• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Quote from: jdenm8 on March 09, 2011, 08:57:25 PM
Whether both or either are released in this version is still unknown.

Currently, we're leaning toward releasing it simply for the purposes of making orthogonal-only overpasses with these networks and get some groundwork laid down.  It won't have any diagonals or ramp interfaces, however.

-Alex

strucka

Yes! that is a good idea. You can still make an on slope transition to ground 6S and from that an exit.

Greatly awesome off the hook job! &apls

simcity4ever

Nice new textures!

However, I need to ask you something. Can you select the ground and elevated RHW textures independently? (e.g. standard ground, concrete elevated)()what()

Tarkus

The mod itself will likely only include the standard default asphalt set.  However, my plan is to have a separate concrete pack, which will be modularized such that you can select whether you want all concrete, concrete only on elevated sections or concrete only on ground sections.

-Alex

simcity4ever

Okay, that takes care of concrete. Whet about the DarkAsphalt textures? ()what()

I've seen a prototype earlier in this thread.
Quote from: Tarkus on November 27, 2010, 10:19:12 PM
Tweaked things a little bit on my dark asphalt pavement . . . does this appear to be an improvement? :)

-Alex
I was right. Those textures are what I'll choose but I'm not sure if it will be included in the next release. Nice though! &apls

rhwfanatic221

Quote from: Tarkus on March 14, 2011, 02:49:14 PM
The mod itself will likely only include the standard default asphalt set.  However, my plan is to have a separate concrete pack, which will be modularized such that you can select whether you want all concrete, concrete only on elevated sections or concrete only on ground sections.

-Alex

Great, I'm glad that it is going to be optional since some highways in this area have concrete bridges, and the roadway itself is asphalt. I love all the great new updates I've seen, can't wait for it all :)

Ramona Brie

Quote from: rhwfanatic221 on March 15, 2011, 04:27:06 PM
Great, I'm glad that it is going to be optional since some highways in this area have concrete bridges, and the roadway itself is asphalt. I love all the great new updates I've seen, can't wait for it all :)

Actually, that is very realistic for my area too (Phoenix, Arizona). While most of the freeways have rubberized asphalt, ADOT's favorite thing, some overpasses and alignments are concrete.

BTW, the Clearview signs are growing in number in our state.

drjumbajookiba

Hey For the ERHW Could you Guys Add Concrete Textures :)
Live Out loud For God

Nego

Quote from: drjumbajookiba on March 17, 2011, 02:25:00 PM
Hey For the ERHW Could you Guys Add Concrete Textures :)

Actually, they are already doing that. Example with and without concrete textures:

drjumbajookiba

Live Out loud For God

ivo_su

In my personal observation  I think  a huge  part of the work of RHW 4,2 is done but I may be wrong. So I would be very  happy  if someone  explain  to me where you got in this project  and what you have to do before you release it.

- Ivaylo

metasmurf

A quick question about the elevated rhw6. Is it 1 or 2 tiles wide?

Ramona Brie

The RHW-6S/E is one tile with an overhang.

io_bg

Quote from: metasmurf on March 17, 2011, 04:01:28 PM
Judging from the last pic, it's 1 tile wide (the support pillars slightly overhang on the road next to the RHW).
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Kitsune

That overhang will allow for a double deck setup with the avenue being almost fully covered... nice.
~ NAM Team Member

MandelSoft

Quote from: ivo_su on March 17, 2011, 02:42:32 PM
In my personal observation  I think  a huge  part of the work of RHW 4,2 is done but I may be wrong. So I would be very  happy  if someone  explain  to me where you got in this project  and what you have to do before you release it.

- Ivaylo
Well, here's a sneak peek of the NAM Team's plan of action:
- Add new features (complete, I believe)
- Feature freeze: when initiated, no extra new features will be added and we'll finish the work what's already there to make it ready for a release. In this way we prevent that we add more and more features without finishing them or ever releasing them! This will start soon, or it's already started.
- Testing, testing and testing over and over again! This is a very important proces, since in this period most bugs pop up. Several alpha builds will be tested, each one better, more stable and more bug-free than the previous one.
- If we have a stable and quite bug-free version of all NAM related mods, we make it ready for distribution. This means adding/updating readme's, updating installers and packaging.
- We expect to release a new NAM this Spring, but I can't make any promises. It depends on how quick we can make everything ready and of course our RL situations.

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Tarkus

Quote from: ivo_su on March 17, 2011, 02:42:32 PM

There is a lot done, but there's still a considerable amount to do, too, and its been beset by most of the RHW developers having RL (myself included).  We've not yet hit the "feature freeze" and I don't think we're quite done adding/integrating them, actually.

The default North American texture set is largely done aside from minor tweaks.  There's a little bit of repathing still left to do to match up with the new, smoother alignments of certain pieces, along with giving some newer items correct pathing, plus LHD stuff.  There's a few items that are being developed that also haven't been transferred into the official alpha builds yet.  We're trying to sort through the Bridge side of things, and trying to fill in as many gaps as humanly possible to curb the "why is X included but not Y?" type questions.  There's also a few "top-secret" RHW items that we haven't shown (and won't for still awhile longer) which have also been under relatively heavy development. 

RL's going to be hitting me pretty heavy the rest of spring, too, so the best course of action is to withhold any sort of expectation as to how far along we are, or how soon the release will be.

-Alex

Twinsfan14

Those elevated RHW 6's will come in handy a lot for me. Especially the 6C's.

jdenm8

Quote from: drjumbajookiba on March 17, 2011, 02:31:00 PM
WOW That Was Quick ;D
Actually, they had already been developed for a while. This picture is a better example of the Concrete Bridges Plugin:

Quote from: metasmurf on March 17, 2011, 04:01:28 PM
Like I said earlier, there isn't one ERHW-6, but two. L2 ERHW-6S and L2 ERHW-6C.
In that picture, the Asphalt overpass is L2 ERHW-6S and the concrete ones are L2 ERHW-6C. Both have the same footprint as their ground-level counterparts.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Wiimeiser

Question: When will we be getting the type B RHW-4 to MIS Splitters and Road/One Way Road/Avenue/Rail over Diagonal MIS? I also wonder if that's really a TLA I saw a few pages back...
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...