• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AntigOne's Projects: Elsewhere.

Started by Badsim, January 17, 2007, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cubby420

Sorry for the no replies lately...I was so shocked by the work in Antigone that I fell into a coma. I awakened just in time to hear of the latest developments and release plans. I think I should reserve a bed at the hospital if your going to keep this up  $%Grinno$%

lak47

Wow! Absolutely stunning work......I'll just leave it at that.... &apls

samerton

Awesome!  &apls  Your pictures are incredibly realistic.

ecoba

I think we were all too in shock to reply, Cedric ! It's simply fabulous and soo realistic !  :)

Ethan

Nardo69

no comment

Of course no comment - I just recently got all parts of my jaws together that fell to the ground during the last 2 updates ....

Boy, you are torturing that ol'naggin Nardo ... and nothing to nag on ... oh boy, what a bad bad world ...

:D

Take care

AND DO NOT FORGET TO MAKE BACKUPS OF ALL THIS GREAT WORK!!!!

Bernhard

RickD

This is almost too good to be true.  &apls

My only fear is that I will be overwhelmed by the new possibilities.  :P
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Badsim

Burgundy canal , my inspiration .  ;)

Pandora box ...  

Did we open it ? Hmm ... if I remember well this story from Greek mythology ( not from Avatar ! $%Grinno$% ) ends very badly ... without speaking that Antigone herself is doomed to death in the same Greek mythology ...

Well , I can't reverse , so we'll see !  ::)

Modding works from the last days :

I reworked seasonal Narcissus from Orange_o_ . Due to the 3 seasons ( so 3 models ) obligation , I did have to use a trick to simulate as closely than possible the natural rythm of these Daffodils :

The winter version is now simulated with a Vnaoned's fern ( included in the RuralPack through another seasonal MMP ) . Hope you'll like the idea ...  ::)

The RuralPack - something like 30 MMP(s) is finished and currently Orange_o_ is scrutineering and packaging it .Due to its size ( more than 20 Mo ) , it will be splitted in 2 or 3 parts and will be uploaded at Simtropolis first .

Quote from: Nardo69 on March 08, 2011, 05:16:12 PM

AND DO NOT FORGET TO MAKE BACKUPS OF ALL THIS GREAT WORK!!!!

Bernhard

You're going to be the back up !  :D

Well , that's a good point , but I can't stop there . I can't .  %BUd%

I've started to rework Chrisadam's pasture flora MMP(s) . Among them , there are several wild flowers and I've just finished to rework the yellow ones . There are 2 MMP(s) with yellow wild flowers , each ones using 2 models . Firstly , I've re-scaled one model from each MMP so I've got now 2 different sizes of each yellow flowers :

Secondly , I've re-built these MMP(s) as seasonal ones , using the same trick as for Daffodils : a dead fern in winter . The very fist results in AntigOne , associated with Vnaoned's seasonal Jennets :

Spring/Summer :

Autumn/Winter :

Alas , having reworked the models I can't share this work without authorization from their author so this work is devoted to my personal use .Of course , I do have many others ideas & plans , once more that's only a begining ...  $%Grinno$%

*************************************************************************************

So many replies that time , we thank you all very warmly .  ()flower() ... More than praises , it was important for our little team to feel your interest for what we were doing for the community . Now that I'm working following my own way for my own use , that's less important . ( For my concern , the number of views is enough speaking !  :thumbsup: )

Back at work for more surprises ...  ;D

Cédric.

Edit : Quickly made , after I have found some inspiring pictures from Haute-Loire :

If it reminds you some other places from the world , just tell me as I would be very curious to know it ...  ::)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

penguin007

Wow the canal looks amazing can't wait to get my hands on all these plopables!!

Will

Reikhardt

I'm chomping at the bit for these! Splendid work.

Dark_Jedi06

I'm eager to back to Simcitying once the rural pack is released...I didn't want to have to redo the whole rural area I was working on so I just decided to wait. :)

Excellent work my friend. :thumbsup:
...this space to be filled soon...

figui

fabulous work!

just a question: what is the timing of the seasons?

mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

Air6

Fantastic recreations of landscapes from Haute-Loire  :thumbsup:

samerton

That looks incredibly realistic.. purely outstanding  :o  &apls

vnaoned

If I remember well ... the last thing that went out of Pendora Box was Hope.. Am I right?

