• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haljackey

Quote from: Tarkus on April 29, 2013, 10:28:44 PM
^Wow.  That's a nice interchange.  As RL's kept me limited, and most of the recent RHW pics I've seen lately are bug reports, it's really refreshing and rewarding to see someone being able to build a true modular multi-level interchange with the new version.

-Alex

Tarkus:Tarkus:Tarkus:

Click for full size:

http://www.youtube.com/v/JrB9qcCMGDw
http://youtu.be/JrB9qcCMGDw

My largest SC4 pic ever:

http://www.youtube.com/v/a7in5F-YHtE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7in5F-YHtE

NAM 31.1's RHW is a beaut. Yes there still are some bugs but all things considered it's probably the biggest improvement to the mod since RHW 2.0.

k808j

@the7train- very interesting concept and has your name hints, you have the BQE, LIE and Throngs Neck interchange has a RL setup for examination.

L i s t e n  T o  O u r  F a m o u s  T h e m e
http://www.supload.com/listen?s=PVfnXk">We Are Borg

the7train

Thanks guys, appreciate the compliments and glad you enjoy. I'll try to post more to the show your intersections section. Great job to you all creating realistic interchanges! I really love the new draggable FAR/Curves for roads, seeing that for RHW would be amazing to further help the realism, particularly for elevated RHW where the curves aren't as smooth.
@k808j: It is similar to the BQE, LIE interchange but it has access in all directions, I don't think there is access to the LIE Eastbound from the BQE Westbound (really southbound there). Ironically, this similarity was a complete coincidence and was what fit for me in this space  :D

chosenreject

WOW Haljackey, that first interchange you posted a pic of is very similar to a setup i was trying to accomplish in my city but i have failed at every attempt. I will be using this post as a reference for my next attempt at joining two major highways in my region   :D

Tarkus

Hal, you've outdone yourself again. :thumbsup:

Quote from: Haljackey on April 30, 2013, 08:57:32 AM
NAM 31.1's RHW is a beaut. Yes there still are some bugs but all things considered it's probably the biggest improvement to the mod since RHW 2.0.

And that's quite a compliment--thank you. :)  (Of course, I still see 3.0 as being a big upgrade from 2.0--you still had to use workarounds for RHW x RHW crossings with 2.0.)

I actually was thinking about where the RHW is headed next, now that P57 is implemented.  The fact is that with the new networks mostly implemented (I'd say the 12S and 10C are off the table for now), and the groundwork is in place for many future areas of expansion, it's looking like we've come to a point where a steady, incremental development process is actually going to be a reality for the RHW.  While I think the RHW will still be a project that really drives innovation, we've gotten things future-ready, and we're not going to have to re-invent the wheel again, which is going to be a huge burden off our shoulders.

-Alex

Haljackey

Quote from: Tarkus on May 01, 2013, 08:15:01 PM
I actually was thinking about where the RHW is headed next, now that P57 is implemented.  The fact is that with the new networks mostly implemented (I'd say the 12S and 10C are off the table for now), and the groundwork is in place for many future areas of expansion, it's looking like we've come to a point where a steady, incremental development process is actually going to be a reality for the RHW.  While I think the RHW will still be a project that really drives innovation, we've gotten things future-ready, and we're not going to have to re-invent the wheel again, which is going to be a huge burden off our shoulders.

Yes, P57 is a huge plus. If you ask me about new content other than new networks like 10C and 12S, they would be:
-Dual RHW-6S split from RHW-10S. Most likely a Fractional-angle piece. (The middle lane of the 10S can either go straight or split off) Good for major highway-highway exits or collector-express splits.
-RHW-4 Flex-fly
-Flex-fly for other levels
-Central puzzle pieces for major interchanges to include multiple levels of RHW crossing over one-another. Ex. a 4x4 tile for the centre of a stack interchange)

Those would be very welcomed additions to the mod, but I think we have enough stuff from NAM 31 to play around with for now ;)

vinlabsc3k

Quote from: Haljackey on May 02, 2013, 11:20:22 AM
Yes, P57 is a huge plus. If you ask me about new content other than new networks like 10C and 12S, they would be:
-Dual RHW-6S split from RHW-10S. Most likely a Fractional-angle piece. (The middle lane of the 10S can either go straight or split off) Good for major highway-highway exits or collector-express splits.
-RHW-4 Flex-fly
-Flex-fly for other levels
-Central puzzle pieces for major interchanges to include multiple levels of RHW crossing over one-another. Ex. a 4x4 tile for the centre of a stack interchange)

Those would be very welcomed additions to the mod, but I think we have enough stuff from NAM 31 to play around with for now ;)

You forgot the ramps and on-slope puzzle pieces for RHW/NWM FLUPs!! ;)

P.S.: Is in the ToDo List the change of draggable ramp texture from cement to the default one?
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

Haljackey

Quote from: vinlabsc3k on May 02, 2013, 11:52:52 AM
You forgot the ramps and on-slope puzzle pieces for RHW/NWM FLUPs!! ;)

lol, this is just my own list, not NAM-priority :P

I'm not much of a FLUP user anyway. Besides, with all the new height levels the RHW now has in NAM 31, you can just dig a trench under the network instead.

