• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Quote from: DJSun1981 on April 21, 2013, 11:01:44 AM
I try out the new nam today, and I dont find some useful parts, wich I would like to use during my experiences:

-) L0 to L1 MIS and RHW2 transition pieces

-) L0 to L4 + L1 to L4 transition pieces

-) L1+L2+L3+L4 Exit/Entrance ramps ortho and diagonal

There isn't a direct L0-to-L4 or L1-to-L4 transition, but transitions between all levels are possible using the FLEX OnSlope and FLEX Height Transitions--there aren't static puzzle pieces for them like the ones that have existed for some time for the L0-L2 transitions.  The RHW-4 and RHW-2 also have ramp interfaces (Type A1 and Type B1) at all heights, using Draggable Ramp Interfaces/FLEXRamps.

Quote from: DJSun1981 on April 21, 2013, 11:01:44 AM
-) Wide curve puzzle pieces for L1+L2+L3+L4

We haven't made those.  Probably won't see them for some time still.

-Alex

vinlabsc3k

Quote from: Tarkus on April 21, 2013, 11:25:36 AM
The RHW-4 and RHW-2 also have ramp interfaces (Type A1 and Type B1) at all heights, using Draggable Ramp Interfaces/FLEXRamps.

I can't built a Dragable/Flex Ramp B1 for L2 RHW2 or RHW4, only on L1. :'(
I've dragged or plopped the ramp many times, but it revert to L0 RHW2 B1.  >:(
Clicking on the adjacent network tiles doesn't work. ()sad()
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

Haljackey

Today I put ultra-stabilization to the test. I was impressed.

Zoom-out of the junction I'm working on.

Click for full size:

Inspired by this junction: http://goo.gl/maps/B3y3H

westamastaflash

Just wondering, are there any plans in the works for MIS Flexfly height transitions? It would be very convenient to be able to go from L2 to L1 on a curve, to reduce the space needed for the ground transitions.

vinlabsc3k

Quote from: westamastaflash on April 23, 2013, 06:32:54 PM
Just wondering, are there any plans in the works for MIS Flexfly height transitions? It would be very convenient to be able to go from L2 to L1 on a curve, to reduce the space needed for the ground transitions.

For a curved and gentle height transition you can use the Project Symphony one (270 degrees L0-L2 startless) ;)
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

the7train

Thanks for all the hard work with the new NAM!
Am I trying to do something that is too compact and impossible with the RHW? I can't seem to get the RHW2 to change to what I want no matter how much I click around. Are there any guidelines for how tight we can make interchanges/overpasses?  I could not find much about this in the user manual. Thanks for your help!

APSMS

It looks like you're trying to cross three RHW networks over the same tile at once, which is not supported (way, way too many possible combinations). Some more shots of the interchange would help if that's not the case.

You'll probably just have to make it less compact, though. The RHW mod is not known for its compactness, just it's options (and realism).
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Durfsurn

We can only hope that one day it will become feasible to add 3 networks on one tile without years of coding :/

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Durfsurn on April 25, 2013, 01:04:48 AM
We can only hope that one day it will become feasible to add 3 networks on one tile without years of coding

RUL-bound limitations dictate that a tile can only ever contain two networks at once, but there's nothing against making it look like it has a third...

Hint hint, this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TXByD0XOe8

If those three network are all RHW,... It technically falls under a different jurisdiction (the RHW INRULs), but requires RUL-2 stuffs to make the overrides work... But that's three different RHW widths on one tile; How do you manage that?

Quote from: the7train on April 24, 2013, 07:57:24 PM
Are there any guidelines for how tight we can make interchanges/overpasses?

Under certain circumstances, you can bisect a starter (see the section on starter bisection) so you can have a starter snugly fit under an overpass, or in your case, try adding more starters where the overrides break.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Haljackey

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on April 25, 2013, 02:09:40 AM
We can only hope that one day it will become feasible to add 3 networks on one tile without years of coding

RUL-bound limitations dictate that a tile can only ever contain two networks at once, but there's nothing against making it look like it has a third...

Either that or puzzle pieces can be used. For example, a true 4-level stack interchange could be made if a puzzle piece existed for the central point, allowing all 4 levels to intersect. Functionality first, though.

chosenreject

I would like to ask if there are any rhw 6s S-curves or a way to shift the lane one tile over. I cannot do this by dragging it and i have run into a problem in my one city that might require me to redo an entire sunken highway without this piece.  I might just be looking in the wrong menu, thanks for any tips or tricks to make this happen.

Durfsurn

Quote from: Haljackey on April 25, 2013, 09:40:55 AM

Either that or puzzle pieces can be used. For example, a true 4-level stack interchange could be made if a puzzle piece existed for the central point, allowing all 4 levels to intersect. Functionality first, though.

Would that be a serious possibility for NAM 32? I like the idea of just centre pieces for stacks so that it doesn't go outside the puzzle piece size limitations and cuts the amount of work you do if we just connect the dots so to speak! Great idea Hal!

itsacoaster

Quote from: chosenreject on April 27, 2013, 01:46:26 PM
I would like to ask if there are any rhw 6s S-curves or a way to shift the lane one tile over. I cannot do this by dragging it and i have run into a problem in my one city that might require me to redo an entire sunken highway without this piece.  I might just be looking in the wrong menu, thanks for any tips or tricks to make this happen.

This isn't an ideal solution, but if you're looking for a "quick fix", you can convert RHW-6S to OWR-3 and back by dragging.  You can do your lane shift just by dragging the OWR-3.

chosenreject

Quote from: itsacoaster on April 27, 2013, 03:23:21 PM
Quote from: chosenreject on April 27, 2013, 01:46:26 PM

This isn't an ideal solution, but if you're looking for a "quick fix", you can convert RHW-6S to OWR-3 and back by dragging.  You can do your lane shift just by dragging the OWR-3.

Thanks! didn't think of that! it isnt ideal since the highway will look odd but i can use that work around until i can come up with another solution or such a piece is made

Also, i would like to share this photo. i think i already brought up the flex fly issue a while back, but also in this picture is a small flaw in the cosmetic transition piece i believe

Durfsurn

Out of curiosity how would 3 networks on one tile coding work? Is it the unlikely matter of just rewriting
ID1xID2xID3 refer to TEXTURE1 or the more likely matter of complicated coding.

Also out of curiosity how many NAM members and associates are there?

MandelSoft

A quick search in the members list on SC4D says that there are 46 NAM members and associates on this site, although not every one of them is currently active.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

the7train

Quote from: the7train on April 24, 2013, 07:57:24 PM
Are there any guidelines for how tight we can make interchanges/overpasses?

Under certain circumstances, you can bisect a starter (see the section on starter bisection) so you can have a starter snugly fit under an overpass, or in your case, try adding more starters where the overrides break.

Thanks for your help, I was able to make this work by rearranging to make it slightly larger and adding in more starters. I don't think I had 3 networks on 1 tile in any case, they were just too close with not enough starters (at least I think). Wish I had more time to play because the NAM rocks!

Tarkus

^Wow.  That's a nice interchange.  As RL's kept me limited, and most of the recent RHW pics I've seen lately are bug reports, it's really refreshing and rewarding to see someone being able to build a true modular multi-level interchange with the new version.

-Alex

Durfsurn

Just made this one tonight. Another one with all 4 height levels!

Uzil