• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedgren

Oh, Man!  Yeah, Baby!!!  It Works!!!

This is the same point on the West Fork of the Little Leaf- the upstream end of Thunder Crack.

It takes a couple of custom rapids lots and some careful terraforming, but the in-game result just has to be seen to be believed.  Big rapids that start and end in game water... I should have figured this one out a long, long time ago.

John (Darmok)-

Quoteis that some kind of new ploppable water that I don't know about?

No, it's the same old PW, just done outside the box (or streambed, or whatever...)

Lots and a tutorial are in the queue.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Jmouse

Absolutely breathtaking, and available to knock the wind out of a few daredevil tourists with more guts than brains no doubt!  :thumbsup:

tkirch

That is a truely amazing piece of work.  Not only did it work it looks awesome!!!

thundercrack83

Simply remarkable! If you looked up "seamless ploppable to game water transition" in the dictionary (why you would, I don't know), it would be those pictures above. Outstanding job, my friend!

BigSlark

Impressive. Simply impressive.  &apls

Cheers,
Kevin

meldolion

Awesome work David!!! I just love the way you shape the region.... Can't wait for the collaboration to start...

Shadow Assassin

Gah, the optical illusion!

I know it's flat, but my eyes are trying to tell me that the water flows downhill. :D
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

dedgren

Shadow, does this help any?

Hee.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

flame1396

Your forests are unmatched!

I love the canyon
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

Badsim

So good to have again pictures about your wonderful skill for that kind of landscape... I'll be never tired of ....

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on July 02, 2007, 05:50:28 AM
Gah, the optical illusion!

I know it's flat, but my eyes are trying to tell me that the water flows downhill. :D

That's right . Amazing . &apls &apls &apls

This (or these ) stream lot(s) without base texture is (are) perfect . :thumbsup:

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

pvarcoe

What I also find amazing is that the space between the 2 spots of game water must be at a higher elevation that the game water itself....
and yet the illusion looks pretty much flawless.

I am going to be able to put this to such good use, it's not funny.

Thanks in advance David!!

Phil

BigSlark

David,

I'm having problems wrapping my head around these new rapids. Thank goodness I have a relatively flat quad...

Cheers,
Kevin

Shadow Assassin

LOL, no it doesn't, but it still looks awesome anyway.  $%Grinno$%

I know it's probably really flat, but it's just the way the shot is, SC4 doesn't really allow much room for depth perception due to the camera. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

jestarr

Illusory or not, it's very effective and looks super!  You have a great future in the landscaping business. ;D  By the way David, that effort to not start anything new only lasted one day. :P

flame1396

Wow I missed some pics.... That is some nice work on the rapids i thought it was another plop stream to game water....
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

thundercrack83

I don't know what to say. I really don't! It's all been said already. Fantastic work, my friend. Absolutely fantastic.

joerg

Amazing stuff here David, you know alot of people tell me my journals and stuff inspire them, and i feel very honored to have had an impact like that.  So i just wanted to let you know that Three Rivers is actually what took me back to simcity and your work on the region has inspired me in many many ways.  Thanks for all the hard work and I cant wait to see more.  I tend to lurk alot so sorry for this being my first reply.

dedgren

I'll take some time over the holiday tomorrow (4th of July, US) to respond to the great recent comments.

Here's some pics of a ploppable water to game water stream transition using a variation of the recent custom rapids lots.  The last pic really shows, I think, what can be achieved with this technique.

I'm still tweaking the plop water "game ground" lots, and have another idea or two up my sleeve.  It (hint, hint, if anyone with some modest BAT skills would like to help out) involves the creation of a couple of small, "flat" props...

Court today- later.

David

p.s.  Big announcements coming soon in the airport project.  -DE
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

flame1396

Ahh.... eye candy....

The rapids look a tad sparse in some areas though. But they look awesome heading into the game water

Schulmanator

Now, that's some truly impressive work! 3RR just gets better by the day. This wooded stream area is a work of art. 3RR is blurring the distinction between SC4 and RL!  &apls :thumbsup: &apls :thumbsup: &apls :thumbsup:
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0