• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow Assassin

QuoteWhy would Tarkus release it anytime soon? Spore comes out this weekend, and I',m sure thats gonna be more important then release v21

... and Spore came out here in Australia earlier this week. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Tarkus

Quote from: Kitsune on September 05, 2008, 08:18:16 PM
Why would Tarkus release it anytime soon? Spore comes out this weekend, and I',m sure thats gonna be more important then release v21  :P

Well, I'm not planning on getting Spore, so I'll be modding some more. ;D   But I guess it'll keep everyone occupied while I finish up v21.

A couple new little development screenies.

Notice the tile of MIS on either side of those intersections there.  That's not a straight orthogonal piece--it's the bottom part of an Orthogonal-Diagonal transition.  So you will no longer need to have a perfectly orthogonal tile before intersections on the MIS.

And yes, that is a traffic signal there in the second pic.  Got bored and decided to T21 it on one day. ::)  It's all green since I haven't put StopPaths in yet, and even if I do, I'm not sure it will work due to the way the RHW network handles StopPaths.  So it may just be eyecandy.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Andreas

Quote from: Tarkus on September 05, 2008, 11:26:30 PM
And yes, that is a traffic signal there in the second pic.  Got bored and decided to T21 it on one day. ::)  It's all green since I haven't put StopPaths in yet, and even if I do, I'm not sure it will work due to the way the RHW network handles StopPaths.  So it may just be eyecandy.

Sweet! One minor thing, though, you used the traffic signal for an avenue, but I don't see any dual lanes here. ;)
Andreas

JoeST

dang....

*cough*25th December*cough*

and yea, wowowowowowow, thats just amazing, those overpasses *drooooool* and that curve, nomnomnomnom

Joe

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Shadow Assassin

New Horizons Productions

Tarkus

Quote from: Andreas on September 05, 2008, 11:51:44 PM
One minor thing, though, you used the traffic signal for an avenue, but I don't see any dual lanes here. ;)

It's a Western US thing.  We tend to have at least two signals at almost every intersection no matter what.  It can be changed, though.

And Joe, we'll see. ;)

-Alex

MandelSoft

Great things have happened yesterday: El-MIS (Some pieces still need supports), tight MIS intersections, T21's and some texture re-vising! Good job!
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

CasperVg

Good thing you aren't getting Spore, we want more teasing! The Euro-Gentle Curves look awesome as well.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

JoeST

Alex: LOL that would be a very nice Christmas day :)

and yeah, WE WANT TEASERS, WE WANT TEASERS!!!

...*chants*
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

MandelSoft

Quote from: caspervg on September 06, 2008, 05:33:10 AM
Good thing you aren't getting Spore, we want more teasing! The Euro-Gentle Curves look awesome as well.

I can't run Spore on my computer yet (videocard is not compatible) so I have to stick on SC4  $%Grinno$%

metarvo

Quote from: Tarkus on September 05, 2008, 11:26:30 PM

-Alex (Tarkus)

Even if it is only eyecandy, it still looks great to have a signalized Road x MIS intersection, Alex.  In fact, its (current) non-functionality is somewhat realistic.  Since when do all RL drivers obey the traffic lights?
As for the light being green on all three sides... I have seen traffic lights malfunction before.  Even if the cars don't respond to the lights, it would be nice if they at least change colors, but I don't know if that
is possible.  Either way, you are doing a good job as always, Alex.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

SimsReporter

i really like what you're doing with the RHW, and nice update with the MIS intersection.  :thumbsup: and the textures now that i look at them aren't that bad, there actually pretty realistic.
Come visit My (SLR) Project Thread. Located in the Nam Creations Forum.

Shadow Assassin

Got mah dirty mitts on the RHW-6C... however it seems the paths that Alex have done have a rather amusing side effect... drivers drive as if they're drunk. :P

(Oh, and I may have to readjust all the paths so it fits with the narrower lane widths of the Euro RHW - I'm keeping the old dimensions, makes it easier to do the textures, y'see)
New Horizons Productions

deathtopumpkins

I have to say that having a signal on MIS intersections could be cool, but it looking like that should definately be an option!

First of all, I can't, off the top of my head, think of a single intersection with a one-lane highway offramp around here that has a signal. Much less one with two lights. That just doesn't make sense to me, because since the ramp is a lower priority road, usually it just has a stop sign, and always if it has a light there are at least two lanes, one for left turns and one for right. I think it would make a whole lot more sense to t21 a stop sign there and a stoplight at RHW4/Road intersections, instead of the other way around!

Just my 2 cents.

It will, however, be nice not to have to have a fully orthagonal tile on each side though.

SA's last pic's got me wondering... Will cars really drive like that?
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Haljackey

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on September 06, 2008, 07:58:54 AM
I have to say that having a signal on MIS intersections could be cool, but it looking like that should definately be an option!

First of all, I can't, off the top of my head, think of a single intersection with a one-lane highway offramp around here that has a signal.

I agree.  If I want a traffic light, I simply convert the MIS ramp to a one-way road a few tiles before the intersection.  It looks fine because its two lanes opposed to one. 
-Right now there is no MIS-OWR transition, so it looks a little tacky, but once a transition is made, it will look flawless! 

Nice work on the lane shifts SA!  Looking better than ever!

It looks like the RHW-6C has some pathing issues?  Or are all the drivers there drunk?   %%Order?/

Best,
-Haljackey

sim-al2

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on September 06, 2008, 07:09:40 AM

And I thought the drivers around here were bad. I agree with Haljackey and DTP about the MIS ramps. A stop sign would probably be best.

You know what's really funny? I used the spell checker and it wanted to change Haljacky to hijacker$%#Ninj2  :P

So about those paths, are they to allow proper lane switching? (unlike a certain default highway) I really hope they don't go through the median too.  ::)
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

Shadow Assassin

QuoteSo about those paths, are they to allow proper lane switching? (unlike a certain default highway) I really hope they don't go through the median too.

Apparently they are, but it's just strange seeing all those cars weaving like crazy. :P
New Horizons Productions

MandelSoft

LOL! You should post that pic in "show us your game oddities!"

Idea: laneshifts only a transitions and ramps. Thats a way to prevent this while keeping the capacity higher than the RHW-4

Anyways, nice textures!

BourneID

Whats wrong with how their driving.... looks safe to me...    ;D

Smile Y'all

metasmurf

I really like the median SA. Good thing you added it, otherwise they prolly would go all over the place  :D