• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bendy

tarkus: Will this patch fix RHW 4 to 10 as well? I didn't test them all but I think they suffer from the same problem.

mightgoose: thanks for that :) was testing my fancy new interchange and couldn't for the life of me get traffic to use it. all should be good now and I can finally get on with actually building a town ;D i spend far too long on infrastructure  :)

Tarkus

Quote from: bendy on March 15, 2009, 06:25:33 PM
tarkus: Will this patch fix RHW 4 to 10 as well? I didn't test them all but I think they suffer from the same problem.

Just tested EMIS-over-RHW-4, and it worked fine--same with ERHW-4-over-RHW-2 and ERHW-4-over-MIS.  The Elevated networks can't go over anything wider than the RHW-4 right now, as there's no RULs or Models in place yet.

-Alex

bendy

Hi Alex,

I don't think the LHD version is quite there yet unfortunately, at least for RHW2. Just tried it out, and it definately changed how things worked but not for the better. Looks like the LHD version actually has RHD directions going by drawpaths:

Before applying 3.21 patch:

After applying 3.21 patch:

I tried redrawing both the RHW and MIS overpass after putting it down but it didn't help. I've also tried the first LHD patch you posted and get the same results. And drawing the MIS so cars travel south rather than north is no different. I haven't tested the RHD version.

EMIS over RHW4 works fine though.

thanks!

bendy

choco

8.5 hours to export this thing (just the pillar piece)....geesh....

off to finish the modding..... ;D

allan_kuan1992

oh no $%Grinno$%

a bugfix doesn't fix... hmm...

- Allan Kuan

Kitsune

Quote from: choco on March 16, 2009, 08:48:59 AM
8.5 hours to export this thing (just the pillar piece)....geesh....

off to finish the modding..... ;D

The fabled 6s bridge, awesome. Hopefully when its release a 6c to 6s piece is also around to use...
~ NAM Team Member

choco

Kitsune

~ NAM Team Member

Ryan B.

Holy signature bridge, Batman!   &apls  Nice work, choco!

Blue Lightning

Oh geeze, choco, that is an awesome bridge! And I like the style. ;) Anyway, I need to cross a river with a RHW-10 anyway, so this is perfect! I must say it is no fun trying to squeeze 4 RHW-4 bridges in a tight urban space :P

Keep up the good work!
Vince
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

remanh

Bendy:  It looks fine to me, the yellow line is still on the right side of the driver.  You must have just accidentally flipped the EMIS.

bendy

Remanh: Yes, but if you look at the paths on the RHW2 passing underneath the MIS they are pointing in the opposite directions to the paths on the normal RHW2. There is no problem with the pathing on the MIS, it is the RHW2 that has an issue.

Tarkus

bendy, it's basically looking like it's got the RHD path on there.  It's been awhile since I've messed around with LHD Paths (I haven't touched them in over a year), and I had forgotten that they'll auto-reverse on the RHW-2 end there.

Try the attached file below and see if this works for you.  My apologies for the inconvenience. :-[ 

-Alex

bendy

alex:  :thumbsup: 3.22 works a treat! thanks heaps for your work.

One other minor thing which isn't really important. The blue paths are for pedestrian aren't they? So I guess no one can walk under the overpasses? Fair enough too, underneath bridges are dangerous places :)

Now I can stop playing with infrastructure and start playing the game! Unless someone can tell me how to make a tree controller mod.... Still hankering for a Eucalyptus god mode tree mod and am tempted just to do it myself...

debutterfly

I'm having a problem with the RHW-4 Bridges.  :thumbsdown: There is a problem with the textures in such the following occurs:
-- Bridge
> texture flow
>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>
       ------------------------------

Hope this helps.   ::) I have Patch 3.21 installed plus all of the other NAM components updated.  ;)

Larry (debutterfly)

P.S. Sorry for no picture, I'm in school right now.  :(

Ryan B.

Larry, that could be because you dragged both bridges in the same direction, and then connected the different directions.  The top one's OK because it's all going the same direction, but the bottom's on the fritz because you dragged it in the opposite direction you wanted those lanes to go.

It works the same way for one-way road tunnels, I think.

debutterfly

I actually did try both directions for the same bridge(bottom bridge): one with the flow... Bulldozed...and one against the flow. Same result as above. The bridge with the correct texture could be drawn both directions resulting in the correct texture(top bridge). Hope this info helps.

Larry (debutterfly)

choco

()what()

perhaps im not understanding correctly.....i believe the textures are added directly to the bridge models, thus they will always display the same direction relative to the paths (and direction the bridge is being drawn).  so if drawing a RHW4 bridge in both directions over water results in the paths in the same direction, then there is a conflicting file somewhere that we'd like to know about.  something doesn't sound right, though.....

an old LHD path file.....old RHW mod.....not sure, but the bridges do work correctly.  :)  they're fundamentally the same as the OWR bridges....

debutterfly

carkid1998

Is there a fix for the MIS intersecting with road with euro textures?
Sendona... Coming soon!