• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geometry123

You will never know when will the next NAM be released. Only time teasing will tell. :P

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game"
                                                 -Ocean Quigley

Kuewr665

I am trying to lot something for my own use. How far apart in pixels are the median barriers in the RHW-6C/8C center tile? Never mind, found it by trial and error.

Geometry123

Just wondering, is there an L2 RHW-4 Type D1 and E1 ramp? Because I've seen some pictures of interchanges featuring that ramp piece, and those guys aren't a NAM team member, so they're not teasing us in an extremely criminal way. $%Grinno$%

BTW, here's an interchange built by McDuell, one of those pesky users. :P d'ya notice the L2 RHW-4 Type D1 ramps? ::)

You will never know when will the next NAM be released. Only time teasing will tell. :P

-Ocean Quigley

Durfsurn

If I'm not mistaken thats a Project Symphony piece.

MandelSoft

Yup. He must've used the Project Symphony ramps as a kind of exploit cheat. If you are really creative, you can exploit a lot of things in the NAM by means of unintentional functionality...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Gugu3

Geometry123

I also thought about that, that's a L2 PS Type D1 ramp, but didn't thought about that because I couldn't seem to delete the opposing carriageway...  :-[

-Ocean Quigley

Durfsurn

Either Rail or El-Rail can remove one side of MHW/PS depending on L0 or L2 (which one to use escapes me) I think. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

drjumbajookiba

I'm having a problem here, is there a fix or something I can do?
Live Out loud For God

Tarkus

Seen as how diagonal intersections involving NWM networks are not really supported, and won't be for some time still, no.

-Alex

Geometry123

As a workaround, you can convert the diagonal section to an RHW-6C as OxD overpasses are supported for that. ;)

-Ocean Quigley

Gugu3

Alex just a curiosity...how do the new diagonal flex ramps work?I mean you plop an RHW-2 ramp and by dragging RHW-4 you get a diagonal RHW-4 ramp or you need to create different models?
Cheers

Indiana Joe

Quote from: Gugu3 on December 13, 2013, 08:02:48 AM
...you plop an RHW-2 ramp and by dragging RHW-4 you get a diagonal RHW-4 ramp...

That's exactly how they work.

Gugu3

Thanks Indiana Joe!
This is a great implementation for the game

thomaslc

Hello,

Is there any plan to make FLEXfly L2 curves be usable over L1 RHW? Currently if I try, it removes a square from the path of the FLEXfly piece.
It would be really nice to be able to do T-Bone interchanges, using an L1 MIS and an L2 FLEXfly over it.

Thanks,

Tarkus

First off, welcome to SC4D, thomaslc

To answer your question, there's a little bit of limited support for L1 RHW-4, and I believe L1 MIS, but no other L1 networks.  The reason for that is the fact that the FLEXFly system is planned to get a complete overhaul, which will include a layout change--that won't be happening in the next release (NAM 32), but is planned for the not-too-distant future.  The current L2 FLEXFly is basically in maintenance mode--it's still there, but we're not really adding anything to its functionality, in anticipation of that revamp.

-Alex

thomaslc

Thank you Alex :-)

I will try some other ways to do it, if I manage to achieve my goal I'll post a screenshot, or maybe even a small tutorial.
The thing is, I'm trying to have the FLEXFly go over an L1 MIS, which itself goes over an L0 RHW-4. I don't know well the SC4 internals, but maybe I'm expecting too much from it ;-)

Thanks again,

Thomas

P.S.: if any bot ever manages to post some spam, congrats to his developer :o

thomaslc

OK, indeed, FLEXFly supports going over an L1-MIS and an RHW-4, but they must not all overlap on the same tile.
Attached is an example of a T-Bone interchange using this technique and RHW-4 inside ramps.

So thank you Alex for pointing this out! :-)

Thomas

Swordmaster

Nice work figuring it out Thomas :thumbsup:

Cheers
Willy

titanicbuff

I have struck an iceberg and Sank
Titanicbuff
Visit my website at: http://simcitybuffs.icyboards.net/
RTMT Team Member
NAM Associate