• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivo_su

Quote from: Tarkus on August 29, 2011, 03:04:44 PM
Actually, textures aren't the problem with MHW transitions--it's the models.  Whole different ballgame.

-Alex

I know that they are the easiest part but I think we should start first with them, right? Then we'll see what happens with the construction of paths and from there will depend on your help. But I'm still before the start. You all know that nothing is impossible and when there is a problem somewhere, there is no way that this problem has no solution. You just have to have someone who wants it hard.

- Ivo

ps2owner

Since DDRHW-4 is a one tile network, they won't have to use neighbor connection pieces, right?
Oh, and Tarkus, I sent you a message about puzzle piece IIDs about half a month ago.
Just so you know.

thornyjohny

Quote from: ivo_su on August 29, 2011, 03:11:49 PM
Quote from: Tarkus on August 29, 2011, 03:04:44 PM
Actually, textures aren't the problem with MHW transitions--it's the models.  Whole different ballgame.

-Alex

I know that they are the easiest part but I think we should start first with them, right? Then we'll see what happens with the construction of paths and from there will depend on your help. But I'm still before the start. You all know that nothing is impossible and when there is a problem somewhere, there is no way that this problem has no solution. You just have to have someone who wants it hard.

- Ivo
I want it hard! The only thing I want harder than this is a 911 Turbo ;D. But I don't know a thing about making stuff for Simcity at all. ()sad()

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: ps2owner on August 29, 2011, 05:40:24 PM
Since DDRHW-4 is a one tile network, they won't have to use neighbor connection pieces, right?

Not only that, it's a two-directional single-tile network (like Rail or RHW-2), so no need for NC pieces for DDRHW-4.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

ps2owner

Oh and just another thing on NC for DDRHW, will the DDRHW-8 need them? It would have paths going in each direction.

Kuewr665

Quote from: ps2owner on August 29, 2011, 07:11:38 PM
Oh and just another thing on NC for DDRHW, will the DDRHW-8 need them? It would have paths going in each direction.

The purpose of neighbor connection pieces is to make sure Sims use the neighbor connections because they can only do so in the same tile. Because both decks use the neighbor connection and they have opposing directions, there is no need for neighbor connection pieces.

ps2owner

Quote from: Kuewr665 on August 29, 2011, 08:15:23 PM
Quote from: ps2owner on August 29, 2011, 07:11:38 PM

The purpose of neighbor connection pieces is to make sure Sims use the neighbor connections because they can only do so in the same tile. Because both decks use the neighbor connection and they have opposing directions, there is no need for neighbor connection pieces.

I know what NC peices do...
What I am asking is if the DDRHW-8 will need them, because it would have paths going in each dirrection per tile.

jondor

It will not need them, precisely because it will have paths going both ways on each tile.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

thornyjohny

So am I right in assuming that avenues and Maxis Highways too have NC Pieces, but they are automatically placed by SimCity?

kassarc16

Quote from: thornyjohny on August 30, 2011, 05:09:50 PM
So am I right in assuming that avenues and Maxis Highways too have NC Pieces, but they are automatically placed by SimCity?

I believe it's because they are base multi-tile networks, and that makes the difference.

GDO29Anagram

The NCs for AVE-4 and MHW are specially coded to work in a two-tile fashion. There's no actual NC piece that's placed.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Tarkus

Quote from: kassarc16 on August 30, 2011, 05:15:48 PM

I believe it's because they are base multi-tile networks, and that makes the difference.

Correct.  It has to do with the 04 median flag in the RULs for those networks and how it is handled at the neighbor connection end in the executable.

-Alex

ps2owner

(Gosh, I'm a RHW regular.)
Anyway, I just saw the SFBT Highway Bridge Construction Set again, and thought about HIGGGGHHHHH ERHW-4. 320 Meters. Cause those lots look awesome, and It would be great to have them functional, Especially with RHW.
Maybe only a few pieces, such as straight, curve, and over street.
Just a little idea. Who knows, If I get into making puzzle pieces, maybe I could make it.

jdenm8

No.

320m is plain obscene, the lots are actually designed to provide low-level construction visuals (sub 30m) though the models were sunk lower.

We do have something up our sleeves related to such things, but they won't be happening for a while.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

drjumbajookiba

Here is a teaser:

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YTI033NTEQI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Live Out loud For God

j-dub

Interesting, reflectors instead of lines.

I frame code <> does not work, at least for me; that I have to view it like this:
http://www.youtube.com/v/YTI033NTEQI
Great choice of music for automotive touring. What are those songs by the way?

I also got to say, those screens, with all the textures now, especially with that new hud, really does not look even look like SC4.

MandelSoft

I see you still use the V4.1-Spec Texrures. Note that these will be incompatible with the upcoming RHW version, which will be soon.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

jgehrts

Quote from: mrtnrln on September 01, 2011, 01:39:17 AM
which will be soon.

Here come the excited overanalyses of what "soon" means and pleas for details.  ;)

compgeek718

What program is typically used to make Road textures? Photoshop? 3ds Max? I would like learn how to make some for myself. Thanks.

art128

Quote from: compgeek718 on September 01, 2011, 09:47:48 AM
What program is typically used to make Road textures? Photoshop?

Photoshop, or other image manipulation program such as GIMP, ms Paint etc .. And I think you need one other specifically for SC4 but I don't remember..
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog