• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TEG24601

I'm loving NAM31, and the updates to RHW (and project symphony).  I'm just having two minor issues.  The 1st is that I don't appear to be able to make curves on my own on my RHWs anymore.  The textures all turn white.  And the second is that I don't appear to have any filler pieces.  No menu item, no nothing.  Any thoughts?

sunv123

There weren't any filler pieces included in NAM 31.
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

TEG24601

Quote from: sunv123 on March 09, 2013, 03:03:31 PM
OK, that explains that.  I was reading over the manual and it said that there were some, and I didn't see it reported on the previous pages.

TEG

the7train

Quote from: sunv123 on March 09, 2013, 03:03:31 PM
Was that done on purpose? Or is it a mistake and they will be included in the future? I certainly hope they will be in the future releases.

Tarkus

We dropped them temporarily, as they were a mess of Pre-P57 components that didn't quite work with the new RHW, and many of them would have been essentially unusable had we left them enabled.  They're still not entirely fixed yet, but that'll be one of the main things we'll do before releasing NAM 31.1.

-Alex

Paul 999

The new NAM is great but how can i build a RHW-8S viaduct?

I have use the RHW2 overwrite viaducts pieces.

MandelSoft

We are working on that. We expect the next version (31.1) to be ready very soon...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

ivo_su

Maarten I have one request to you and the whole team of us, but do not know whether it is possible for you to realize it. I very much like your Euro textures for NWM and for RHW, but really I would be happy if they are able to combine textures euro so as not to interfere with standard Maxis road. Just me I love the double yellow line and I want to keep it, and at the same time use the euro and textures.
As for the new NAM 31 he is really great and I congratulate you sincerely for it. It is normal to have some errors, bugs, etc. but I've never doubted in you guys and I know you can fix this without much difficulty. Thank you for that date were announced for a pre-deadline.

MandelSoft

Well, about mixing up the Euro textures and the US textures: that's probably a no-go for now. The crux of the problem is the crosslinkage between Euro x Non-euro items. This will require extra texturing work, something that takes time I don't have at hand right now...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Ramona Brie

I've held off on upgrading to wait for stability in 31.1. Will I be able to upgrade from 30 directly to 31.1?

Swordmaster

Yes, 31.1 will be the same as 31, but improved. We were first considering calling it 32, but there won't be much new content, therefore 31.1.

Cheers
Willy

Durfsurn

Please don't give u a release date this time though NAM Team! :P Anyway get it right and take your time ;)

Tarkus

Quote from: Durfsurn on March 16, 2013, 04:57:53 PM
Please don't give u a release date this time though NAM Team! :P Anyway get it right and take your time ;)

That's precisely what we're doing.  The release date for the original NAM 31 was a one-off deal, brought on by special circumstances--we wanted people to know that both the NAM Team and SimCity 4 were still alive and kicking in 2013.  That's been accomplished.  Now we're just refining things, based upon what the community's reported, and once we have that in top-notch shape, we'll start adding new content again.

-Alex

CityMaster563

Is there an EL RHW 10 to Ground RHW 10 transition? I can't find one anywhere
thanks
Coastland Region: The SC4 Story:
http://community.simtropolis.com/journal/4478-coastland-region-the-sc4-
story/
The story of two major counties, Ashville and Coastland, battle out to have an individual city reach 1 million sims, but a major storm destroys one city, and a major. What will now happen?
Coming soon: SimCity 4, Full 3D Art (a museum tour)

Tarkus

There is no dedicated puzzle piece for a Ground-to-Elevated RHW-10S transition.  (I should also add--there's two different Elevated RHW-10S networks--Level 1 and Level 2.  To which one do you refer?)  All newer RHW networks use the Flexible Height Transition (FLEX-HT) and Flexible On-Slope Transition (FLEX-OST) systems to achieve height transitions, whereby dragging the lower of the two networks into the bottom of the FLEX transition will convert the whole thing to the new network.

The RHW-10S ones may be a bit unstable at the moment.  This will be fixed for NAM 31.1

-Alex

Mike1973

:thumbsup:The NAM is in my own language.

goodluck with the fixes dudes.
And tnx for the dutch translation.

esto

In the new NAM I am looking for these pieces:

-  a transition between 7.5 RHW and 7.5 avenue intersection
-  7.5 avenue over RHW - 4

Thank you

Indiana Joe

Quote from: esto on March 22, 2013, 06:36:04 PM
In the new NAM I am looking for these pieces:

-  a transition between 7.5 RHW and 7.5 avenue intersection
-  7.5 avenue over RHW - 4

Thank you

Neither exist, and neither are at the top of their list for future creations.  I've already bugged them about this; 7.5 m default networks (road and avenue) were a last-minute inclusion and we should be happy we have them at all.

Flatron

Hi, is it just me, or are there no more filler pieces?
(diagonal MIS especiallly)

wschmrdr

Quote from: Flatron on March 23, 2013, 07:09:13 AM
Hi, is it just me, or are there no more filler pieces?
(diagonal MIS especiallly)

Did you not see every other post on this thread? They already said they weren't included in NAM 31.  &sly