• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Road-6 Neighbor connection

Started by pja5529, January 31, 2014, 12:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pja5529

I have been having an issue with the road-6 neighbor connection.  Last month I started replacing several of my busy avenues with either ave-6 or road-6.  However when I build my road-6 connections, only the pedestrians traffic makes it through to the neighboring city.  The car traffic does not.  I am dragging the road-6 connection to the edge and then placing the road-6 neighbor connection on top, but its still not working and hasn't since I started using it.  I thought this would change when the Nam 32 was released so I never got help, I just waited cause I heard it was coming soon.  I downloaded the update yesterday and am still getting the same thing.  Is anyone else having this issue?

trabman11

Quit Strange. I also had this issue in NAM 31.1 but it went away in 31.2. You should post this in the NAM Help and Support forums found here - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1444.0
RISE UP AND FIGHT WITH SUPER BUNNY AND BOB!!!
  (\_/)           ☻/       /  \       
\(='.'=)/        /▌        |☢|       
(")_(")         / \       //||\\
*whispers* ...For what I don't know...I think they are anti-Google+ anarchists  ???

Tarkus

Actually, this is an appropriate enough place for it.

I actually did some adjustment before NAM 32 on this particular NC, and had it working perfectly.  You just need to make sure you have the NC piece placed on both city tiles at the connection point, and give the game some time to run in each city, to ensure the traffic simulator sees it's there.

-Alex

pja5529

Oh okay disregard my post in the support thread.

I let it run some but I will let it run some more.  Maybe I didn't let it run enough.  I'll let you know if it works.

Thanks!

pja5529

Okay so I let it run some more and noticed that the car traffic from one city is going through to the other city but not vice versa. Actually 184 cars come through but there should be over 6000.  The pedestrians are going through fine but not the car traffic.  I'm seriously considering upgrading to the ave 6 but there are skyscrapers on that part of the road and both sides.  I'm still stumped.

trabman11

Did you just check this with the morning commute option, or did you also check the connection with the evening commute option. If you didn't then do so. You should most likely see that the 6000 commuters come back into the city during the evening commute.
RISE UP AND FIGHT WITH SUPER BUNNY AND BOB!!!
  (\_/)           ☻/       /  \       
\(='.'=)/        /▌        |☢|       
(")_(")         / \       //||\\
*whispers* ...For what I don't know...I think they are anti-Google+ anarchists  ???