• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tropod

Quote from: jdenm8 on September 04, 2014, 08:32:35 AM
Quote from: vinlabsc3k on September 04, 2014, 07:21:34 AM
The lot is asymmetrical and in real life the toll booths are a unique strip of building on the carriageways.

Not always. There was a tollbooth relatively near me, the Loganlea Road Toll Plaza on the Gateway Motorway, that had two separate buildings that didn't line up. They're certainly less common, but they do still exist.

That's coz us aussies are a backward lot  ;).
Actually now all that is gone as they've all been replaced with electronic gantries - so no more strip of buildings on the carriageways :P.

CahosRahneVeloza

Quote from: riiga on September 04, 2014, 12:55:33 PM
No nightlights. I never use the night mode and I'm not that good a BATer to know how to make them.

It's fine actually I just needed confirmation.

BTW I too prefer to stay in eternal day light  ;D

vinlabsc3k

Quote from: APSMS on September 04, 2014, 11:57:37 AM
Quote from: jdenm8 on September 04, 2014, 08:32:35 AM
The lot is asymmetrical and in real life the toll booths are a unique strip of building on the carriageways.
Not always. There was a tollbooth relatively near me, the Loganlea Road Toll Plaza on the Gateway Motorway, that had two separate buildings that didn't line up. They're certainly less common, but they do still exist.
To agree with jdenm8, BAM; the San Joaquin Hills Transportation Corridor. Been through that one probably around 300 times over the last 15 years. Definitely not a set of buildings, and certainly not symmetrical.

I know English is probably not your strong suit, but it might be better to phrase your critiques less strongly, esp. when the stuff is made for free and based probably on RL examples not in your region.

Sorry for the "strong suit", I forgot the "usually" adverb. :(
And these are only suggestions not orders.

The images shows two lots side by side. The lot is just one side for maximum flexibility.
I refer to the Automatic gantry.

If you make the building specular, you could use it for the LHD version.
I pretty much only need to flip the model and flip back some textures for the LHD version, but that takes time and requires setting up gMax etc again. The reason I made the RHW-6S version in the first place was that I figured out a way to do it by just changing road textures and other stuff that I can easily do without editing the model.
I suggested this to avoid further work and to make one building for both driving direction. ;)

You can make only the RHW-10 section, so the gamers can make custom carriageways.
?
I meant to say to create just the part with gantries and not the width transitions.
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

GDO29Anagram

I just wanna share two things:

1. This ramp interface.
2. A rather cheesy but fitting title that I came up whilst chatting with others.

http://www.youtube.com/v/cTFlXo4cSZ8
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

compdude787

You know, this is going to be so awesome! And I won't even have to plop starters anymore! Just drag and it appears! Awesome work, Ganaram!!!!

:thumbsup:  &apls  &apls  &apls  &apls  &apls x9002
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Wiimeiser

So, the number of RHWs branching off the DRI area is the number of lanes on the ramp?
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: compdude787 on September 07, 2014, 06:28:18 PM
You know, this is going to be so awesome! And I won't even have to plop starters anymore! Just drag and it appears! Awesome work, Ganaram!!!!

If you recall one of the previous dev videos I had (the ones that had the inside D1 ramps), a lot of the ramps are already starterless; more so, the ramp itself is a starter.

Come up with enough patterns and you can theoretically eliminate the need for starters, though the patterns would become progressively more confusing to use since you'd need 30+ patterns.

Quote from: Wiimeiser on September 07, 2014, 08:01:45 PM
So, the number of RHWs branching off the DRI area is the number of lanes on the ramp?

That statement's a bit ambiguous; branching off of what part of the DRI area?
<INACTIVE>
-----

Wiimeiser

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on September 07, 2014, 08:24:34 PM
Quote from: compdude787 on September 07, 2014, 06:28:18 PM

Quote from: Wiimeiser on September 07, 2014, 08:01:45 PM

That statement's a bit ambiguous; branching off of what part of the DRI area?
You dragged two RHWs perpendicular to the main RHW, instead of one

Gugu3

jdenm8

No more random lane jumping when most traffic is turning.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Wiimeiser

Nice addition, could be useful.

(Also, my previous post messed up...)

CasperVg

Very nice work, I'm looking forward to building some more Volleyball interchanges soon
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

compdude787

Quote from: Wiimeiser on September 08, 2014, 07:26:17 AM
Nice addition, could be useful.

(Also, my previous post messed up...)

I agree, this is a nice addition here. BTW @Wiimeiser you can edit your previous post. ;)

My YouTube Channel

j-dub

Quote from: jdenm8 on September 08, 2014, 04:00:25 AM
http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/535122589880206015/08B2995AB9874386657566193C094487ACB5A184/

No more random lane jumping when most traffic is turning.

What! What? I come back after the Summer only to find traffic signals installed in the middle of this thing? I don't get why the stop lines are located after the crossing on the single lane MIS-based intersection at the bottom right, assuming RHD.

jdenm8

That interchange was built in an LHT game, so the stop lines will be on the 'wrong' side of the intersections.

The A1 didn't have its LHT textures included in the installer (:angrymore:) so its stop lines won't match up.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

GDO29Anagram

Guess I didn't state the reason I was making a Type A2 Wide Ramp...

Is this reason enough for you guys?

http://www.youtube.com/v/93Q4PBLBVp4
<INACTIVE>
-----

compdude787

Every time I see a post from you in this thread, I'm thinking "ooh, I wonder what new thing he just came up with now" and I take a look and everytime, you never fail to amaze This is awesome!!!!!!   :thumbsup: &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls x9003 :D

My YouTube Channel

JoeST

that really is some sweet sweet sauce, wowowowwow
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

GDO29Anagram

Alright, I just had to make this video because I thought it'd be a good idea to do so. It shows the work that went into making one of those ramp interfaces. The original vid was about 45 minutes long, but most of that time came from getting sidetracked for a good amount of time, and had I not filled that in with random filler (you'll see what I mean by that), it would've been too boring (literally, about 10 minutes of the original video was just staring at the same window doing nothing).

http://www.youtube.com/v/oa5t4RD6b-U
<INACTIVE>
-----

Gugu3