• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koenieboy997

Hello NAM-team,
I've got a question. I'm planning a new region with islands and I'll build a highway to connect those islands with the mainland. But because I'll use RHW-10, I'm struggling with bridges. As a workaround, I thought I could use 2 MHW bridges. But now I'm trying to fit the highway on the terrain, I found out using MHW costs more land than using RHW-10 bridges.
So, when will the RHW bridges be available (and should I reckon with them?)
‎(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

TEG24601

There are already a couple of RHW bridges, but unless I'm mistaken, they are just RHW4 bridges, where each direction is its own bridge, or the optional huge suspension bridge (which carries 4 lanes of traffic).  A nice mix of these should satisfy your needs, you will just need a lot of space, since you'll need at least one space between each bridge.

Tarkus

Quote from: Koenieboy997 on November 26, 2011, 07:17:07 AM
So, when will the RHW bridges be available (and should I reckon with them?)

As with all NAM Team content, there's no release date or timeline for release for any RHW-10 bridges (or any other RHW bridges, for that matter).

But speaking in terms of release hierarchy, I wouldn't expect to see any more RHW bridges until Project 0E is finished.  We've had some incomplete Wider RHW bridges by choco laying around for awhile, but things are complicated there because they were designed to RHW Version 3.0 specs during RHW Version 4.0 development.  They'd need to be reskinned and repathed to work with Version 5.0, and the fixes required to make them 5.0-compatible would be immediately undone by Project 0E, making the idea of a pre-Project 0E release a moot point.

-Alex

smartbylaw

Quote from: Tarkus on November 26, 2011, 11:45:02 AM

.....RHW bridges until Project 0E is finished....
-Alex

Project 0E? what is that?

noahclem

Quote from: smartbylaw on November 26, 2011, 12:14:03 PM
Quote from: Tarkus on November 26, 2011, 11:45:02 AM

.....RHW bridges until Project 0E is finished....
-Alex

Project 0E? what is that?

Just read back in this thread a bit and Project 0E is explained. It's pretty technical and involves some switching around of code and dramatically more stable override networks, ie your override rhws won't "deconvert" into RHW2s even if you have a lot of other stuff crossing nearby. You could think of it as making an ultra-stable foundation before continuing on to new content.

EDIT: poor grammar and incorrect "spelling" of 0E ;)

Haljackey

Hey everyone, I wanted to let you know that the new RealHighway Interchange Guide child board in the NAM How-Tos and Tutorials section has now been set up!

RealHighway Interchange Guide

Feel free to let me know what you think or post tutorials of your own!

Link here: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=419.0

j-dub

Very nice work. Now, are you going to allow all those subthreads open for support Q and A?

Haljackey

Quote from: j-dub on November 27, 2011, 11:50:04 AM
Very nice work. Now, are you going to allow all those subthreads open for support Q and A?

Of course! I've also set up a support thread as well as one for tips&tricks.

I also plan on moving all the guides from the old thread over to the new section. Just please note it will take some time. (Took long enough to make all those threads and structure them so they're organized :P)

Swordmaster

Just a quick question for the team: will there be a RHW-8S F2 exit piece? I've had more than one occasion where I was planning to use it until I realized it isn't there.  :)

MandelSoft

I would like to see that too, along side with some other two-lane ramps (like the RHW-10S B2, C2 and F2 ramps). Maybe I work on those when I finished work on the Euro RHW textures and when Project 0E is complete...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

el_cozu

Quote from: Swordmaster on November 29, 2011, 02:42:51 PM
Just a quick question for the team: will there be a RHW-8S F2 exit piece? I've had more than one occasion where I was planning to use it until I realized it isn't there.  :)

Do you have a diagram or something to show what's the F2 exit?

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: el_cozu on November 29, 2011, 02:52:36 PM

I do.

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/8418/periodictableofrhwramps.png

It's like the 8S D2 and E2 ramps, but the branch is at an 18.4-deg angle.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Swordmaster

Quote from: mrtnrln on November 29, 2011, 02:51:03 PM
I would like to see that too, along side with some other two-lane ramps (like the RHW-10S B2, C2 and F2 ramps). Maybe I work on those when I finished work on the Euro RHW textures and when Project 0E is complete...

That's great news, Maarten. Take your time, though.

Quote from: el_cozu on November 29, 2011, 02:52:36 PM

It's basically a FAR version of the D2 exit that is already in the current version.

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on November 29, 2011, 03:04:50 PM

I do.

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/8418/periodictableofrhwramps.png

It's like the 8S D2 and E2 ramps, but the branch is at an 18.4-deg angle.

Cool diagram! What does "unavailable" mean, though?

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Swordmaster on November 29, 2011, 03:05:38 PM

The unavailable ones haven't even been developed yet. There are still a lot of holes to fill... :P :P :P
<INACTIVE>
-----

Swordmaster

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on November 29, 2011, 03:12:26 PM
Quote from: Swordmaster on November 29, 2011, 03:05:38 PM

The unavailable ones haven't even been developed yet. There are still a lot of holes to fill... :P :P :P

Oh, just that - I thought along the lines of "impossible". You had me panicking for a moment. :-[

Shadow Assassin

Don't worry, I'll be working on more FARHW ramp interfaces, it's just that I'm busy with RL issues at the moment so I can't code them right now.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

mike3775

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on November 29, 2011, 04:55:31 PM
Don't worry, I'll be working on more FARHW ramp interfaces, it's just that I'm busy with RL issues at the moment so I can't code them right now.

According to some it seems, RL should never take precedence over the game  :)

j/k don't ban me  :)

Architect_1077

Anyone know when the L1 EMIS will be available?

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Architect_1077 on November 30, 2011, 04:54:06 PM
Anyone know when the L1 EMIS will be available?

Nope. None of us do.

Likely after Project 0E, but anything else can't be determined.
<INACTIVE>
-----

Tarkus

The coding for the L1 EMIS (and the L3 and L4 EMISes, for that matter) are all being compiled as part of Project 0E.  Project 0E is essentially the "next RHW"--we're calling it by that codename instead of "RHW 6.0" because of the massive changes involved and the fact that the RHW will be fully merged into the NAM. 

Beyond that, it's a matter of compiling the paths, models and exemplars.

-Alex