• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AntigOne's Projects: Elsewhere.

Started by Badsim, January 17, 2007, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tb7

Very nice textures - a "want have";D

Kergelen

Links to SC4 websites

InvaderNat

Quote from: Badsim on January 12, 2014, 09:17:26 AMBanners are from New York Street Props from Hanson784 .To use with LotEditor.
Thanks, I'll hopefully be able to put them to good use. They look perfect for Euro-style streets.

benedict

Congratulations, Timelord Badsim, you're back at number one on Ben's Top Ten AND you're number one on the Time Machine this week.

Edit 24/01/14: And well done on retaining the top spot this week.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

Badsim

Quote from: benedict on January 19, 2014, 07:38:55 AM
Congratulations, Timelord Badsim, you're back at number one on Ben's Top Ten AND you're number one on the Time Machine this week.

Edit 24/01/14: And well done on retaining the top spot this week.

Ten days ago , it was the 7th anniversary of AntigOne at SC4Devotion ... the 2 previous years of AntigOne have disappeared for ever with the closure of simphoni.net ... yes , not only activity here at Devotion is slowly but surely decreasing but some SC4 related sites shut down . Quite worrying .  At least your statistics  &apls , Benedict , warm my heart and I hope to be there as long as AntigOne will stay a source of inspiration . I don't believe that any game as open to creativity than SC4 will be released in a near future . Nor in a distant future .   $%Grinno$%

Quote from: art128 on January 12, 2014, 10:20:11 AM
Not even finished lotting and I'm already speechless. Good job Cédric!

Arthur , thanks for your comment , I know you're a Parisian , so you should be particularly well placed to evaluate this update , even  knowing that « classical » parks aren't your favorites ...  $%Grinno$% :P :thumbsup:

Quote from: cmdp123789 on January 12, 2014, 10:23:48 AM
Are we gonna see a recreation of Paris again? IT LOOKS SUPERB!!! I cnat believe thats actually simcity 4... wow

Cmdp123789 , thanks for your comment ... No , I didn't intend to work about an accurate recreation of Paris again , I want to stay free to mix various style and BATs , but for sure , Xannepan's ones are the most inspiring for me .

Quote from: tb7 on January 15, 2014, 04:28:05 AM
Very nice textures - a "want have";D

About the textures set , I'm enriching it and even if I think that  these textures are very specific to my needs , I'm curious to see what people would do with them , so , I'll upload them with a link to an hosting site , at the end of March I think , before to stop my SC4 activities for 6 months , as usual . For the time being this is what we have :

Quote from: Delecto on January 12, 2014, 10:53:47 AM
:shocked2: %BUd% ?=mad)=

Damn, finally someone who creates sidewalk's textures as I have always dreamed of! It's absolutely beautiful Cédric, I'm jealous.  ::) :thumbsup:

Thanks Sam , if only I could BAT as you are BATing ...  &apls ... so we have all a reason to be jealous ! :P $%Grinno$%

Quote from: FrankU on January 13, 2014, 01:13:41 AM
Everything looks realistic. Really fabulous work!

Thanks Frank , I'm following ( and waiting eagerly for ) your rural releases with Fred , however , pity that's not HD  ... while It's could be done easily even with Gmax : oversized models rendered , then resizing with SC4MT ?  ::)

Arnau , InvaderNat , Gugu3 , thank you !  :thumbsup:

Picture from the previous update :

Time to see how things turn :

Luxembourg Gardens Part One .

( ... which means that some other parts are planned .)

Of course , all this stuff is MODed for a seasonal ballet ...

Although this isn't a perfect recreation respecting the original layout , notably , I'm trying there to catch the spirit of these gardens , most probably the most romantic Parisian place with its profusion of classical and contemporary statues , flower beds «  à la française » , fountains , potted palms & Mediterranean plants . If you have an occasion to visit Paris in spring or summer , this is a « must see » more surely than to wait for your turn at the Eiffel Tower lifts  ...  ;D

Two pictures about the planning of Luxembourg Gardens Part Two :

... an  amount of work which is gonna take me the two next week , surely . At first I intended to make something smaller and a lot more simple than reality , but I feel inspired ... moreover , I can't end this post without repeating how grateful I am for Alex's Parisian work and set . How lucky we are that somebody  picked up the torch since Porkissimo's retirement .  Not to forget N1_2888's Parisian residential BATs which are gonna be precious with their particular angles , nor Debussyman's Parisian landmarks .  &apls &apls &apls &apls

Thanks for your attentions ! ;)

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Gugu3

I'm speachless...the level of detail is absolutely incredible and your recreation looks exactly like its real life counterpart...with your CJ you're bringing SC4 to another level...doesn't even look liek the same game

art128

The various BAT genius really did a great job with their creations. You made them look spectacular in your setups, Cédric.

