• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MandelSoft

^^ Continuing on the previous post: if you want to know how bugged they are, try to imagine this:
- Very, VERY instable RUL overrides
- Almost ALL of the ramps are missing paths
- some of the ramps miss overhangs.

In short, the whole set of Type D1 and E1 ramps were so unworkable and in such a crude state that we cancelled them from this release, and it's highly probable that they won't make it in the NAM 31.1 either. They require too much work on them, on top of every other bug that has been reported. There were also diagonal type B1 FLEXRamps planned, which were also cancelled because they didn't work... in all thinkable ways.

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

AngryBirdsFan436

So, will there be "temporary" puzzle pieces for the Type D1 and E1 converted to P57 spec?
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

jcluvzgamez

Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on March 05, 2013, 02:12:54 AM
So, will there be "temporary" puzzle pieces for the Type D1 and E1 converted to P57 spec?

No offence, but whats wrong with the D1 / E1 puzzle pieces we already have? They work just fine...
I will take a burger and NAM. Yes I would like RHW with that. Oh and NWM with SAM topping for dessert.

AngryBirdsFan436

Quote from: jcluvzgamez on March 05, 2013, 02:16:53 AM

No offence, but whats wrong with the D1 / E1 puzzle pieces we already have? They work just fine...
Welp, the difference between the P57 spec ramps and the not converted ramps (RHW 5.0) is that they have chevron markings. The DRI ramps have chevron markings as well as the FlexRamps. But not the old puzzle pieces. (Still in their old RHW 5.0 form) [NOTE: I am talking about the American textures. Not the European textures which have chevron markings in all ramps. Even the old puzzle piece ramps. ;)]
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

GDO29Anagram

Let me ask you nicely: Read the threads before asking questions whose answers are too obvious (and too overly repeated or already answered) to even say. If it's a question that's not been answered, then we'll answer it. If not, then... :bomb:
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

MandelSoft

Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on March 05, 2013, 02:19:16 AM
Welp, the difference between the P57 spec ramps and the not converted ramps (RHW 5.0) is that they have chevron markings. The DRI ramps have chevron markings as well as the FlexRamps. But not the old puzzle pieces. (Still in their old RHW 5.0 form)

About chevron markings: we have bigger problems to cope with. We may have broke the "no release date" rule once, but we still keep to our "functionality first" policy. Missing chevrons on old ramps are the least of your problems now...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Shadow Assassin

Look at it this way: if the pre-57 spec ramps still work, chances are they won't be migrated in their current form to Project 57 specifications. Generally, they will eventually become Flex Ramps.

As for chevrons and no chevrons, we have more important things to worry about right now. I'd rather get everything working before looking at trivial things like that, and everyone else on the NAM team will agree with me.

As for FARHW and wide radius curves for wider RHWs, they will come. Just not in 31.1.

It's all about priorities. We're not adding in new content in this bug-fix release. The filler pieces are a little different as they were included but disabled because they were not yet ready for release. This is something that was in previous versions and needed to be re-added.

That's the most important thing to remember: we want Project 57 to have and exceed functionality of previous versions of RHW. That means we have to fix elements that were released in NAM31, and it's also why the old puzzle piece ramps haven't been updated to 57 spec, because 1. they still work, 2. they are going to be converted to a FlexRamp setup, but that takes time, and the existing pieces still work, and 3. we have more important things to worry about than chevrons!
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Elydion

Hey NAM team! incredible work that you've done! too bad about the bugs, but that proves to me that the 'no realease date' policy works.
All the bugs i have encountered are already listed here, but is there anyway i can help?

Ely

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Elydion on March 05, 2013, 05:43:54 AM
but is there anyway i can help?

Find as much bugs as you can that haven't been pinpointed down?
<INACTIVE>
-----

Monorail Master

I'm so glad it's out! Can't wait to try out NAM 31 as soon as I get home from college class today. College/School really does make time fly by....
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

Swordmaster

Quote from: Tarkus on March 04, 2013, 10:23:13 PM
Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on March 04, 2013, 08:49:24 PM
Well, will the filler pieces return in the NAM 31.1 update? ???

For the fifty-seven billionth time, yes.
-Alex

I thought it was only 57,000,000 ? Are you telling me you've managed to add digits to the hexes? :D

Cheers
Willy

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Swordmaster on March 05, 2013, 07:33:10 AM
I thought it was only 57,000,000 ? Are you telling me you've managed to add digits to the hexes?

It was a matter of trying to respond to someone who asked infinitesimally many questions about things that we've answered already. I'll spare the oddball analogy for now.
<INACTIVE>
-----

Haljackey

-Alex
I thought it was only 57,000,000 ? Are you telling me you've managed to add digits to the hexes? :D

Quote from: GDO29Anagram link=topic=990.msg453353#msg453353
It was a matter of trying to respond to someone who asked infinitesimally many questions about things that we've answered already. I'll spare the oddball analogy for now.

Any way I look at it, this response makes me laugh out loud.  :D

puzzled5543

-Alex

Cheers
Willy

57 billion is a decimal number (billion doesn't exist in hex, nor do commas).

AngryBirdsFan436

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on March 05, 2013, 07:43:10 AM
I thought it was only 57,000,000 ? Are you telling me you've managed to add digits to the hexes?

Well, it's because I'm too lazy to read through this thread. :P
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

Indiana Joe

Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on March 05, 2013, 03:31:03 PM

Watch out, or they'll get too lazy to answer your questions   ;)

Tarkus

Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on March 05, 2013, 03:31:03 PM

But you're not too lazy to re-ask the same questions that we've already replied to you regarding.  Or re-post insulting comments that another staff member removed.

-Alex

Blue Lightning

And just to make people feel better, I finished all the L0 filler pieces yesterday. I'll be tackling the other height levels this week as school permits.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

dragonshardz

Just to confirm - are there ramps for L1 RHW-10S? Specifically, A-style ramps - the FLEXramps don't seem to be overriding correctly if that's what I'm supposed to use.

jdenm8

Quote from: puzzled5543 on March 05, 2013, 03:17:16 PM
57 billion is a decimal number (billion doesn't exist in hex, nor do commas).

It can exist in hex (It's D4576FA00 and 57000000000 is a valid 96-Bit hex number) and numbers are generally represented without commas anyway.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley