• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

4) Forth Challenge - "It's all miiiine!"

Started by soulchaser, May 01, 2009, 10:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soulchaser

<< Separatists Headquarter>>

"Chhhrzzzrz...chhrrhzzrr...Commander?..chhhhrrzzzr..Commander?..Can you hear me?.....chrrzrrr...We need further instructions.......What shall we do now?....chhhrrrrzzzrrrr....."

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

soulchaser

Mean while in a parallel universe.....
;)

Quote from: soulchaser on May 03, 2009, 03:36:14 AM
----Transmission Start----

CONFIDENTIAL

Further Information for Leadership of Bordertown, South

As the Headquarter is planning a rise in industrial goods, Bordertown was chosen for developing aforementioned.
Therefor an industrial area has to be announced as well as supporting utilities as a powerplant and a watersource.
We suggest the following approach:

Regarding some buffer area (marked as Deathzones), there should be built some industrial area with nonpredetermined density in the southwest of Tile E. Within this area, there should be installed a supporting power plant, which might support further developments, in a well chosen place. The same is with the water supply; build it in the SW wherever there's a fitting place. In the southeastern part, we need some houses for the workers (Residential = green), as important as some stores for them, to fullfill their daily needs (Commercial = blue).

We want to mention, that the map is just a rough guideline and these areas don't have to be that dense. You also may build a school, hospital or train station or other similar utilities, if one is needed to fullfill the workers' demands.

At last, we ask you to build a fence or wall to avoid adverse intruders, marked red.

We are open for any suggestions, if the plans don't fit the terrain!

The HQ

CONFIDENTIAL

----Transmission End----

Quote from: soulchaser on May 03, 2009, 03:16:35 PM

Industry: In regard to export and the along carried economy benefits, we don't care what kind of industrie. whether you get some smaller but wealth HT, or many dirty ones or anything (mixed) between is equal.

Power plant: as our movement doesn't have a lot of financial ressources 2 points are important: cheap & easy. Nuclear power would be a bit hard to realise, but if there's useable radioactive material you found, go for it.

Barriers: We don't get the point. Is there a problem? - As we don't see any aggressive actions, recently, we don't need to militarize everything too much. we just need barriers to keep curious nines (sorry...insiderjoke) out there.

The HQ

----Transmission End----

Quote from: soulchaser on May 14, 2009, 11:23:15 PM

Efforts sound good. Drilling for oil is requested.

Install bridges as far as needed and fonds are available. Remember our aim is economoc benefits.

Mass transit is suggested if inhabitants demand it. Only a happy resident is a good worker.

The HQ

----Transmission End----

EDIT: wooohooo....100th post :D

Recently Iced

mightygoose

you are tasked with founding Freetown, this map gives you a basic idea of how we have decided to lay out the town, basic amenities should be provided as well as a celebratory square in the central commercial area, to commemerate the revolution that we will surely win. :). now get to it mayor.

note:- beyond the road layout and the location of the park you have very minimal constraints, i realise the town was bigger than some of the other required towns for other people, so i traded size for difficulty.

shots to show, a zone layout & the park....
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

soulchaser

"My Leader...

....are we allowed to modify the layout due to our religion to build more circular? as we see, green is residential, blue is commercial and yellow is industrial, and we are allowed to plan the density of our choice?

You might also realize that we have very limited energy and watersupply! We will reach our limits soon!"

Recently Iced

mightygoose

ah circles yes, that would please us, permission to circulate the design is given, low density is preferred to ensure that water and pwer supplies do not run out, although emergency measures may be taken if necessary.....

soulchaser

"It will be done as you wish, my leader....."

Bows and out ;)

Days later....

"My leader, we didn't want to disturb you, but before everything becomes too expensive, we want to show you our plan. I hope it reflects your thoughts."

Recently Iced

mightygoose

soulchaser

One Last Question:

Quote from: mightygoose on May 04, 2009, 12:45:44 PM
shots to show, a zone layout & the park....

