• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC Cleanitol TM

Started by wouanagaine, January 22, 2007, 02:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CfnNexus

Hey all, I recently tried to reinstall Cleanitol, clean install with fresh copy from the LEX, and it came up with this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "BSC Cleanitol TM.py", line 2, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 82, in load_module
  File "wx\__init__.pyo", line 45, in ?
  File "wx\_core.pyo", line 4, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 98, in load_module
ImportError: MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading wx\_core_.pyd

What is happening and how can this be resolved?

sarjm

I think you forgot the dll's. See beginning of - Cleanitol A Guide for Users

CfnNexus

Seems I needed new copies of the dll's in those places. Problem solved, thanks!

City Builder

Ok, let me play Moron here for a moment.

Should I assume that Cleanitol is only good for installing new content that has a the necessary cleanitol .txt files included with them?  OR is there some sort of master cleanitol file that can run through all my plugin files telling me what dependencies I've missed on any of the plugins that are installed in my plugins folder?

I downloaded the latest Cleanitol file from the LEX, and I click the ... browse button to see all these cleanitol files that came with the cleanitol program however I'll be danged if I could even remember which plugins I might have installed out of the semi-vast list of cleanitol files included with the program.  Obviously some of the names seem memorable like BSC since I have a lot of Plugins in my BSC folders, however things like Airports I couldn't tell you from memory if I ever installed any custom airport content or not and running some other cleanitol files that were included tell me Im up to date and have no missing dependencies (do I know if I have the plugins that required that dependency check? No, I don't honestly know), and some other cleanitol .txt files tell me that I am missing a slew of dependencies, again do I have the plugins that required the vast list of missing dependencies?  I don't honestly know.

There seems to be a couple tools available, some that I like best like the SC4 Organizer and download installer that seem to somehow interact with the cleanitol program but exactly how I've not yet had the time to investigate, but just thought to get an answer to my first question above, and to ponder at this point (since I've got about 2.5GB packed  (datpacker 08) plugins, and about 4GB unpacked, which it is the unpacked that I run the cleanitol program on just in case anybody thinks Im a complete moron and trying to run cleanitol on packed files (Im not)) ;) .... And to ponder at this point whether I should just start all over once again and start redownloading all the plugins that interest me see if they have a cleanitol file included and run it prior to installing the plugins or if Cleanitol is the miracle tool that will somehow run through all my plugins finding missing dependencies.

Sorry for being the total fool in this thread, Im fine if it can't run through my plugins to find any missing dependencies via a master Cleanitol list that might be hosted somewhere, I just want to make sure before I progress to stripping out all my plugins and starting over once again since that takes a substantial amount of time to find everything again and redownload everything once more.  You may wonder, why start all over if things are going well... Well, sometimes they don't go so well, there are times trying to place a known good plugin building and the game crashes, then the next time I try to place that building the game is fine with it, suspecting not likely to be the plugin itself but disorganization methods implemented by myself prior to downloading any tools might mean it's time to start over once again sadly. :(

Thanks a lot for the tool, as with all tools for SC4 it is seriously appreciated to help us (me).
When your tired of games of destruction, come to CityBuilderGames.com to discuss games of Construction!
Oh!  Thanks for the negative rep, I love you too!

RippleJet

No, there is no way Cleanitol could be your miracle tool and know what you've installed and check for possible missing dependencies.

A Cleanitol file is only a list that the creator has assembled to help you collect your dependencies and possible remove conflicts and outdated files. This would have to be done when you're installing what that creator made. Dependencies, conflicts and outdated files are normally also listed in an accompanying readme file.

A Crash To Desktop can occur e.g. if you have conflicting airport or seaport controllers. Plugins that may cause CTD unless installed properly always have a readme explaining this, which conflicts to remove and which dependencies to download. They normally also come with a Cleanitol file helping you with this. And this should of course be dealt with the same day that you installed them. However, if you don't remember whether you've installed custom airports, how would Cleanitol know?

City Builder

Thanks,

Yeah that's what I figured.  Well I will attempt to start weeding the plugins of duplicates to start by creating a copy of my plugins and dumping them all from their seperate folders into one large folder to get rid of duplicates and then seperate them out alphabetically (creating folders A-Z) and putting them into their and then start chopping them out one at a time to see when the crashes start and stop.

I guess that I was dreaming (hoping) that somehow there was one huge cleanitol file that was produced with most known plugins and their dependencies and then cleanitol would check to see if I had the plugin installed and then check to see if the dependencies were installed for it too and then notify me of just those plugins that I actually have installed and any missing dependencies.  Oh well.  Not to be, no harm, no biggie.  I guess part of the whole SC4 user content is spending some time keeping things clean.

