• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

New Updated Dependencies List ¡¡¡ ( Thanks to Diggis)

Started by jeronij, August 11, 2007, 06:06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M4346

Yes, sorry. I was referring to the other prop packs by MJB that have been merged into that one MEGA pack. :)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Anthony

"$Deal"$ Hi. The link for this dependency in the dependency help list appears to be broken: BSC MEGA Props W2W Vol 01.

dragonshardz

missed dependency: BSC BAT Props RP2005 Vol02

also SNM Essentials

jeronij

Quote from: Heblem on September 21, 2007, 09:14:24 PM
please update the file with the the LBT House Pack 1 (devotion and CSC) and LBT Prop Pack 2 (CSC)
Done, if there are still missing deps ( STEX?¿) please, post the links  ;)

Quote from: BarbyW on September 26, 2007, 11:33:15 PM
The links to these are not working:
BSC CARCH Farm Props01   
BSC CARCH Festival Props 2004     
BSCCARCHFountainProps01

They should all be linked to BSC MEGA Props CARCH Vol 01

Done  ;)

Quote from: M4346 on September 26, 2007, 11:42:04 PM
Also the MJB MEGA Prop Pack and other Prop Packs. The LEX link links to a STEX file by Cogeo.

The correct link is:

BSC MJB MEGA Prop Pack Vol 01  :thumbsup:

Also done  ;D

Quote from: Anthony on October 31, 2007, 08:36:38 PM
"$Deal"$ Hi. The link for this dependency in the dependency help list appears to be broken: BSC MEGA Props W2W Vol 01.

Thanks. Fixed  :thumbsup:

Quote from: dragonshardz on November 07, 2007, 09:11:01 PM
missed dependency: BSC BAT Props RP2005 Vol02

also SNM Essentials

Thanks, added all the 3 RP prop packs links ( for the same price  ;D )  -  btw, SNM Essentials --> SNM Support Files  ;)

Sorry for the delay , but I had to find the time to fix all those links  ::) . I hope the lists ( SC4D and LEX) are even better now  ;D
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

dragonshardz

the link to BSC MEGA Props Vol 01 works, but the there is no DL link...  ()what()  ???

d'oh, i wasn't logged in!!

where's a hand slapping forehead smiley when you need one...

wouanagaine

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

SC4BOY

If I look up (on the dependency list for LEX) BSC Mega Prop JES Vol 13, it sends me to BSC Mega Prop JES Vol 5.. THEN when I link from the list it sends me to BSC Mega Prop JES Vol 1, not 5

Also the following dependencies need to be added to the list
SG_Models_Sainsbury – vital to avoid brown boxes ... FOUND http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1099
SG Extras – vital to see the queries  ... FOUND http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1090

They are needed for SG Commercials Lots Sainsburys simgoober

In fact as I look further, even tho they are classed "BSC" the general class of simgoober's SG_ whatever lots are not listed here at all. Perhaps there needs to be a SG MASTER list similar to what there is for some other dependency people (ie Deadwood).. SG has a crapload of excellent items.. they should be easy to find.

Also missing for lot http://www.sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=733 Jestarr Chemical Storage Facility

is BSCBATProps JES Vol12

Well I finally found it where it says in the label "Superceded by BSC Mega Props - JES Vol04".. why not just include this here on this list? :) .. or better yet, modify the dl above just to say Vol 4 to start and avoid the whole thing..

jeronij

Thanks for your investigation and advice SC4BOY, we'll look further into it asap  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

SC4BOY

This file http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=341 BSCTexturePack JES Vol02 is asked for on the essentials linked by SFBT in this file \cleanitol BSC Mega Packs\cleanitol BSC Mega Packs(1).txt however this file is locked. This file (341 above) shows that it is "Superceded by BSC Textures Vol02"

The essentials file should be updated to remove BSCTexturePack JES Vol02and just show  BSC Textures Vol02 with the link http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=638.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, even though I appreciate that people try to update their dependencies in order for us to be able to find them, I think this is a cheap shot.. the file SFBT Oil Tanks (Readme's\SFBT Oil Tanks\readme_oil_storage_tanks.htm) http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=750 .. it's just stupid to show the ENTIRE LIST OF BSC MEGAFILES for this ONE LOT.. sheez!!

