• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeST

Nice avatar. and also May 25th is fitting being Nerd Pride day LOL

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

wes.janson

Quote from: JoeST on December 09, 2008, 10:42:35 PM

Joe

You beat me to the punch on that one.

Being part of the strange sub-species of Star Wars nerds; it is imperative that we celebrate that day.

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

MandelSoft

Maybe you should release it on Towel Day (for the fans of the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)!  ;D
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

nerdly_dood

Quote from: JoeST on December 09, 2008, 10:42:35 PM
A holiday for nerds?! Wow.. I guess you can say I would be awaiting May 25 almost as much as RHW day ;D - but not quite as much.
Check my username if you didn't understand that.

Quote from: mrtnrln on December 10, 2008, 05:18:10 AM
Maybe you should release it on Towel Day (for the fans of the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)!  ;D

I have read  The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and found it to be a very entertaining read, but ... &Thk/( ... I don't remember Towel Day.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

wes.janson

Quote from: nerdly_dood on December 10, 2008, 01:13:28 PM
I have read  The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and found it to be a very entertaining read, but ... &Thk/( ... I don't remember Towel Day.

It is May 25th as well. Though, after reading the HHGTTG, one knows to always carry a towel. Therefore, theorhetically, every day should be Towel Day.

To be honest, I don't want to wait until May for v3.0.

Appease me now!   ;)

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

kj3400

Well, if theoretically Towel Day is everyday, then we should be pretty sure he wil release it on Towel Day.  :P
I know, lame, right?
I think I've been here long enough, call me Kenneth/Kenny.
Visit

The Commonwealth of Paradise at ST

The Commonwealth of Paradise at SC4 Wiki

sithlrd98

That was as bad as mine: :D
Quote from: sithlrd98 on December 09, 2008, 08:12:24 PM
Ya know , I bet the RHW day is gonna be on a day that ends with Y. Ok , that was pathetic but I just thought I'd put it out there. Whatever the day , thanks in advance for some awesome work to all involved!
Jayson

Jayson

Pat

Ive said it before and I will say it again, I cant wait for RHW to be released as it will be like christmas morning and opening a gift up and playing with it alll day loooooong!!! Keep up the good work NAM Team!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

metarvo

This may be unimportant, since the poll that appeared here earlier has dissolved, but I can tell you that my prediction of the RHW's release time was wrong.  I have a new prediction now: 

RHW Day will be in the future.  :)

When I saw your new avatar, Alex, I honestly wondered if it had something to do with the RHW.  You know, I do try to keep an eye out for every change in this thread, after all...  ;)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

the7train

Question about transitions: Will the only RHW to Maxis HW Transition be the current RHW 4 to Maxis HW?  Or will new RHWs be able to transition to Maxis HW too?

Thanks!

MandelSoft

Well, there are no pieces for the other RHW transitions yet. And maybe for some RHW setups there won't be one. I requested the RHW6S->Maxis Highway transition a few times.

By the way, about the predictions:
The RHW 3.0 will not come out today...
And not tomorrow...
But certainly before 2371.  ;D

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Patricius Maximus

Predictions for RHW Day:

December 21 (Winter Solstice)
December 24 (a day early)
December 26 (after everyone's dissapointed)
The first anniversary of RHW 2.0

Of course, I know that any predictions are a self-preventing prophecy, so maybe it will be released on Christmas as part of the self-preventing prophecy, because everyone thought a prediction for Christmas was a self-preventing prophecy, so they changed it, and those dates became one (I think  &Thk/()

- Patricius Maximus

Kitsune

Well, I leave for Barbados on Monday - so atleast the new RHW 3.0 will be played on my super fast simulator friendly new computer.... :)
~ NAM Team Member

pagenotfound

Quote from: Patricius Maximus on December 12, 2008, 11:17:44 AM
Predictions for RHW Day:

Of course, I know that any predictions are a self-preventing prophecy, so maybe it will be released on Christmas as part of the self-preventing prophecy, because everyone thought a prediction for Christmas was a self-preventing prophecy, so they changed it, and those dates became one (I think  &Thk/()

In that case lets say it comes next month  :P
Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

j-dub

To me, it seems everything in the new RHW seems to be Functioning in top shape. More stuff could be getting done though. The original date Tarkus planned didn't have the additional stuff Swampper added in yet. Aside from the original release being halted because more cement walls were added in after, and another El-RHW on/off ramp piece that wasn't in there originally. The date in the future was so everything could be packed into here as much as possible, so all the necessary components for 3.0 were ready. I am glad that I can build a 6 lane 3 tile RHW to the borders, and have cars actually take it out for a change without converting to a road or avenue (via looping under the arrows).

Swamper77

Just for your information, I only added a 4 median props, 2 support props, and a few T21s. The rest of my work is simply replacement models and 2 replacement textures for the work that Alex did to get basic functionality. Alex is the one that was adding new pieces to RHW, not me.

I could have had the models done sooner, but I have a life of my own outside of the game. It wouldn't to anyone any good if I didn't pay my bills to keep my apartment and its services going. I also have various projects going all at once and I get bored if I constantly work on any project for an extended period of time.

-Jan
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

j-dub

Of course hes the one adding new pieces, and we Don't want to demand anyone to sacrifice their lives, or rush anything to the market like EA or Maxis did. Thanks for adding the cosmetic features by the way.  :thumbsup:
Futhering what Swampper said, please take that into consideration when getting ants in the pants when it comes to release dates.

HelloImJohn

I think the RHW is coming in  30 December - 10 January..., but that's just me.
Disclaimer:
I DO NOT claim to know something about the release date of the RHW, they belong to the RHW Team.

Patricius Maximus

QuoteOf course, I know that any predictions are a self-preventing prophecy, so maybe it will be released on Christmas as part of the self-preventing prophecy, because everyone thought a prediction for Christmas was a self-preventing prophecy, so they changed it, and those dates became one (I think   &Thk/()

In that case lets say it comes next month  :P

Yes, let's say that. Perhaps then it'll be released in December (or January, the attempt to elude a self-preventing prophecy could turn out to be self-fulfilling). That's confusing me.

Haljackey

lol why so much release date talk?  It's coming "sooner than you think".  Keep this in mind.   ;)

There have been major improvements to the private alpha builds we are working on.  Most of the content has been added as well.  However a few bugs are still being reported and bug squashing has been the primary focus behind the scenes.

Trust me when I say this, It's coming soon.

Best,
-Haljackey