EDIT:

Quote from: chosenreject on May 01, 2013, 10:05:22 AM
WOW Haljackey, that first interchange you posted a pic of is very similar to a setup i was trying to accomplish in my city but i have failed at every attempt. I will be using this post as a reference for my next attempt at joining two major highways in my region   :D

After seeing this, I decided to make a high-res pic of this junction as well. Hope it helps!

Click for full size! (3670x2890)

chosenreject

Thanks Haljackey, some of those curves are the 90 degree curved ramps and not the flex fly correct? perhaps some 45 degree ramps would be helpful in the future (hint hint) i just kidd. you guys have so many projects it must be hard to prioritize them all. thanks again for the high res! i will be trying this interchange on the weekend

MandelSoft

Did the textures just derp? Did I make a texturing error?

No! This is the new Irish/South African texture set, with yellow lines on the outside and white on the inside. It's still in the starting stages, but this is what I got so far:

Still a daunting task ahead of me to convert all ±5000 textures from the RHW to this format...

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

vinlabsc3k

In Italy these are the old paintmark for suburban, freeway and highway!
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

chosenreject

sorry the picture quality is poor. i have to figure out what went wrong that the photo wasn't a higher res. This is the interchange I came up with using Haljackeys, photo. the only problems i came across were:
1. i wanted to maintain 8S and 6C thru lanes at all times so i could not have my on and off ramps in 4s collector lanes and certain transitions made it larger than the footprint i was working with. I will re-do that part when the 12s and 10c ramps are released :D
2. i painted myself into a corner when i got to the last interchange which is Westbound access to the Northbound 8s. when i play the game i generally respect my sims private property and do not acquire and tear down existing properties. making a cloverleaf type loop would have taken out  several industrial buildings in the process and at the moment  other ramps could not be moved due to other obstructions off camera. I'm sure this will work if there is a L1 flex fly or other advancements that make for more compact transitions in the future. Luckily further south there is a diverging diamond interchange that can be used as a detour/u-turn for the time being.

Next up is adding shrubs and trees and some Signs and lighting perhaps? i need to download some of these things since i currently do not have any :D suggestions for some generic (non specific to a certain city) us style signs would be greatly appreciated.

I will post my T interchange soon i and very happy with how compact and smooth it worked out

Durfsurn

Mandelsoft can I please have a link to the fantastic NAM wallpaper you posted before I cannot find it. Thanks!

Also great work on the textures and Hal you are seriously the master of RHW.

old joe

RHW is awesome! :thumbsup:
i just can't figure out - how can i ramp-off my traffic from 2nd level of RHW10-s to the ground?? is there any possibility?

MandelSoft

Quote from: Durfsurn on May 06, 2013, 04:40:58 PM
Mandelsoft can I please have a link to the fantastic NAM wallpaper you posted before I cannot find it. Thanks!

Also great work on the textures and Hal you are seriously the master of RHW.
By all means ;)
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/mrtnrln/OtherStuff/nam_neon_wallpaper.jpg

Quote from: old joe on May 07, 2013, 04:59:55 PM
RHW is awesome! :thumbsup:
i just can't figure out - how can i ramp-off my traffic from 2nd level of RHW10-s to the ground?? is there any possibility?
You mean, you want to build a ramp or a height transition? Currently, only a few networks do have ramps on the elevated levels. Functionality is still limited there..
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

DJSun1981

Hmm, I am missing RHW over RHW bridge fillers in NAM 31.1

Wiimeiser

You shouldn't need fillers. You should be able to drag, although it's a bit unstable...
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Nanami

anybody know how to fix this?

I can't just simply intersect mis with OWR-2 diagonally

Tarkus

The reason you can't do that is because you have an orth-diag curve going into that intersection.  There's no stability code to support that.

-Alex

Indiana Joe

Just how difficult would it be to eliminate the one tile of space necessary between orth-diag transitions and RHW?  (Mainly for overpass purposes).  That's the one thing that makes me miss the old filler pieces.