I'd rather have the actual dependency listed and I"LL FIND IT if that is the approach being taken. WHy not just list all the downloads as a dependency for every download lot on SC4D? :)

EDIT My mistake.. this file SFBT Oil Tanks properly links in http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=750 as is proper.. I don't  know how I got myself confused, but I appologize!!  :-[

In addition the last file listed for the BSC ESSENTIALS LIST mentioned above is MISSING : Newman Inc Prop Pack Vol3.dat has not been found, you can download it : http://www.simpeg.com/dload.php?action=file&file_id=375 This link is broken and gives a HTTP 404 NOT FOUND error. If the TITLE is CORRECT? the proper link appears to be this one
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=911

However if that file (911) is correct, then the cleanitol list (BSC ESSENTIALS) is in error since I already have the file 911 BSC Textures Vol 02 installed.. so there is some problem there too. This MAY BE because Cleanitol was simply looking for the wrong file.. I don't know

Andreas

Quote from: SC4BOY on November 18, 2007, 04:58:53 PM
Also, even though I appreciate that people try to update their dependencies in order for us to be able to find them, I think this is a cheap shot.. the file SFBT Oil Tanks (Readme's\SFBT Oil Tanks\readme_oil_storage_tanks.htm) http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=750 .. it's just stupid to show the ENTIRE LIST OF BSC MEGAFILES for this ONE LOT.. sheez!!

Maybe I'm mixing up something, but the readme for the SFBT Oil Storage Tanks doesn't show the whole list of BSC Mega Prop Packs, but just the needed dependencies, namely the SFBT Essentials (the file you linked above) and the BSC Textures Vol. 1.
Andreas

SC4BOY

Quote from: Andreas on November 18, 2007, 05:20:45 PM
... the SFBT Oil Storage Tanks ...  just the needed dependencies, namely the SFBT Essentials ...

You are quite correct, my apologies.. I have corrected the note..

On another note: I may be confused in how to use the cleanitol  program in some cases. I have run the megfile list cleanitol file "cleanitol BSC Mega Packs.zip" and it lists the following files on my system:

CAL_Harbourprops.dat (CAL_Harbourprops.dat)  found in ...
BSCBATProps RT Beverage Trucks Vol01.dat (BSCBATProps RT Beverage Trucks Vol01.dat)  found in ...

In addition it lists a very long list of megafiles that I don't have installed (which I suppose is natural as it seems to be some sort of "master list").

But I am not sure how I should be using this. I don't at this time wish to dl the 100's of megabytes of all those mega-files, even though I DO wish to have appropriate megafiles for those items that I have installed in my system.

When I go to the dependency list page on SC4D I don't find those 2 files that are shown in my list. How do I find out WHICH megafile I should dl (if any) in place of the 2 files listed here. I would GUESS that the first for CAL is BSC MegaProps CAL Vol1 http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=469 , but I don't know how to confirm that. The other one BSC BAT Props D66 RT Vol 01 which when I follow the link is BSC MEGA Props D66 Vol01 http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=396 .. are those the correct ones? I already have D66 Vol01, so maybe its one of the other Vol's.. (there are at least 9 edit: hmm .. I note that these all map into TWO files only..however the file above RT Beverage Trucks.. is not in either one) ? How do I confirm this? Do I just have to download them all and look?

EDIT: I have confirmed that the CAL_harbour one is in the CAL Megapack.. not too hard on this one as there was only one.. :)

I am not really sure what this means and what specific action I should be taking. If I run the "backup" function of cleanitol, won't I just be removing those 2 files? (which I assume SOME dl that I have installed.. in this case the harbor walls and the Pepsi plant that uses them.. ) If I remove the two files, but don't perform any other action, won't I be messing up those two packages I have installed?

If this is explained somewhere and I've missed it, please refer me to that documentation. If not, please tell me what I should do.. :)  Maybe I simply should NOT RUN the master cleanitol file?

In either case the file SUGGESTS that the two specific files are contained in some BSC megapack, but I don't know how to find that. I have looked on the master list page on SC4D http://www.sc4devotion.com/dependencies.html and they are not there. Thanks.

I MAY BE making this way harder than it should be.. LOL.. if so just be patient with me as I learn..  %confuso

Hopefully if I am completely off track, I can at least help someother poor soul as dumb as I am ..  :D

Please don't take all this as complaints.. :) I am learning as I go. I really appreciate what is being done here and am very much in support!!.. I hope maybe my problems will help others to learn as well as me.. PLUS .. maybe I can act as a "tester" so I may find a problem here or there that can be corrected. Please take this in the proper spirit.

SUMMARY: I guess what I would like to see in a "perfect world" is literally a master list or database of EVERY FILE in EVERY MEGAFILE. It would seem that this could be done fairly simply with a batch process that simply "print to list" all the contents of every mega.. But I am not sure... maybe it is harder than I think.. anyway.. that is my thoughts. Then anyone could find any dependency missing by just looking in that list and getting the proper megafile.

capo

@SC4Boy: What cleanitol does is search for old files that are replaced by mega packs. So you should only use the backup function when you know that you have the megapacks installed.