I indeed am not a fan of classical styled park. Nor parks in general. But for having been in the Luxembourg Park quite a bit ( my old school was right in front, that helps ) I can say you've created the aspect of it very well. Just like Diderot said about the china vase painting " C'est que ce vase de porcelaine est de la porcelaine " Your pictures showing a virtual recreation of paris are (almost) Paris itself.

As you said, I'm a Parisian. This means I can't overlook a few details.
First off, there are no trams running in the center of Paris. But I have to agree it does look good with one. Would be extremely better if the tram had the color of RATP.
The markings on the road. What are those bright red paints? I've never seen them before IRL. Also about markings, I think the yellow/black lines at the tram level are a bit excessive. We just have white lines and dashed lines here. Oh and I've never seen bright blue painted GIG GIC parking lots before in the streets.. But by googling It seems they do exist.

Keep up the good work, Cédric. This park isn't going to be easy to finish. ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

kelis

What a beautiful update ! I like so much all those little details !!

I couldn't wait to see more of your urban scenes, lately you were focused making more rural scenes, of course everybody enjoy watching every of your updates, does not matter if it is rural or more urban, but I prefer updates like this. Everything fits perfectly, all those details are perfect, like the toy boats floating in the fountain...I think those little details make each image a work of art, so congratulations my friend, great job !!

# Jonathan
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

w_swietwoot

Wow, very tasty. This is what sc4+plugins is all about.  &apls

RepublicMaster

The sense of detail is amazing! Every little stone looks like it has been carefully placed.

Your work as paid off, wonderful update! :D

scott1964

Looks very nice. Wished my towns looked like that.  :)

APSMS

I know these are probably un-uploadable lots, because of the dependency hunting involved (and the fact that there's a lot I'm not seeing in the photos). One can dream...

At any rate, wow...I'm simply speechless. I mean, even model yachts in the pond? How does one even get those there w/o screwing something else up and having to delete it all. Very well done and thought out, and thoroughly impressive. I wouldn't be surprised if this stayed at the top of BTT for a long time, considering the quality and absurd amount of photos you posted. Kinda makes my efforts look half-baked at best.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

whatevermind

WOW!  &apls

It's not just even the incredible recreation...you actually captured the spirit of Paris in those scenes. Just, wow!

tb7

Your pics are absolutly amazing! ...  &apls

Thanks a lot for the posibility in the near future to download your fantastic textures!
I made also some pics of real streetstuff. But then I saw other SC4-things to do. Now I'm soooo glad, to see all my thoughts (and much more :) ) implemented!  ;D

Quote from: Badsim on January 27, 2014, 06:30:03 AMI don't believe that any game as open to creativity than SC4 will be released in a near future . Nor in a distant future .   $%Grinno$%
<- my thoughts too.
Also - our hardware even is not that good to make a whole 3D-SC. With Lego-look and less simulation its possible, but with high texture-quality and at least the same deepness of sim? Maybe in some years.

thanks Badsim, thanks SC4-Community!  ()stsfd()

Bipin

Amazing work! There's really nothing else quite like it.

MTT9

What an amzing projetct! I can't believe the level of detail in every pic. Congratulations :)
You can call me Matt

Girafe

We never know what to say with genius.  :satisfied:

Just sit and look during hours

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

rambuckel

I had a short look at these brilliant yesterday and I knew I'd have to come back with a lot more time to really enjoy them! So I took my coffee and spent my lunch break watching these brilliant creations! Thanks for sharing!!!!  &apls &apls &apls
Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

Simcoug

I always find wonderful inspiration while looking through your updates.  The amount of detail is stunning - well done!  &apls

Yan077

I can't believe what I've seen, I must be dreaming...  /wrrd%&
Euh...

:o

Thank you Cedric for making our dreams of SimCity come true...

&apls &apls &apls