• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeST

I'm totally going to have to find someway of installing SC4 again :D

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Ciuu96

Quote from: Blue Lightning on May 16, 2010, 11:11:16 AM
I think some of you will be happy....

[image]

;)

Nice! I was just thinking why my FlexFly S-curves did not work properly, when i realised that. Waiting for 4.1

(im using euro-version of textures, so i couldnt see the yellow line)
Has it really been almost 2 years?
Must return. :)

Tarkus

The files on the LEX have now been updated to Version 4.04, merging in the fixes from the Version 4.03 patch, plus a few more that had been reported since then.  I've also updated the patch itself to Version 4.04 for existing 4.0 users--again, it's cumulative like the previous ones.  Please note that if you downloaded the RHW on May 16, 2010 or later, you do not need the patch, as you have all the files already.

Quote from: Korot on May 16, 2010, 12:04:39 PM
While we're busy requesting things: When will El-RHW2 come out? Ergo: for which version are they planned? And also a intersection between C and D, one that leaves a one tile gap between the RHW-4 and MIS lane. C gives you no gap, while D requires a minimal two tile gap. Ergo: I'm requesting a C-wide.
And the ability for all EL-networks to overpass something wider than an RHW-4.Goes off to NWM thread to make requests.

ERHW-2 will likely be in one of the early 4.x releases--I'd hazard to guess 4.2, though there's a possibility it'll be in 4.1.  That's an interesting idea on the C-Wide as well--I hadn't thought of it, and it sounds like it could be useful, so I'll put it in the queue for an early 4.x. 

The ability to have the ERHW-4 and EMIS cross the wider networks is absolutely confirmed for Version 4.1.  The RULs are already in place now, in fact:

In case anyone's wondering what the interim long-term plan is:

• Early 4.x series releases - mostly new ramp interfaces, transitions, curves/fractional angles and cosmetic pieces, improved stability of existing features, new DRIs, possible addition of ERHW-2 and RHW-3.  First TuLEPs likely to appear.
  • Mid 4.x series releases - conversion of SPUIs to WAVERide system, expansion of FLEXFly, likely more ramp interfaces/DRIs, curves, etc. (as they're an ongoing thing)
  • Late 4.x series releases - incorporation of Wider ERHWs
  • 5.0 - incorporation of Multi-Height ERHWs/EMIS, fully-modular stack interchange functionality possible.  (Initial groundwork may be integrated by 4.8 or 4.9.)
It goes without saying that there are no dates attached to these bullet points, and they are, of course, subject to change. 

-Alex

TJ1

Cool plain Alex :thumbsup: And what is WAVERide  ()what()

schm0

Quote from: Tarkus on May 15, 2010, 05:48:13 PM
schm0, are you by chance using Software Rendering?

-Alex

I am launching with the shortcut addition "d:directx" along with some resolution and intro settings, but using hardware rendering in game:

It happens on both hover and placement. I can actually reproduce this issue rather quickly, now that I know specifically how to cause it.

schm0

the7train

Quote from: Blue Lightning on May 14, 2010, 01:35:47 PM
You draw it out by drawing 3 parallel curves.
Thanks Blue Lightning...didn't realize this was possible!

fafalone

If you place two FLEXfly pieces with 1 or 2 (and I didn't test 3) tiles between them, in a position that's basically mirrored, like:

_|  |_

going over a RHW4,
the highway in between those pieces reverts to RHW2 with no possible way to convert it back to RHW4 or anything else. Is this a bug or a design limitation?

swamp_ig

Blue Lightning

Currently, its a RUL limit. However I'm in process of rewriting the RULs (a: more stable. b: easier for me (and others) to read and debug) You can expect more stability in the future. Also, a tip, if you place a starter stub on the tiles where the FLEXFly crosses over, this can help with conversion, though some clicking around may be required.

EDIT: swamp_ig, are you referring to FLEXFly over RHW-8S and 10S? Currently the widest network FLEXFly will take is RHW-8C (so, 8C, 6C, 6S, 4, MIS, 2)
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

metarvo

I am experiencing a graphical glitch with the EL-RHW.

The sections circled in red indicate strange textures that display with the curved EL-RHW.  As evidenced by the normally textured curve near the bottom of the pic, this glitch doesn't seem to affect every curve, only certain ones.