The two examples you gave:
CAL_Harbourprops.dat
BSCBATProps RT Beverage Trucks Vol01.dat

Cals' harbourprops are indeed part of CAL's Megapack, the RT Beverage Trucks are part of BSC MEGA Props - RT Vol02.dat so you should only remove the harbourprops and beveragetrucks when you have these two megapacks installed.

How to know where to find such a pack? Well most Mega packs offer cleanitol files or read me's with documentation wich files to replace. When you look at the files you mentioned above you can see who the author of these files are (CAL and RT, it's in the file-name) so it isn't that hard to find the megapack that replaced these files.

If you have these 2 megapacks installed, the pepsi plant and cal's harbour will work fine without the harbourprops and beveragetrucks files and these old propfiles should then be removed (they could corrupt your game). If you don't have these 2 megapacks installed, leave the harbourprops and beveragetrucks just where they are.

In the end Cleanitol will tell you what Megapacks are missing and provides the link where you can download the megapacks from. Installing them will not take as much time as you feared, trust me...as long as you read the read-me files that are included with each download almost nothing can go wrong.

The master dependency list is pretty massive already but you are right, it isn't 100% complete. That would be hard if you consider that hundreds (if not thousands) of dependency packs have been released over the years on various SC fan sites. I think the dependency list we have now is very usefull, but if you find files that aren't on the list..it's good to let the author know (as you did with your post).

Please take your time reading the read-me's and cleanitol files and you will slowly see the light in the big forest of dependencies :)

I hope this will help you some.

The complete history of Evergem ->My Mayor Diary <-
Come and visit Paroch Plein!

Diggis

The list should contain every prop and texture pack released as a seperate download.  It hasn't been updated for a few months so recent stuff isn't on there but everything older than that should be.

If a dependency is another lot then it will not be in the list, as it's not a prop pack.  Any file can be linked to as a dependency, and it would be impractical to try do a list for that.

If you download the file version of this (available at STEX and PEGs) it has an additional column telling you what MEGA pack replaced the file.

SC4BOY

Quote from: capo on November 19, 2007, 02:32:40 AM
@SC4Boy: What cleanitol does is search for old files that are replaced by mega packs. So you should only use the backup function when you know that you have the megapacks installed.

The two examples you gave:
CAL_Harbourprops.dat
BSCBATProps RT Beverage Trucks Vol01.dat

Cals' harbourprops are indeed part of CAL's Megapack, the RT Beverage Trucks are part of BSC MEGA Props - RT Vol02.dat so you should only remove the harbourprops and beveragetrucks when you have these two megapacks installed.

Thanks for your notes. I THINK I am catching on.. the list still is hard to negotiate for the large number of files. I realize this is a very large task to attack.

Quote from: Diggis on November 19, 2007, 03:08:03 AM
The list should contain every prop and texture pack released as a seperate download.  It hasn't been updated for a few months so recent stuff isn't on there but everything older than that should be.

If a dependency is another lot then it will not be in the list, as it's not a prop pack.  Any file can be linked to as a dependency, and it would be impractical to try do a list for that.

Yes I see that..and I appreciate your work.. Is my thinking that a master list with every file could be done though just with a re-directed batch file? hehe.. all you need is a trouble-maker, huh?

Quote[continued..] If you download the file version of this (available at STEX and PEGs) it has an additional column telling you what MEGA pack replaced the file.

Thanks for that added information!!

I might make a note though.. I just now used the master dependency list page to find BSC MEGA Props RT Vol 02 per your note above.. :)

The link LEX simply reloads the master list page.. so the link seems to be broken on that file..

edit hmmm.. I also just did a "power search" on [BSC and PROPS] and on just [BSC] and find no link to the BSC MEGA Props RT Vol 02 anywhere. and RT is not available as an "author"

xxdita

Diggis

Quote from: SC4BOY on November 19, 2007, 04:26:56 AM
Yes I see that..and I appreciate your work.. Is my thinking that a master list with every file could be done though just with a re-directed batch file? hehe.. all you need is a trouble-maker, huh?

I'm not sure what you are after here.  If you are after a list of all the files that have been released with links to the latest version then thats what the dependency list should provide.  The downloadable version has an extra column telling you what package has replaced it.  All links should be to the latest version as of June.

if you are after a list of all possibly dependencies with links, given the sheer volume of files released and the fact that ANY file can be a dependency, then no it is not really possible.

