• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

girlfromverona

I'm liking the look of those turning lanes, Alex!  ;D

tahill79

Choco,
the bridge looks awesome and will be a great addition to the RHW.  thanx.  this will help me to use the 10 a lot more.

Alex
the turning lanes are amazing!!  they look really really good.  thanx again.

tuxcore

hello friends, i have a problem with RHW and rail... so i need a solucion for diagonal RHW over Rail.... any idea?

Saludos from Chile!

Blue Lightning

tuxcore: That cannot be done until the next version
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

tuxcore

a pity ... I would like someone can create a patch for these minimal problems

carkid1998

for RHW 4 you can use rail over diagonal one way road and RHW 6 rail over dual diagonal one way road
Sendona... Coming soon!

just_a_guy

Those turning lanes look great and will add even more realism to rhw-2.

But isn't it common to see the part where the double yellow lines begin to separate with crosshatching? At least in the US it is.

looking forward for more
Come and check out my BATting works at:

Just_a_Guy's attempts at BATing

Tarkus

Quote from: just_a_guy on March 22, 2009, 07:31:17 AM
But isn't it common to see the part where the double yellow lines begin to separate with crosshatching? At least in the US it is.

It really depends on the state.  I tend to base my markings on Oregon and Washington, which generally don't use the crosshatching.  From what I know, it's also generally not used all up and down the West Coast.

-Alex

nerdly_dood

Crosshatching is common in Virginia but it's not necessarily a rule. I have some ideas in mind that I could use to create a mod to turn the RHW textures into a more Eastern style with crosshatching, and in the RHW-2 x2/RHW-8 merge piece and others where the edge lines curve together I could make them more pointy like in Virginia. Also, in the RHW-2 pieces with the double yellow line rather than the dashed line, the lines are farther apart than they are in VA - their width is the same as their distance apart, and although on the dashed-line sections the dashes have a similar length and gap length, they just look too far apart in-game so I might embark on a more ambitious project to shorten the gaps.

Those are just some ideas, but due to certain projects I'm working on now [see the link in my signature] I have other priorities right now so I'll have to delay any road texture projects. (And I have quite a few in mind.)
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

LE0

If the RHW-2 turning lanes are draggable, will there also still be the option for no turn lanes? I dont get it ???
Leoland coming Spring 2009

nerdly_dood

It's not going to be an all-or-nothing setup like with the old road turning lanes plugin. There'll be some sort of trick involving multiple networks to get the turning lanes where you want them, or at least i think that's how they'll be used.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

LE0

Then how does it work?
Quote from: nerdly_dood on March 22, 2009, 10:35:27 AM
It's not going to be an all-or-nothing setup like with the old road turning lanes plugin. There'll be some sort of trick involving multiple networks to get the turning lanes where you want them, or at least i think that's how they'll be used.

Can Tarkus or someone explain please how this would work?

Also the RHW2 curve pics a few pages back, how is there the 3 different road markings?
This is all awesome :thumbsup:

Blue Lightning

LE0: All I have to say is intersection ordering RUL and being very clever :P
Unless Alex gives me permission, I can't say much else.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Blue Lightning

Well, actually, its both, silly me  $%Grinno$%
IO RUL is the part that initiates it (via dragging a certain network ;) ), and then using Overrides to continue it along the length of it.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

LE0

just_a_guy

Quote from: Tarkus on March 22, 2009, 08:05:44 AM

Quote from: just_a_guy on March 22, 2009, 07:31:17 AM
It really depends on the state.  I tend to base my markings on Oregon and Washington, which generally don't use the crosshatching.  From what I know, it's also generally not used all up and down the West Coast.

-Alex
hmm... and I thought California was the only state that hardly used crosshatching. The place where there's a lot of it is in east coast though, total opposite to the west.
Oh well, it doesn't really matter though, it still looks good!
Come and check out my BATting works at:

Just_a_Guy's attempts at BATing

shanghai kid

:shocked2: wow, this i've wished for in the game for a long time  &apls &apls
This will be a great addition to the game.
(i've been lurking for a long time but now i had to speak :thumbsup:)
Shanghai kid from Norway
"The lurking devil"
(Bam Bam Bigelow & Eddie Guerrero R.I.P).

JoeST

is that a section of doubleMIS going up to the turnlanes? or is it all turn-lane?

it looks awesome, whatever it is :)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms