• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

I want to find and kill this factory in my game

Started by ramseyazad, October 02, 2009, 07:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramseyazad

I don't know where I ended up with this neat-looking i-m building but it grows like crazy as soon as I start a new city and has an unbalanced 4000 jobs.  I thought I succeeded in tracking it down and deleting it, but it came back, and I was too dense to note the file name or refrain from emptying the recycle bin.  Only now, when it is queried, it has no name, so I am at a loss to find where it is in my giant overcrowded plugins list.  I know I could gradually narrow it down by taking out half and half again of the plugins, but I thought I would see if anyone recognizes it or knows what files I need to track down and delete to get rid of it.   Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

j-dub

Do you happen to have the SimCity Cleanitol program? I have noticed stuff I thought I got rid of, somehow come back in game with that, because it backs stuff up as dependencies, and I am also going to ask if you have Windows Vista, because in my case, it has the habit of hiding stuff in compatibility files, which you can not see in the regular folder the stuff was originally in. My guess is, the model file and descriptor file from that building is still on you hard drive, even if the lot is not.

catty

See the LEX for BriPizza's Kougyouteki

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1573

its been fixed by xxdita so it doesn't grow as much and is better balanced  :)
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

ramseyazad

Thanks!  I was able to track it down because of your excellent help.

xxdita

In the Kougyouteki, I also included a Cleanitol to help remove the original lots. But my essentials file has now been included in BSC Essentials