• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AntigOne's Projects: Elsewhere.

Started by Badsim, January 17, 2007, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orange_o_

:o What is your beautiful madness.  &apls

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

noahclem

Amazing work with the dead/burnt tree set! Really an interesting an unexpected addition!  :thumbsup:

Glad to hear that you also are careful with your cigarettes--though it's too wet for many forest fires here in Lapland  :satisfied:

chester

ohhhhh. I don't know what else to say. it makes me very sad that these won't be released. its like torture. i really need to learn how to use the ilive reader. I'm afraid of it. your making me want to over come my fear though.

FrankU

It is really really beautiful and realistic.

Sciurus

It's amazing how you do that... &apls but it reminds me the bad news of the fire in La Réunion! :( I think it was your inspiration!

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Battlecat

Jmouse

Oh no! Don't let Champclause burn!

The effects you manage to get without benefit of image-editing software like PhotoShop are stunning. If anyone but you had told me there was no PSing in this batch, I'm not sure I would believe them.

As a rule I'm not fond of disaster photos, but these, and all your other image offerings, are exceptions to every rule I've ever heard of.

The impossible - accomplished with ease and grace - is a common sight in AntigOne...
-Joan

Badsim

Thank you all for your comments ...  :)

Quote from: Jmouse on November 02, 2011, 04:54:12 PM

The effects you manage to get without benefit of image-editing software like PhotoShop are stunning. If anyone but you had told me there was no PSing in this batch, I'm not sure I would believe them.

Héhé ...  ;D Thank you ! At my turn to believe that you believe me ?  :P

Well , this isn't a question of belief but only a question of SC4 native effects available or not as props with LotEditor .  ;D

The line of fire is a line of Effect_tinyfire props ,

The corresponding line of black smoke is a line of Effect_big_industrial_smoke_1 ,

The big explosions of reddening  smoke clouds are EFFECT_HUGE_Smoke_Cloud props ,

That last one needs to be placed in height for a better effect ( and needs some time before to start to be active ) . And this is where things are becoming more complicated : I don't remember to have already seen that huge smoke  effect used on any original Maxix undustrial LOT , this is well known that a lot of things are unfinished and/or unused with SC4 . but ( something I didn't care about untill today ) , that effect is available for me under LE because of that standing alone file in my Plugin : Effect_Props_V1.dat . I don't know the author who has extracted some unused effects from Simcity.dat files , I only know that this file is from November 2004 ... I've spent more than an hour to browse the STEX for that period but I've found nothing ...  ::)

Last precision , these smoke effects need to be powered to work . I've got the Radius_NoTrafficPollution Mod which powers all tiles once you have plopped a power plant somewhere , if you don't have it you can also use the fightthepower code ...

The fireplane ( it looks like an C-130 Hercule ) is another prop available : Tag1x1x3_Fireplane ,

... and the yellowish smoke used as retardant powder , are Effect_SmokeStack props ,

To present the picture in competition , I said it was some old stuff of mine revisited and I thought it was 2 years ago , in fact I made these original LOTs in March 2007 ... the main improvement here is the blackened ground with burnt trees . On the previous page I've shown my personal Dead Trees MMP , so the only missing information is about the blackened ground .

Some stuf from ionionion ; OMco Filling Gravel : http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/25709-omco-filling-gravel/

At the first look ( the picture on the STEX ) I was rather enthusiastic when I downloaded this , but seeing it in game :

I've been disappointed by the sizes and aspect of these props , and I removed them from my Plugins ( as everybody , I take care about the sizes of my Plugin folder ...  $%Grinno$% ) .
But since , I've learnt to use SC4ModelTweaker just like I breathe , so , by resizing and changing kSC4FloraParameterProperties , this is what I get :

As you can see , I took that occasion to create a more narrow rural path ( with the Brown_light prop ) than the one I already created with Heblem's ground props ... ( and new landscaping tools for Champclause  ;D )

And now, the good surprise : you'll find a zip file attached at the end of this post ( you won't see it as Guest ...) with 4 forest fire LOTs ; 1x1 , 1x2 ,1x4 and the fireplane Lot . Being not authorized to share a file which isn't mine , I've extracted the huge smoke effect from my unknown file ( Effect_Props-V1 )  and then joined it to my files . The only dependancy is SA  Cycleways Expansion Pack1 1 , http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/15534-sa-cycleways-expansion-pack-1/ from Shadow Assassin . I'm using his pack as base for my own LOTs for 2 reasons :  the first one is that it has a transparent base texture ( having just a alpha map and not no base texture ) which avoid the additional and boring work to delete base textures with Ilive Reader , the second one is that these LOTs are placed in the health (with  inert health properties ) menu which isn't overcrowded like the park and recreation one . Read carefully the readme file by SA , as you need to delete the grassy versions to only keep the transparent.dat . You'll find these 4 LOTs at the top of your health menu with custom icons :

Have fun  with that little piece of my SC4 world ...  ;)

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

rooker1

I believe Effect_Props_V1.dat is something gizmo did.