So keep going...  ;D

And BTW, those fields are amazing!  :thumbsup:

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

peter007

noahclem

Amazing work as always! Sure wish those chrisadams flower revamps could be authorized for a public release  &mmm

Badsim

Quote from: figui on March 09, 2011, 05:46:20 PM

just a question: what is the timing of the seasons?

mauricio.

More complex question that it seems ... the cycle is depending the date you plant your flora with these seasonal MMP(s) . For a northern hemisphere simulation , you're invited to respect the instruction to plant , game on pause , on the 1st of September or the 1st of March for those having modded to show a blossom . Then the following seasons are displayed : Spring/summer ( 6 months from the 1st of March ) , Autumn (3 months from the 1st of September ) and Winter (3 months from the 1st of December )

Arf ... we're working on so many things at the same ( and about the launch of an official team with a devoted board , here at Devotion ... ) that I'm not able to present you a substantial update . Just a few words and pictures about our various works in progress ...

I've just finished my 40th MMP !  ::)

Vnaoned seasonal ploppable trees were modded by Lowkee33 . :thumbsup:  Due to some conflicts between the spring blossom cherry MMP and CP2009a trees ones he sent to me too , I rebuilt them using my own Instances range , icones , item order so these files are now ready to be added to the Rural Pack :)

Vnaoned seasonal trees ( Bare winter ) 7 models .

Vnaoned seasonal cherry tree ( Blossom version) 1 model .

As alredy said on my previous post , I've re-scaled CP2009a trees for my own use ( I can't publicly share modified models files ) , I've also isolated the Sprawly Shrub as a single examplar seasonal MMP , as that's currently the only decent seasonal shrub to fit with an HD environment :

C.P. seasonal Sprawly Shrub . 1 model .

I've created another MMP with 2 models of Bamboo I've foung in a sub-folder of my Plugins , named « Bamboo Forest » and I've no clue about their author ! ( If you recognize them , thanks to let me know ) Once more , I've used SC4 MT to re-scale them ( something like 50% ) .

Bamboo ( unknown author ) . 2 models .

That said , we're studing the possibility to create our own Bamboo's models so we could share them ...  ::)

My very first Timed prop , years ago was the MJB Lilac Purple ( From MJB Prop Pack Vol01 ) I found enough good to represent Epilobiums ( Fireweeds ? ) . Then , to avoid repetitions , I created several Lots with them :

This « dark age » is over . The Lilac Purple has been re-scaled for a better definition and is now a seasonal MMP ( using a dead fern from Vnaoned during autumn/winter ) :

Seasonal Epilobium ( MJB Lilac Purple ) . 1 model .

Everybody knows goldiva's ploppable kayaks and small boats , as they're the only ones available ...

Again , this stuff really looks outdated among an HD environment . What would you say about radio-controlled models for children (and/or adults ! ) instead of ?  ;D

These two models have been isolated , re-scaled and modded as  a new MMP , each model being repeted 4 times to get all possible orientations ...

Radio-controlled boats ( goldiva's ploppables ) . 2 models .

Well , I'm using Manchou's canal set  ( cleared of all its subsidiary props ... ) . Orange_o_  and I have studied the possibily to add a proper bridge to get a barge crossing under it ...

This test phase shows that's more complicated than expected . :D  Air6 is now studing the possibily to create a new canal set definately more proper to reproduce something like the Burgundy canal :

New houseboats ( that one is from Derry/TTC ) are needed too . Yeah , so many things to do that I can't see how we could get bored ...  $%Grinno$%

I don't know if  I'll update AntigOne anymore before September . Next time we'll need to speak about our works in progress , it should be on our devoted board !  ;D

Anyway , it has been a very rich « SC4 season » for me . I learnt so many things and started a extensive & close collaboration with my friends Orange_o_ , Girafe , Air6 , Vnaoned & Yan077 as beta tester . Soon  the first fruits of it in your basket .  ;)

Cédric.

Edit : Not finished but already enough good to be presented :

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Flatron

Oh, le canal de la bourgogne ca me rapelle de mon échange scolaire avec Montbard en 2007.
this pictures remind me of my scolar exchange at montbard in 2007
GOOD WORK

peter007

Yeah. Those boats are sweet.  &apls