I guess I'll have to be more careful about installing once I get it all sorted out.  Shouldn't take more than 24 to 72 hours I suppose ;)

Thanks for the explanation of how it works, much appreciated.
When your tired of games of destruction, come to CityBuilderGames.com to discuss games of Construction!

bugs4514

can some please help i tried all the ddl files and eveything the  readme file said and still i get this message

File "BSC Cleanitol TM.py", line 2, in ?

File "wx\__init__.pyo", line 45, in ?

File "wx\_core.pyo", line 4, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 98, in load_module

ImportError: MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading wx\_core_.pyd

wouanagaine

it certainly looks like you have not the required dlls, make sure you put them in the same folder as the exe

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

bugs4514

yep you where right i downloaded both off the net instead of using the one that came with file now it works  thank you

Sky Guy

Hi I need help I open cleanitol and after it goes through everything, when I click backup now, I get this:

File "BSC Cleanitol TM.py", line 489, in OnStart
  File "BSC Cleanitol TM.py", line 247, in process
  File "distutils\file_util.pyo", line 202, in move_file
distutils.errors.DistutilsFileError: can't move 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\Commercial\Asian Style\other sites\ÉXÅ[ÉpÅ[ÉhÉâÉbÉOÉRÉXÉÇÉX\365ì?ñàì?à¿Ç¢ÅI.txt': not a regular file

Please help Thanks!

Oh and wouanagaine since you made the wonderful SC4terraformer, could you check out this post, see If you can help? Thanks
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=8389.0

Kalu Sabah- A fast growing dynamic Southeast Asian Country

wouanagaine

SkyGuy, the file is a bit weird to say the least as it contains ? which is a prohibited character
Please try to delete that file yourself
( replied to other thread done )

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Sky Guy

THanks for the help, I tried to delete the file, but each time it comes up with the smae message, but with a different folder- i deleted them over and over, but it still comes up. I tried reinstalling with no luck. any other ideas?

Oh and about terraformer, i tried pushing "g" with no luck and it isn't just black on the low ground, but even tall mountains are black

k808j

@Sky Guy

Try doing a virus or malware check

L i s t e n  T o  O u r  F a m o u s  T h e m e
http://www.supload.com/listen?s=PVfnXk">We Are Borg

wouanagaine

Quote from: Sky Guy on October 21, 2009, 05:34:56 PM
THanks for the help, I tried to delete the file, but each time it comes up with the smae message, but with a different folder- i deleted them over and over, but it still comes up. I tried reinstalling with no luck. any other ideas?

Does it occurs on any files or files with name like the above ( ie mainly asian files ) ?
BTW if you use DatPacker, you don't need to run the cleanitol.txt that comes with cleanitol

Oh and about terraformer, i tried pushing "g" with no luck and it isn't just black on the low ground, but even tall mountains are black
Can you post some pics in the mentionned thread please ?

New Horizons Productions

Sky Guy

No, even if I take out the entire folder it will find a wrong file in a completely different one.
It is taking out many of the useless files and such, because i don't get the error until a few seconds into the backing up of the files, but each time I rerun the locater there is still a whole lot...

also I posted a pic in the other thread.
btw- thanx fort all the help and patience

Sky Guy

Ok, so now I have a new problem in addition to the other.

I have noticed that since using the cleanitol, several of the files it gets rid of (before it gives the error) are important files because when I go into the game, I get the error saying Im missing dependancies like for example, the cleanitol removed simgoobers warehouses- Is there any way I can stop this?

Ra1n

Is there a way to make the cleanitol work with Windows 7 64bit or is there a different version that does work for my OS?
Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the strength to stand and face it.

City Builder

Quote from: Ra1n on November 22, 2009, 10:17:35 PM
Is there a way to make the cleanitol work with Windows 7 64bit or is there a different version that does work for my OS?
What trouble are you having, it seems to work fine on my Windows 7 64bit installation.  That is to say, I've started it, and it runs and seems to be doing what it's supposed to do.

MOREOPTIONS

%confuso Hi,, Love this program,.. I wonder tho,. if anyone has an updated Cleanitol txt i can use to check all my plug ins,. as i think it's removed some and i also may have some duplicats,. Thank you. God Bless.

darkkhon

Can anyone help me with this error...

File "BSC Cleanitol TM.py", line 467, in OnReport
  File "BSC Cleanitol TM.py", line 50, in locate
pywintypes.com_error: (-2147024809, 'The parameter is incorrect.', None, None)