Great work Cedric.
Robin
Call me Robin, please.

ldvger

I just found this MD a few days ago and am totally blown away.  Unbelievable work!

I was especially captivated by the River Kit you talked about and posted examples of, as ploppable water has been a big buggaboo for me since the very beginning.  I'm really intrigued by the PWs you have shown and wonder....will they plop on slopes?  Finding good-looking, realistic PW to actually really run downhill, like real water does in real life, has been seemingly an impossible task.  The other huge elephant in the room is the PW to game water transitions, which we all seem to manage to find work-arounds for rather than solutions to.  I've tried several times to start threads that might gather together a braintrust of SC artists in hopes of finally resolving some of these issues, but so far they (the threads, not the artists) all peter out and die after a week or so.  All I really learn is that I am not, thankfully, the only one frustrated with the options for PW available to us.  I hope the ongoing experiments and work of yourself and others goes forward in this area, as it would be wonderful to be able to finally, FINALLY, be able to create realistic water landscapes in our regions.

Lora/LD

FrankU

That is quite some high level lotting you show us here!
And I already thought you had twekaed some existing dirt path stuff for your tiny sand and gravel paths. Pity you can not share these with us. It wouldn't cost others so much time. Like me, being busy with seven other projects at a time...

rambuckel

I missed some updates as it seams ... great pictures  &apls. Especially the overviews!

Thanks for sharing your ideas and the way you realize them ... I guess I can profit from that!

- rambuckel
Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

Framly

What a especially nice Update &apls

I love unusual ideas - very unique :thumbsup:

take care my friend ;)

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

Ol.S / Benoit

Thanks for sharing your work, your creations, your talent...
Very inspiring as always.
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

Jmouse

As always, your work is amazing, but I think the ideas you have - the inspiration - is even more amazing. Who but Cédric would sit down for a work session on Champclause and say, "Mmmmm, I think I'll create a forest fire today."

I wouldn't mind trying my own hand at some of those effects, but I could never hope for the kind of results you get, seemingly with ease. I especially like the narrow light brown sand. Those four plop props have had an immense effect on the possibilities for realism in rural settings. In fact, they are the first trail- or path-making medium I would use. The others are much too heavy IMO.

I eagerly await further developments in the fascinating life of Champclause...
-Joan

Badsim

Replies ...

Quote from: rooker1 on November 03, 2011, 12:52:04 PM
I believe Effect_Props_V1.dat is something gizmo did.

You're right Robin , that file is from Gizmo indeed ... I've registered to his site and downloaded an uptaded version (2006) : Effect_Props_V2 . Most of these effects are just to be considered as curiosities , but I'm going to study a few of them , thinking about some interesting possibilities  ::)  ... Thank you very much . :)

Quote from: ldvger on November 05, 2011, 01:18:59 PM
I just found this MD a few days ago and am totally blown away.  Unbelievable work!

I was especially captivated by the River Kit you talked about and posted examples of, as ploppable water has been a big buggaboo for me since the very beginning.  I'm really intrigued by the PWs you have shown and wonder....will they plop on slopes?  Finding good-looking, realistic PW to actually really run downhill, like real water does in real life, has been seemingly an impossible task.  The other huge elephant in the room is the PW to game water transitions, which we all seem to manage to find work-arounds for rather than solutions to.  I've tried several times to start threads that might gather together a braintrust of SC artists in hopes of finally resolving some of these issues, but so far they (the threads, not the artists) all peter out and die after a week or so.  All I really learn is that I am not, thankfully, the only one frustrated with the options for PW available to us.  I hope the ongoing experiments and work of yourself and others goes forward in this area, as it would be wonderful to be able to finally, FINALLY, be able to create realistic water landscapes in our regions.

Lora/LD

Hi Lora , that's an honor to see you there . As 3RR  fan , I've always been interested by your very well-argued posts , thoughts , questioning (and frustration ...  ;D ) and by  your meticulous MD , San Francisco recreation  :) ... Speaking about PW & ploppable waters , I hope some great improvements from another David ( Orange_o_ ) , when he will decide to work about them seriously (I mean « once for all »  ;D ) ... This is a link to his thread on that subject-matter : http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13853.0

Quote from: FrankU on November 05, 2011, 01:52:38 PM
... Pity you can not share these with us. It wouldn't cost others so much time. Like me, being busy with seven other projects at a time...

