• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Provo : We're back! 7/4/14

Started by sunv123, December 16, 2012, 12:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gugu3

mgarcia

Beautiful...beautiful - excellent use of Girafe Flora...they make such a difference and the dirt....wow.... :thumbsup: &apls

Schulmanator

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

benedict

Congratulations, you're number one on Ben's Top Ten this week.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

vortext

Great teasers, the car wreck is a nice detail!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

kelis

Fantastic teaser !! I want to see the complete update  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

sunv123

Landon

Welcome to Landon, pop. 454,096 in 1964

QuoteLandon was founded in 1867 and had served as a small banking center until rapid growth started in 1947. The city had seen a decline in pop. due to rising crime rates in it's southern areas, with many of the city's historic rowhouses being abandoned. Things have been improving since 1961, with an expensive renovation for many of the city's aging civics and transport systems. WWII had a large effect on the city's industrial areas, making it go from a small warehouse area to a large manufacturing area where tank parts and tires were made. The city now suffers from a pollution issue, making it forbidden to start any more new developments within a 3 mile radius of the plants.

The city has a depressing 27% poverty rate, the highest within an area of 500 miles.

Latin Square

Landon CBD

Moore and Nash Squares

Bonus suburban shot ;D

Replies

Quote from: Schulmanator on August 13, 2013, 07:52:45 AM
Looking good! Nice, detailed city.

Thanks, Bruce.

Quote from: mgarcia on August 18, 2013, 09:21:05 AM
Just went through all 9 pages - wonderful work! Thanks for introducing us to Provo - love small towns.  :)

Glad you liked it. I too love small towns. :)

Quote from: art128 on August 18, 2013, 09:47:21 AM
Beautiful work on the area around the terminus!

Thanks Arthur :)

Quote from: Kergelen on August 19, 2013, 07:03:11 AM
Nice update and very well done MMPing. &apls
I saw your picture in the Picure Competition and I thought you improved your MMP skills, and indeed you do. I also like the curved suburbs.

Glad you stopped by Kergelen. :thumbsup: I'm always trying to improve my MMP skills, but i'm glad you think I've improved. ()stsfd()

Quote from: Girafe on August 19, 2013, 07:22:07 AM
Beautiful pics  &apls &apls

Thanks Griafe. :)

Quote from: kelis on August 21, 2013, 09:00:15 AM
Provo looks amazing too. I like the pic with all those curves and houses, it's pretty realistic and nice !!

# Jonathan

Thanks Jonathan. I love making curves with the new nam, like as you said, very realistic. ()stsfd()

Quote from: Gugu3 on August 21, 2013, 11:02:30 AM
Very nice!!!! &apls

Thanks Gugu

Quote from: mgarcia on August 21, 2013, 09:34:11 PM
Beautiful...beautiful - excellent use of Girafe Flora...they make such a difference and the dirt....wow.... :thumbsup: &apls

Thanks man!! Yes, Girafe's flora makes everything look nice xD

Quote from: Schulmanator on August 22, 2013, 02:52:19 PM
VERY nice!  :thumbsup:

Thanks Bruce :)

Quote from: benedict on August 23, 2013, 10:42:14 AM
Congratulations, you're number one on Ben's Top Ten this week.

Thanks Ben for Visiting and thanks as well for the lists. :thumbsup:

Quote from: vortext on August 24, 2013, 03:59:14 AM
Great teasers, the car wreck is a nice detail!  :thumbsup:

Thanks Erik! Glad you liked it. :)

Quote from: kelis on August 25, 2013, 07:46:44 AM
Fantastic teaser !! I want to see the complete update  :thumbsup:

Thanks Jonathan. The are farms taking very long with all the details, so I made this update so there wouldn't be a long hiatus. It's coming, soon, so rest assured. :)

Hope you Enjoyed! ;D
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

Gugu3

RepublicMaster

Great update. I like the Nash square! :D

rooker1

Great update.
I wish there was more life in the pics. I do see some cars but it seems like not enough. I do really like how all the buildins seem to fit together very well. Great choice of custom content.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

Schulmanator

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

elliotwiley

Hi sunv,

your City is a real inspiration to me! May I ask you what MMP-trees you use at those marvelous-looking interchanges?

sunv123

Greetings.

Today as you might have noticed, is September the 11th. It was tragic day for millions around the world as the terrorists caused so much carnage. The first responders rushed in, putting other's lives ahead of theirs. Let us all remember this day.

9/11

9/11 Memorial in Landon

God Bless us all.

elliotwiley

Quote from: elliotwiley on September 11, 2013, 12:40:56 PM
Hi sunv,

your City is a real inspiration to me! May I ask you what MMP-trees you use at those marvelous-looking interchanges?

Once more great pics! I'll add to my question asked above - What sidewalks are that in your last post?

Thanks for not ignoring me this time.

sunv123

Hello there Elliot.

I've been having a busy week so please excuse me if i'm not responding. I really don't have the time and all. A little patience won't hurt, will it?

I will get you the links over the weekend.

Thanks.

elliotwiley

Quote from: sunv123 on September 12, 2013, 01:37:42 PM
Hello there Elliot.

I've been having a busy week so please excuse me if i'm not responding. I really don't have the time and all. A little patience won't hurt, will it?

I will get you the links over the weekend.

Thanks.

Sure patience won't hurt.
Thank you too, that's more than I had expected. Looking forward  :)

Huston_N7

Seems a little late, but it's a nice tribute. Very beautiful set of pics :)
<a href="http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15523.msg467533#msg467533"></a>
E37 - Ferust System | Violet Nebula
"Blinding Night"
06/09/2013

sunv123

A little project that i'm working on. I think it needs a bit of work, but i'm liking it so far :)

Any suggestions?

btw, anybody know any fixes for the wonky road textures in pic 1?

Girafe

I love this kind of pics  :thumbsup:

Delete one pole every other pole, you have a double brown car.

If you have the knowledge, you can scale up the yellow car to 120 / 130% to fit the rest of vehicules 
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    *