• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Custom Textures in LE

Started by WillG_75, March 17, 2009, 04:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WillG_75

I have seen a good tutorial a while back about making textures, but I lost the link. I think it was moved to a different part of the board. I only need help on getting them in LE. Does anyone have a link? Heck, if someone have a custom prop tutorial, that would be good too :P

vershner

I'm not where one on this forum is, but there's one over on ST. [Link]

WillG_75

WillG_75

I created my own blank .dat file and Whenever I try to save the texture, it says "Error! Data not saved!" It also won't let me change to a custom IID, it's still the original 0xFC...... string.

vershner

Did you tick the box at the bottom to disregard the range it suggests?

dedgren

Will- First, take a deep breath.

Are you using the SC4Tool?  I assume so, but I thought I'd check.  OK, now, are you

(1)  using a 128x128 pixel PNG file as your texture?  (2) remembering to propagate the textures to the lower view levels?

If all is well, you will see (1) the texture show up in all the squares.  Now, (2) are you entering the IID properly?  It is 10 alphanumeric characters long, always starts with "0x" (that's a zero followed by a small x) and any alpha characters in the eight alphanumerics that make up the address must be capitalized.  If you are doing all that and things still don't work, post a screenie of the error message- I'll be glad to help you puzzle things out.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

WillG_75

dedgren

Will- IIDs are in hexadecimal.  That means digits from 0 through 9 and letters from A through F.  W and G are a bit out of that range, although G is pretty close.  Change "WG" to "AA" and it will work just fine.

But wait- before you do that, you need to go and get a range from the BSC Texture Index [linkie].  That way your new texture will not conflict with existing textures out there.  Then you save your texture with an IID inside that range.  There's other helpful info there as well.

Good luck!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

WillG_75

Ahhh duh! Should have known about the hexadecimal deal, considering I am studying in the IT field lol. I will go and reserve a range. BTW, could you tell me how to create overlay textures? I'm sure it has something to do with the alpha channels, but I am not 100% sure.

BarbyW

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original