The section circled in blue appears to be an incorrectly rotated overpass structure of some kind.  Are these done by T21s, or are they part of the base model?

The problem existed when I first downloaded RHW 4.0, and it has continued even after the application of the 4.04 patch.  Has anyone else experienced this, or is it just me?  It doesn't appear to affect functionality, at least.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Blue Lightning

The incorrectly rotated model is due to having my ERHW-4 Cosmetic Mod, which as you can see is only partially compatible with RHW v4.0.

As for the ERHW-4 curve, I've never gotten that.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

jdenm8

I have that texture problem too...

I've also found that some selective clicking will fix the prop issue.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Tarkus

I just checked here on my end with a clean install and did not run into that particular texture issue--tried about every combination I could find.  You likely have some sort of conflicting file somewhere if you're running into it.

-Alex

fafalone

I'm also using the ERHW-4 Cosmetic Mod. There's no prop or texture issue at all; everything works perfectly. You have to be absolutely sure you've removed all the old files; check if something made it into a folder besides the main NAM folder (which for best results needs to be entirely deleted and everything installed fresh).

theBrick

Hi there,
I downloaded the new RHW a few days ago and while trying them out today I noticed how the standard draggable network does not have any monthly costs defined.
Well, I personally would really like to have them cost something so that they could better blend into the game mechanics and not feel like a cheat to use.
Is there an easy way to add such costs (back) in, maybe by using the iLive Reader? I would be happy I someone could point me in the right direction.

Is this even intended to be this way? I'm asking because I noticed how the puzzle pieces do add costs and the "Traffic Simulator Config Tool" in the latest NAM has a tab for editing the RHW costs (that doesn't do anything).
Anyway, sorry if this has been explained before but this thread is immense and I couldn't find any note about monthly costs in the documentation of the mod.

In the end I would like to thank the RHW team and everyone else in the modding community for keeping SC4 alive and flourishing through all the years!

tB

MandelSoft

Well, originally it was intended to have no costs. The official name of this network is DirtRoad, but we use it as a highway network (dirt roads are now in the SAM). With the new Traffic Simulator Config Tool users can adjust the costs to prefered values. The RHW has with the new Traffic Simulator standard costs of $0.35 per tile, about 70% of the costs of a MHW (Maxis HighWay).
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

schm0

Quote from: Tarkus on May 17, 2010, 09:30:39 PM
I just checked here on my end with a clean install and did not run into that particular texture issue--tried about every combination I could find.  You likely have some sort of conflicting file somewhere if you're running into it.

-Alex

Is there any way a slope mod, tunnel "fix", or bridge height mod might have something to do with it?

I also noticed that there were slight changes to the local terrain (~1-2m changes, enough to change the texture) when I placed some of these pieces.

I have no idea what is causing it, but it's something in my NAM folder.

I noticed a new version of the NAM (~2MB!) was released since the 10th, so I am downloading that in hopes that it fixes the problem.

Edit: Whatever was updated in the latest NAM seems to have fixed it... so far. I'll be back if anything else pops up.

Edit: Still have the problem. :(
schm0

theBrick

Quote from: mrtnrln on May 18, 2010, 06:41:22 AM
Well, originally it was intended to have no costs. The official name of this network is DirtRoad, but we use it as a highway network (dirt roads are now in the SAM). With the new Traffic Simulator Config Tool users can adjust the costs to prefered values. The RHW has with the new Traffic Simulator standard costs of $0.35 per tile, about 70% of the costs of a MHW (Maxis HighWay).

Yet the TSCT doesn't seem to set the price right.
I backed up my plugin folder and ran a clean install of only NAM (May'10) and RHW (4.04) and started a new blank city to make sure there was no conflict in my plugin files.
The normal draggable network was still free to maintain (plopping it did create costs, however). All the puzzle pieces like transitions etc. seem to properly cause maintenance costs.
I guess it might be a problem with the NAM TSCT if the RHW mod does not touch the monthly cost per tile for the network? Might as well be my fault but I do not see how.
I don't know the inner workings of the two mods, so I cannot know why the simulator doesn't affect the RHW network as it apparently should.

tB

metarvo

Thanks, Blue Lightning.  :thumbsup:  You were right about the problem I was having.  I removed the ERHW-4 15m cosmetic mod and both types of graphic issues were corrected.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.