I agree so much Frank ! ... the necessity of « copyright » is evident but on another side  , that's a serious bridle to creation indeed .  ::)

Quote from: Jmouse on November 08, 2011, 08:47:15 PM

I eagerly await further developments in the fascinating life of Champclause...
-Joan

Thank you , Joan . :) Ideas for Champclause are coming faster than I can release them so you should not be disappointed  ;D ... in fact , I do have regrets that Champclause is a medium city tile and not a larger one ! The forest fire scene is on a neighboring small city tile and the region is now a total mess ... for some others reasons ( that I'm going to describe in that post ) , I'm seriously thinking about archiving all I've done so far , to start again with a virgin and safe region ...  ;)

rambuckel , Hendrick , Benoit , thank you for your comments .  :thumbsup:

I'm currently still working to improve all the MMPs I'm using , what's done so far :

Jeroni's Dirty Water 1x , model resized for 1 meter wide stream , new properties .

Jeroni's Dirty Water 2x , model resized for 2 meters wide stream , new properties .

Jeroni's Dirty Water 1,5x , model resized for 3 meters wide stream , new properties .

Jeroni's Bushes , models resized , new properties .

Jeroni's Moistured Small Rocks , models resized , new properties .

Jeroni's Moistured Big Rocks , models resized , new properties .

Jeroni's Garbage , 7 new items added , new properties .

Chrisadam's Blue Bonnets B , models resized , new properties , seasonal .

Chrisadam's White Flowers , models resized , new properties , seasonal .

Chrisadam's Green Grass , models resized , new properties , seasonal .

Chrisadam's Yellow Flowers A&B , models resized , new properties , seasonal .

Chrisadam's WeedsB , models resized , new properties , seasonal .

Chrisadam's Johnson Grass , models resized , new properties .

Chrisadam's Reed Grass , models resized , new properties .

C.P. Beach Logs , models resized , new properties .

Murimk's Bikers ,models resized , new properties .

jestarr's Sheeps , new properties .

Pegasus' Shoreline Clusters , models resized , new properties .

SFBT knapp's Motorhomes , models resized , creation fo the MMP .

But I've aslo reworked the VIP RuralPack MMPs , Murimk's bedrocks , nbvc's rock clusters , Pegasus' boulders , various dead trees , Heblem's & ionionion's ground textures , C.P. Trees 2009a ... this is why I don't have that much time to spend on these forums .  $%Grinno$%

The new possiblities with these new MMPs are truly impressive . It would be too much work to describe them all at a time , so I'll do it as I will use them in the future . Here a picture from the city tile where I test them :

I've unfortunately to face a resulting problem : there's now so much outdated and reworked stuff  saved in their original versions and in various city tiles that I think that this region is living its last days ... I'm already searching for a new map to play with my SimCity5   ;D , something with a few mountains ( but mostly hilly ) , no sea shore and no river as I intend to work on rural theme and use ploppable waters exclusively . If everything goes like I see it , Champclause is the only city tile that I will transfer on that new map .  ::)

Quote from: FrankU on September 12, 2011, 01:37:31 AM
This is an extremely beautiful French village! May I go there on vacation? Is there a Gite somewhere?

You've been finally heard Frank !  ;D  I'm pleased to present you Champclause's  vacation centre :

I tried to do something  modern but with integrated architecture to its environment , BATs are from JBSimio ( & new HD cyclists from Girafe ...  &apls ).

To end this post , a few words about what I'm working on too : cows & calfs .

Manchou , who is now a VIP Team member , has released a cow props pack with 63 cows : 21 « normal » cows , 21 grazing cows and 21 slept ( is it a proper translation ?  ::) ) cows . The 21 grazing cows MMP and 21 slept cows MMP are done :

Manchou's Grazing Cows .

Manchou's Slept Cows .

At the same time , I've reworked jestarr's cows , resizing them with inconstant factors for height , width and depth so they look rather like calfs than miniature cows :

jestarr's Calfs brown & white .

jestarr's Calfs brown .

jestarr's Calfs « Hereford » .

jestarr's Calfs « Angus » .

This isn't perfect but better than nothing .  :P

Then , I've had another idea : to use the seasonal possibilities of  MMPs to vary the cows models through the seasons ...

For some of them , I  even intend to replace the cows model by a cowpat one  ... Note : seasons are just an Modding indication there ; you will not have to respect any calendar to plop that « false » flora ! I intend to release about 40 of these  « seasonal » cows . That's a tedious planning and particularly time consuming Modding , but I think it is worthwhile and that work will be then uploaded on the STEX , with the VIP Team label ...  ;)

Back at work .

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

FrankU

Beautiful, beautiful....what can I say more?

(Well: OK, none thing: it's sleeping cows, not slept cows)

Are you going to release these things? Then again I can start all over again!

chester

I can't get enough of these pictures. i am always so impressed with what i see here. the amount of custom modding you do really shows in all your pictures. keep it up, its well worth the effort.   :thumbsup:

rooker1

You are just too talented my friend.
The cows and the calfs look great.  Actually gave me alittle chuckle.  I said to myself, "What else is Cedric going to make seasonal?"

Robin &apls
Call me Robin, please.

Delecto

Great job my friend.  ;)
But where are you going to stop?  :D

SAM.