• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Art128's BATs

Started by art128, February 20, 2009, 10:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

Thanks mate. :)

Have been busy BATing this week, made some good progress on the building. The roof was a pain to make. I shall now only stick to simple roofs.
Still need to carve out the window on the last floor and add all the details..

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

kelis

It looks really nice Arthur ! Can't wait to see the textures.
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

art128

Thanks for the likes and stuff. I haven't done any BAT as much as I would like to have but I got sidetracked... again. I will try to finish this one this summer.

So I've made some modification on the building. I thought the left side at the back was too monolithic so I've removed 2 stories and added some terraces.

Props & Texture Catalog

art128

Some more progress on the building. I've started putting furniture on the balconies. (Not finished ofc)

Props & Texture Catalog

art128

Thanks for the feedback guys. Here's another render of the building. Still not done putting furniture on the balconies but it's getting along fine.
I tried some texturing. I have to say I actually like the roof texture like that.
You get the four angles today.

Props & Texture Catalog

art128

I should be able to export it this week. Still have to model the shop's shelves and do the Lightning and LODs.

Props & Texture Catalog

Tyberius06

Wow, Art, this is a freaking awesome and beautifully detailed model. All those sunbeds and chairs and other furnitures are really giving it a nice touch. Beautiful stuff!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

art128

Okay I have two questions.

1) If I have a SC4Model file in which all the FSH files are good, but the S3D are bad (for some reason SC4BAT rendered the LOD in 1x1x1 instead of the good size) and a second file, freshly rendered from SC4BAT (so no FSH) and this time the correct size for the S3D.
Is there any way to somehow combine these two files so that I can avoid re-rendering the model?

2) In the PIM-X how can I elevate props? If I try to do it like in the SC4Lot Editor, Ctrl arrows up, the PIMX Lot editor basically crashes.

Props & Texture Catalog

art128

Alright guys, here is it.  Do you think the default PIM-X values are adequate?

4x4 with a diagonal overhang on the right
R$$
Euro Tileset
Stage 7 (default PIM-X value)
1286 residents (default PIM-X value)

Props & Texture Catalog

Tyberius06

Hi Art!

Oh wow, these ingame images are awesome. I didn't realize that ortho-diag turn on the render images, but ingame that's a pretty cool set-up. This is really beautiful!
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.

art128

Props & Texture Catalog

fantozzi

Very beautiful. Thank you so much.

&apls  &apls  &apls  &apls  &apls  &apls  :bnn:  :bnn:  :bnn:  &apls  &apls  &apls  &apls  &apls  &apls

art128

Started working on my next BAT.
These are the Harbour Village I and II residential towers from Rotterdam, NL.

Basic shape of the base is done. I think I will finish the base first and then start the towers.

Props & Texture Catalog

art128

Some years ago I posted a picture of cars I've rendered in the game as props. After listening to the comments and talking to other creators, it made me acknowledge the cars were under-scaled.

After almost two months of work, starting on the 27th December 2022, I've re-rendered all the cars and more.

In this pack, you will find 719 different cars coming in two angles, 90 and 45. That's 1438 props. It's a lot so feel free to use whichever you want. They also feature night lights. (except some race cars)

These cars are made firstly for my use, and since my region is based on pre-2000, all the cars are the same. From the start of the 20th century to 1999.

They come in a variety of different type, from road cars to concepts and race cars. Full list in this post.

You can download them on the LEX here: Link coming

Here are some pictures showing all the cars. (The pictures are heavy so give them time to load)

Road cars:

Race Cars:

Disclaimer: I did not model the cars. Apart from a few modification here and there.

I converted and imported them into 3dsmax, textured and rendered them for SC4. They mostly come from Assetto Corsa mods and Sketchup's 3D Warehouse. All credits goes to the original creators.

Since I am not making money out of this, I'd say it's fair play to use them.

And with that done, back to the other BATs

Props & Texture Catalog

Akallan

My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

Tyberius06

Thanks Art for sharing these amazing props! Beautiful collection, great work!  &apls  &apls  &apls

- Tyberius

art128

Thanks!
------------

I was going through my plugin folder, deleting stuff to downsize my plugins in preparation for my final region/city and stumbled upon these aircraft related props that I forgot I rendered for the airport/air base project.
Since I will not be pursuing this project anymore I decided to get rid of them.
Instead of deleting I thought I'd upload these for the community to use.

Before getting to the pictures here's what we have:

Instrument Landing system props, some are based on JENX/Xannepan originals on the LEX
90s era airplanes
JSDF aircraft and vehicles
a diagonal tram stop I modeled for Noahclem. Unfortunately the rest of the stops are lost.

Please note that these props are given as is. I am aware there are rendering issues but I will not fix them. I do not have the models anymore. If you don't like them, don't use them. simple as.

Also I did not model most of these. All of the planes and vehicles come from the sketchup 3D warehouse. Except the tram stop, that's mine.

Now the pictures:

Tram stop, based on Paris T3a Line stops.

Airport ground props
  • Towbar
  • towbarless pushback tractor
  • Large tug
  • Small tug

Japan Self Defense Force vehicles
  • JGSDF Stryker Command (Japan actually doesn't use it)
  • JGSDF Type 74 Main Battle Tank
  • JGSDF Komatsu LAV
  • JASDF Large tug
  • JASDF Small tug

Mil Mi-26

• Dassault Alpha Jet
  • Eurocopter AS332
  • Eurocopter AS350
  • Eurocopter AS350 JMSDF
  • Hughes OH-6
  • Fuji UH-1J

• Bell AH1 SuperCobra
  • Boeing AH-64D Apache
  • Boeing CH-47J Chinhook

• Tupolev Tu-154 Aeroflot
  • Boeing 747-400 ANA
  • Boeing 747 Lufthansa
  • Boeing 767-300ER ANA
  • Mc Douglas DC10 KLM
  • MC Douglas MD11 Finnair
  • Boeing C-17 Globemaster III

• Mitsubishi H-60 JMSDF
  • Mitsubishi H-60-JASDF
  • Mitsubishi H-60-JGSDF

Lockheed P3-C

Yakovlev Yak-42 Aeroflot

• Antonov AN-74
  • Beechcraft LR-2

• MItsubishi F-15J JASDF
  • Mitsubishi F4-EJ JASDF
  • Mitsubishi LR-1 JGSDF
  • Gulfstream G550

• Antonov AN-124
  • already shown above
  • Lockheed C-130H
  • Ilyushin Il-76 Volga Dniepr

• VOR/DME Antenna
  • ILS Glide Slope Antenna
  • ILS Localizer
  • PAPI
  • Approach lights

You can get both of these packs over at the STEX:

https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/35506-instrument-landing-system/
https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/35507-props-pack-of-forgotten-stuff/

Props & Texture Catalog

Tyberius06

&apls  &apls  &apls  &apls  &apls
 :bnn:  :bnn:  :bnn:  :bnn:  :bnn:

Thank you so much releasing these awesome props and models. Huge thanks for the diagonal tram stop. That's gonna be a great addition for some future GLR related projects of mine.
If you find any other of your unreleased BATs, please don't hesitate to release them as they are.

AsimPika3172

Wow! Nice airport stuffs!  :thumbsup:
I loves Sim City forever!