• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GMT

there aint no owr3 to tla7/rd6 transitions yet, right? or did I miss them?

... really, it is. I swear.

Flatron

you can plop the starter pieces adjacent to each other...

Kuewr665

You could also use the TLA-7/AVE-6 to RD-6 transition , place a RD-6 starter there, and drag OWR-3 from the RD-6.

Haljackey

Quote from: Kuewr665 on May 21, 2013, 04:39:03 PM
You could also use the TLA-7/AVE-6 to RD-6 transition , place a RD-6 starter there, and drag OWR-3 from the RD-6.

That will work unless you want a one-tile gap in the middle.

If so, converting your route to RHW for a short duration will work. Connect your TLA-7 or AVE-6 to a RHW 6C, use the 6C to 6S transition, and connect OWR-3s from there on in.
-Note that zones can't grow in the RHW segment, but that might be a good place to make a park ;)

itsacoaster

Quote from: Tarkus on April 18, 2013, 09:13:35 PM
The idea behind that sort of pathing was that the vehicles would be able to use the crossover paths and make it over to the rightmost lane--which it doesn't appear they're doing for some reason.  The paths generally don't allow dual-lefts and dual-rights off of the wider NWM OWRs, as, from a realism standpoint, that would create an unrealistic traffic pattern.

-Alex

Just wondering if you have looked into this at all.  In case you haven't, I did a couple of simple tests to see whether the OWR-4 and OWR-5 crossover paths were working.  As you can see from the following links, the OWR-5 works correctly but the OWR-4 does not.

OWR-4: http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a113/itsacoaster/sc4/owr4test.jpg~original
OWR-5: http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a113/itsacoaster/sc4/owr5test.jpg~original

ivo_su

Hello NAM-team!
I guess now you deal with NAM and 31.2 but I guess other members are interested in the future of NAM 32. We all know that it the main focus will be on developing NWM. I am curious to know some details about your future plans. I can suggest that you add new networks AVE-8/TLA-9 as well as some new TuLEP. With great pleasure I would appreciate if you create something like TuREPs - turns to the right lane for weaning. But perhaps the most interesting question I have is when you will begin work on NAM 32.

- Ivo

Tarkus

Quote from: itsacoaster on May 24, 2013, 01:40:20 PM
Just wondering if you have looked into this at all.  In case you haven't, I did a couple of simple tests to see whether the OWR-4 and OWR-5 crossover paths were working.  As you can see from the following links, the OWR-5 works correctly but the OWR-4 does not.

OWR-4: http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a113/itsacoaster/sc4/owr4test.jpg~original
OWR-5: http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a113/itsacoaster/sc4/owr5test.jpg~original

I haven't had a chance to really look at it further--that's really pretty strange.  My guess is it may have to do with how the crossover paths are built between the two.

Quote from: ivo_su on May 25, 2013, 04:26:52 AM
I guess now you deal with NAM and 31.2 but I guess other members are interested in the future of NAM 32. We all know that it the main focus will be on developing NWM. I am curious to know some details about your future plans. I can suggest that you add new networks AVE-8/TLA-9 as well as some new TuLEP. With great pleasure I would appreciate if you create something like TuREPs - turns to the right lane for weaning. But perhaps the most interesting question I have is when you will begin work on NAM 32.

I haven't had much time to really do any developing at all since 31.0--it's been all RL and bugfixing for 31.x releases.  I won't know much until I get a little way into development, but TuLEP expansion is in the cards.  The AVE-8/TLA-9 most likely won't be--much like the RHW-12S and 10C, they're indefinitely on hold, as there's way too many things to crosslink right now.

-Alex

Northern Pyro

Haljackey

Quote from: Northern Pyro on June 02, 2013, 05:43:00 PM
4 words:
One. Way. Road. Parking.

A mod exists for on-street parking for the street network: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=115

I'm sure one could be created for NWM OWRs, but that would be out of the NAM's scope (functionality first!).

Starmanw402007

Howdie mayors; long time no speak lol. I was wondering if you can link to the newest version of the NWM and RHW. I noticed that the orgional ones were locked. And thanks in advance
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

MandelSoft

The latest versions are included in the NAM 31.2. As per NAM 31 policy, all NAM plugins are now in the so-called monolithic NAM.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Wiimeiser

How about an AVE-6 splitter to 2 OWR-2 with RD-2 or AVE-2 in the middle? You can have it change between the two by just rotating, if that makes things easier...
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Indiana Joe

^ Such a piece already exists for RHW.  And AVE-6 can transition into one end of it; OWR-2 transitions right into the other end.

Wiimeiser

I do know that piece, but I think a NWM piece would be great, especially for compactness and RCI access.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

j-dub

Considering that 3 separate pieced RHW splitter, I guess the easier way, would be that piece could just be reformatted out of the and converted, problem solved, maybe, but I just don't see that happening any time soon. Can't say that's a sure thing, I'm just saying it's not impossible.

Kuewr665

What is the status of streets that are two tiles wide? (approximately the width of a RD-4, maybe a little less) Would they be covered by this mod?

I wouldn't be disappointed if they will not be done, but I couldn't find anything from searches.

Indiana Joe

I don't think it's even been discussed.  One-way streets were, but not double-wide.

I was about to say that there aren't that many unmarked, extra-wide streets IRL, but the more I think about it, the more examples I think of.  I kind of like the idea.

But Alex won't, it'd just mean one more network to code for when making draggable viaducts.   $%Grinno$%

Flatron

I have  so far only driven on one such stretch of road, and it was part of a dual carriage way where the Department of Construction has forgotten to mark the lanes.
Exits and splitters from NWM-networks would be great for those who want to create a slow-speed, inner city ringroad/arterial.

eggman121

Quote from: Flatron on September 22, 2013, 01:17:50 AM
Exits and splitters from NWM-networks would be great for those who want to create a slow-speed, inner city ringroad/arterial.

You can always use the Ave 4 ramps for slow speed roads since ramps for the Ave 4 or maxis avenue have existed since NAM 30. You also have the added bonus of L1 and L2 overpasses and underpasses both diagonal and orthogonal on-slope transitions. You still have to use the MIS to connect your crossroads. Just my contribution.

-eggman121

Kuewr665

I notice such streets in inner city neighborhoods, where they can be nearly as wide to fit a four-laned road. What I have in mind are streets north of Broadway east of Euclid in Tucson. Fremont Ave, three blocks to the east, is a good example.