SC4BOY

Quote from: xxdita on November 19, 2007, 04:58:54 AM
RT = ripptide. And I believe this is what you're looking for:
http://www.sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=228

Yes I had found the lot. I was just reporting that the link did not work. Thanks I have it installed now.. :) The link on the dependency page is still broken..

Quote from: Diggis on November 19, 2007, 06:07:24 AM
I'm not sure what you are after here.  If you are after a list of all the files that have been released with links to the latest version then thats what the dependency list should provide.  The downloadable version has an extra column telling you what package has replaced it.  All links should be to the latest version as of June.

if you are after a list of all possibly dependencies with links, given the sheer volume of files released and the fact that ANY file can be a dependency, then no it is not really possible.

Sorry I was not very clear. Well sort of half and half.. :) What I'd like is a simple text file that has all files in it. When you do a search on the file it will be listed under a heading... That heading would then be looked up on the dependency list and I could find what megapack link there.. This would not need ANY active liinking of any sort.. just a file to do a CNTRL-F (find) search on.  Something like this:

XYZ_BATPROP_VOL01
abc.dat
def.dat
ghi.dat
lmn.model
... etc
XYZ_BATPROP_VOL02
... etc with the contents of this file

At most this would only need to be a 2D file.. no more orders of orthogonality.. (containerfile)x(itemfile)

If I had a authors dl and did a dependency search on and it said I needed ghi.dat, I would do a search on this big file above (it would not be printed out.. just the find so little bandwidth would be required) and I could see that I needed to get XYZ_BATPROP_VOL01. I would go to your great list, look up XYZ_BATPROP_VOL02 and find a link to the file that had ultimately the ghi.dat in it. If it turned out that that first find was not on the list, I would do a find on THAT file and would quickly narrow to a file that WOULD BE on the dependencies list.

An example is the FUKUDA HARBOR PACK where I need jeronij Muelle 1X V4 LISO CARGA-0x6534284a-0x0f55ca9c-0xd0af45d5.SC4Desc. I have not been able to find that file even though I have been asking patiently over a considerable time. I know I can edit the file and change that dependency, but at the time there were 7 dependencies that I could not find. .I stumbled on the other 6 sort of hit or miss.. Now that one is the only one I'm missing, but you see what I mean?.. This particular item is not the point here, just to say this would be the kind of thing that I would envision that I could find on this master list.

With repect to "all files by all people" I would only expect to find this data on the sort of quality file I might find on SC4D.. Of course sometime it would come up empty.. Well you can't have everything.. But I bet over a year's time or so that this file would become very good.

Diggis

Right, got you.  That is still a very big ask.

The problem you are encountering is because of readme's without enough information.  That file is the file name, not the download name.  Most creators here will provide a readme with links, and with the name of the download, not the file.

If you need a specific download you should be able to go to the list, find the file you think you need and the link will take you to latest version.

SimZYi

Find 2 mistakes:
1, Props RT WFK Vol01 link to BSC MEGA swi21 Vol01.zip
2, Props RT WFK Vol02 link to Props RT WFK Vol01

SC4BOY

Well its me again..  :D .. This time I have a file called SNMP Rescue Station which I think is by ripptide. It links (in its doc's) to a broken link over at ST. (I got the station from here on SC4D.. http://www.sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=270 In the doc's it is called

"PEG_ Offset-Peeps_PROP".
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: FOUND: here http://simpeg.com/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item59 Notice that it is a prop set within another file.. but it is there.. :) It probably would be a good idea to list the file PEG-CDK Prop Pack Volume 1 onto the dependency list for the lot SNMP Rescue Station
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have no idea if that is the correct title for the dependency, but I don't find it anywhere.
The doc's link to a file on ST that is a hospital, so it looks like a broken link there.
On Pegsim it is referred to in a message that says it is in the SNM section of the PLEX, but I don't even find a section by that name.

If anyone has any idea about where I might find this, I'd appreciate it. If it is in a dependency pack, I cannot find reference to it and it doesn't seem to be on the dependency list (if the name is right)

Thanks for any help.

More trouble. I have dl'd the marrast rail stations. They list the following dependencies both in the dl and in the docs. No link is provided at all. [edit: Found links on another Marrast file, but they didn't work.. ]

Marrast MEGA Pack vol01  FOUND: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1177

Marrast MEGA Pack vol02  FOUND: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1191

I don't find them listed, nor is Marrast searchable on the LEX. I'm surprised as I thought marrast was a much respected and longtime, longstanding SC4 celebrity.. :)

edit: Located em by extracting some links which did not work and screwing around with it till I located the right file. Why can't these be found on the dependency list? or by a search? And why didn't the links from the documentation work? It was downloaded on this SC4D site.

Thanks for help on these..