• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

8) Eighth Challenge - "Where have all the flowers gone?"

Started by soulchaser, October 20, 2009, 06:07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soulchaser

"...seriously, Bob, which ship are they on?....I can't find them on the lists!!!"

An everyday scene at the new harbour at Arakashee Riverside.

Surrounded by farmlands, the high taxed industry in southern Bordertown allowed to build a huge harbour at the river, protected from the sea.

The industrial society demanded a huge complex, which was only accomplishable by medium earth moving. The harbour bed was digged and the northern slope of Mount Druman got bigger.

Tile F

The harbour has everything that is needed.

A maintenance building:

A lighthouse:

A freight and utilities center with isolated power and water facilities:

They even work at night. Some tourists are comming to Bordertown, only because of the famous nightlights.

The harbour is also well protected from extreme rainfall. We had a big flooddisaster in Lake Wyveren. The biggest wave coming from north of Bordertown even reached the second floor of some buildings!

Tile B

Beyond the harbour not much changed. I updated my Pluginsfolder, so I regrew all of the RCI buildings except the farms.

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

jmyers2043

A nice harbor. I especially like the fishing pier in the picture called 'lighthouse'. That is a good use of those two maxis metal sheds. But looking at the picture makes me think that someone needs to bat some ships at a 45 degree angle.  &idea 

The flood is well executed too. Much better than my disaster for sure. . . .

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

soulchaser

Yes, 45° ships would be perfect, I didn't find any either.

I didn't want to create a disaster that's too common, looked at all the water and my brain screemed "FLOOD".... the darker lines at the buildings are not photoshopped! I actually took the raintool and played god^^...it's actually the real high water mark.

and I thought these little ships were the kind of ships, that navigate the bigger ones into position..don't know their name...maybe, they are actually fishing boats. I downloaded this lot somewhen, somewhere, as it is ;)

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

lynncanox

ouhhh, I like the round fields in your region. The picture with the lighthouse is very beautiful and the big rocks look very good there. Your harbor is done with much care and will give you good points. Nice work, I like it a lot.

Lynn
judge of GRV 2 Challenge