Do you mean the celebratory square, when you said park?

Recently Iced

mightygoose

ah sorry, that should read one of the zone layout, the park & the celebratory square

soulchaser

<< BTN - Bordertown News >>

Anchorman:

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen,

this evening our main topic is the seperation of the Cyclonists in south Bordertown. We got a few rare pics of the actual situation down there.

Here's a view of the Central Business District in Druman's Beach (M).

As you can see, there's also their Central Church, here we have a zoom of it.

Darn, I have this for a long time and finally I could build it without looking weird!

Seems like they've organized their live quite well.
We also got an insider on the phone. As he doesn't want to be recognized, we changed his voice and name.
So, good evening, John."

"Good evening, Mr Sanders."

"So, what can you tell us about the developments in southern Bordertown."

"Well, as you can see on the sent pictures, the town of Druman's Beach (M) was planned in the here propagated way: circular.

This one's the requested one by mightygoose!

For now, the business is going great. As you can see, the industrial area (M) is greatly developed. The income is four times the expenses."

This one, too! ;)

"Wow, John, this is more than any town in the northern part!"

"Oh, really? Might be the reason is the garbage incineration plant, that we built. We buy garbage from southern auxiliaries. I marked the main structures in the sent aerial view."

"Mr. Sanders, for now, this is all I can tell.I have to go back to work now."

"Ok, thank you, John, for the informations."

"You're welcome."

"But there are not only new developments in the south, we got some news over here, too.
Mayor McGrad opened the Seperatists' Park (E) today. In the center of this circular park, there is a ringlike monument, completed by a memorial tablet holding the following words:

Remember those who wring the offal, without them we are not a whole.

He also opened the new education centre in McGrade's Passage (D), which should bring more hightech industries to northern Bordertown. The mayor hopes to rise income with this actions.

Closing this report, we show an updated map of Bordertown showing all the recent information of the south. We can't guarantee any accuracy. (I do ;) ).

And now, let's have an eye on sports news. Last night, the Bordertown Dragons won their first play of this season with four touchdowns......"

Edit: Inserted the requested Pic.

Recently Iced

mike3775

Wow that looks great.  I love the circle farming areas immediately to the left

mightygoose

could i just see an overview showing the park and three part treeline... please i can see it on the map but its hard to tell if its satisfactory, all other counts you have excelled in many many bonus points....

soulchaser

Done, as you wished ;)

Quote from: mike3775 on May 06, 2009, 05:33:53 PM
Wow that looks great.  I love the circle farming areas immediately to the left

Maybe, when the separatits decide to build more farmland, I'll post some more pics of these.

Recently Iced

Korot

Soulchaser, where did you get that (water)tower from the 7th picture, to the left of the education center?

Greetings,
Korot

mightygoose

soulchaser

Quote from: Korot on May 07, 2009, 03:38:29 AM
Soulchaser, where did you get that (water)tower from the 7th picture, to the left of the education center?

Greetings,
Korot

It's the BSC DAE Forest Water Tower and I got it from the stex. It sure is on the lex, too.

It's the Dutch Water Tower Poldertoren and I got it from the stex.

Edit: Wrong tower, sorry;)

Recently Iced

Korot

Thank you, to bad its description is messed up and it doesn't include a read me, as now I've got no clue about its capacity.

soulchaser

a bit too high, I think: it's 20.000, but you can always change it with the common tools, as I do.

Recently Iced

Korot

Agreed, and having a separate model file allows me to make it a CS§§ grow-/plopable, which is what it is today.

mrbisonm

Glad you were able to finish this challenge without too many difficulties again, now did you?. We have taken notice of your pictures and your separatist demand. Thank you.

Now we will take the time again to judge it properly which may take a few days. We will have the time enough to do so since the next challenge will have  two weeks to be worked on.
You still have no right at all to touch the separatists side of the region, but you can build whatever your desire is in your half, of course with fully respecting the general Rules.
Thank you and Good luck. Lynn already started judging some days ago.

Lynn and Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)