• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Quote from: vinlabsc3k on May 10, 2012, 07:44:37 AM
and I hope Alex (Tarkus) is on the way with P57. &hlp

It's coming along slowly but surely. 

The basic 8S/10S interface with the 6C/8C is in place now, which was a pretty gnarly chunk of code.  I'm now going through and getting the stability code added in, during the little bit of free time I have at the moment (and it'll continue to be limited intermittently for the next couple months--again, I wouldn't be expecting a release any time soon).  My RUL2 build is just over 587,000 lines now.

-Alex

ivo_su

Alex you have made ​​large strides in your work, and this can only be happy all of us. It is nice to me when I open a thread for us, and see a visual image of progress. What most miss is currently pictures with elevated ramps. Equally interesting to me is to see FLEX-RHW4 circles.

- Ivo

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: ivo_su on May 10, 2012, 02:07:31 PM
What most miss is currently pictures with elevated ramps. Equally interesting to me is to see FLEX-RHW4 circles.

Height transitions are for later; They require their own modelling work (and paths), but it's mostly derived off of existing models. Right now is getting everything super-stable.

RHW-4 Flyovers,... As far as I can tell, the prototypes were made before P57, so it'll need conversion.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Durfsurn

Well I'm certainly loving the new stuff coming through Alex! Jeez is it just you working on the RUL2 code or are there hidden others? Is it possible to sapped up the progress by having more people working on it?

noahclem

Beautiful work Alex  &apls &apls &apls  It's so nice to watch the pieces come into place and all that L1 just makes me drool  ;D

@ Durfsurn -- Unfortunately there's not a big pool of RUL2ers out there and it's not exactly entry level stuff

Tarkus

Regarding the RUL2 work--I'm handling the base network code.  There's also some other RHW-related RUL2 work being done by others, involving other features, but that side of things hasn't been revealed yet.  The way RUL2 is set up, working with it requires a certain degree of "tunnel vision".  It can sometimes be very tricky jumping into the middle of the logic of someone else's RUL2 code, depending on how differently they format and comment things, and how different the function of that code is from what one normally does.

-Alex

Durfsurn

Ah. Okay. Will there be ramp transitions from L0 to L1, L1 to L2, L2 to L3, L3 to L4 or will there also be transitions like L0 to L3 and L1 to L4 as well?

Tarkus

Suffice to say, yes.  We already have an instance of an L0-L3 and an L2-L3 for the RHW-4 and MIS (for use with the DDRHW), so it's basically just a matter of adjusting those to additional heights/widths.  Longer versions of the existing L0-L2 transitions are also planned (this will most likely also entail the creation of L1-L3 and L2-L4).  I wouldn't be shocked if there was an L0-L4 made, either (though it will most likely be huge).  Every network width will get transitions.  There might be some implementation tricks entailed either now or in a later release.

However, since P57 started, there haven't been any new height/width transitions made.  We're focusing on getting the "hard stuff" in place first--the ultra-stabilized P57 base network content.  Transitions are a piece of cake by comparison, and as there's currently some dimensional adjustment going on with the existing ERHW ortho models, as jondor mentioned, it's not really the right time to be making them, anyway.

-Alex

Durfsurn

Will L1/2/3/4 over/under road/ave/OWR viaducts be available?

Shadow Assassin

Quote from: Durfsurn on May 15, 2012, 10:40:57 PM
Will L1/2/3/4 over/under road/ave/OWR viaducts be available?

Only for L1 and L2. It's really not feasible for L3 and L4... it just wouldn't work too well, plus it would add an additional degree of complexity... we're looking at about 200-300 puzzle pieces total just for L1 and L2.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Haljackey

Just a quick announcement:

The RHW Slope Mod is now available for download on the STEX!

Link: http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/27617-rhw-slope-mod/

vinlabsc3k

There's a paths error with the elevated rail crossing RHW-6C. :(
As you can see in the image:
On RHW, the two inner lane, on both direction, are without paths, so on the rails.

I've tried clicking on RHW or El-rail to restore the paths, but it seems to be a RUL bug. :'(

I've downloaded the NAM Hotfix Package.
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: vinlabsc3k on May 18, 2012, 10:29:37 AM
There's a paths error with the elevated rail crossing RHW-6C. :(

It's a path bug, not a RUL bug, just to let you know. Most RUL bugs include faulty overrides (EG, ELR over 6C converting back into ELR over RHW-2's), CheckType errors, and the Sinkhole to China bug.

Additionally, I just confirmed it on my end.
<INACTIVE>
-----

jondor

The header from the ortho piece the paths were copied from was still stuck in the middle of the file.  I've attached a fix, drop it in your RHW folder.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

jdenm8

I would like to inform LHD players that this issue does not cripplingly affect them, the RHW 4.0 specification paths are used instead.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

vinlabsc3k

@GDO29Anagram: Thanks for the fast reply and correction. :thumbsup:
@jondor: Thanks for the fast fix. &hlp
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

GDO29Anagram

<INACTIVE>
-----

Tarkus

Double-posting . . . ::)  But it's been more than 48 hours and I have new stuff to show . . . the latest installment of "Ultra-Stability: Not That Anyone Needs To Do That".

This one actually might be a bit more practical:

That's what you can do with 610,149 lines of RUL2 code.

-Alex

MandelSoft

Well THAT's what I call ultra-stability! :thumbsup:
Lurk mode: ACTIVE