• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

9) Ninth Challenge - "I found them!!"

Started by soulchaser, January 21, 2010, 07:13:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soulchaser

<<Region-Planning-Department of Bordertown>>

Fig. 1: Arakashee Park

The recently developed green concept for our region led to some changes. We decided to proclaim a National Park, matching the FFH (Flora-Fauna-Habitat) directive, at the Arakashee Delta, north of Druman's Beach. It's spread that wide (see fig. 1) because it implies 2 major spots.

On the one hand, there's a mysterious spot in the western woods where there are so many flowers (fig. 2), biologists can't imagine any reason.

Fig. 2: Tile F

On the other hand, there are the birthing place of the famous mudwhales (for a picture, look at C3.5) near the beach in the east.

In the eastern part, there's also a famous visiting point, the mushroom rock (fig. 3), a strange rock formation.

Fig. 3: Tile L

The Arakashee National Park has it's visitors' centre near Druman's Beach and a big parking space, even it's own grocery (restricted car acces; fig. 4).

Fig. 4: Tile M

There are 3 good possibilities to stay while visitors want to hike in the park. There are cabins right next to the visitors' center (fig. 5), where often families stay. There you can also watch almost the whole of the woods from the tower (fig. 6).

Fig. 5: Tile M

Fig. 6: Tile M

But you can also stay in a ****Hotel (fig. 7), just 5 min. away, if you want more service, or, on the contrary, might stay at a cheap motel (often visited by biology students; fig 8), both in Druman's Beach.

Fig. 7: Tile M

Fig. 8: Tile M

The Park, devided into 2 parts by the scenic A10 (C3), has about 6.8km / 4.3 miles of trails for hikers (fig. 9), as no roads are allowed in FFH areas. But if you want a great view from your car, have a short stop at the nearby bridge.

Fig. 9: Tile L

A visit is not expensive, because the park is subsidized (by the governour?! ;) ) and the entrance is mostly free (fees for cars!), but the impressions are valuable, if you enjoy a great mix of flora. You might also see find some deers when you're on a hike.

Fig. 10: Tile L

Knucker's Nest also benefits from the green concept. Because of the high emissions by the big industries there, the people wanted a "green lung". The citypark was built from industry taxes (fig. 11).

Fig. 11: Tile G

The park is devided into 2 parts. The eastern part is adjusted for relaxing and fun (fig. 12), the western part for runners, hikers or dogwalks (fig. 13).

Fig. 12: Tile G

Fig. 13: Tile G (Bonus)

The village of Arakashee Delta also benefits, but in a more economic way. After builing the promenade (fig. 14), with direct view on the Arakashee National Park and on passing ships on their way to the harbour there were some bigger agencies that were interested in nearby ground (fig. 15), right next to the parking spaces.

Fig. 14: Tile L

Fig. 15: Tile L (Bonus)

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

jmyers2043

Quotevisit is not expensive, because the park is subsidized (by the governour?!  )

Now why didn't I think of that? The thought made for a good chuckle.  :) 

Great update. The region shot is spectacular and gets my vote for most creative. That is to say if there is such a vote at the end.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

soulchaser

I'm glad you liked the my work on this challenge.

I myself didn't think this was that creative ;)

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!