• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thundercrack83

Quote from: Nexis on September 30, 2008, 11:51:57 AM
Is there a possibility of Making a Transport Map that shows the RHW's?

See the FAQ in the stickied post at the top.

Patricius Maximus

QuoteWhy doesn't the RHW show up on the Region Transport Map View in-game?  Can this issue be fixed?

This issue cannot be fixed.   

The RHW Network is based on a road network which Maxis left hidden and unfinished, but was revived by the NAM Team.  As such, it was not programmed to show up on the Region Transport Map, and it appears this functionality is locked into the .exe, and thus, there is nothing we can do.

There is, however, a workaround, using the "DrawPaths" cheat from Buggi's SC4ExtraCheats.dll file (found here).  Run the cheat in game, and then save the tile.  Upon exiting the city tile, all transit networks will be visible.  (RHWs and Maxis Highways will appear green, while surface streets will appear blue.)  The one (and only) drawback is that these new path lines are visible in both the Satellite and Transport views.

pilotdaryl

No surprise here....
We all know you're releasing it on the 3rd anniversary.... $%Grinno$%

Tarkus

Not necessarily. ::)  There's plenty of noteworthy dates coming up in the next . . . oh . . . few months.  (That's all I'll give you. $%Grinno$%)  Of course, it might be too obvious if I release it on a noteworthy date. 

I could really be mean and post a poll, too . . .  &idea ()flamdev()

More teasers coming in a bit.

-Alex (Tarkus)

pagenotfound

Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

metarvo

Teasing, yet pleasing.  I await the next teaser, that's for sure. :)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

nerdly_dood

"Teasing yet pleasing", eh? I MUST claim this as a new often-quoted phrase... it's ELOQUENT and ¡me gusta mucho!

Awaiting updates.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Tarkus

Finally, the teaser arrives . . .

Reintegrated this . . .

(I have an MIS-RHW-4 transition textured, too, and just need to get it in-game--it'll be puzzle-piece based rather than draggable.)

And more elevated stuff . . .

I have a fairly good idea of what all is going in now, too . . .

Back with more in a little bit. ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

Ryan B.

That's amazing, Alex!  Stuff like this definitely has a place in Orleans County.

Streetlight 725

un1

Yay! Proper OWW/MIS connections!!!  ;D

Amazing progress,
-un1

papab2000

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Visit my mapping thread: linkie
Post pic's of your NHP Mapped Regions linkie

Sheep49

I see some great updates here! Everything looks nice indeed :thumbsup:
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

metarvo

I will never get tired of this. ;D  I heard something, though:

Quote from: Tarkus on October 02, 2008, 11:45:56 AM
(I have an MIS-RHW-4 transition textured, too, and just need to get it in-game--it'll be puzzle-piece based rather than draggable.)

Does this mean that the MIS-OWR transition is draggable? :o
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Patricius Maximus

I can hardly take it anymore -- draggable EL-MIS, MIS-OWR transition that's draggable; what a tease you are. I trust it is closer to release... or is that wishful thinking?

Tarkus

Quote from: metarvo on October 02, 2008, 03:02:31 PM
Does this mean that the MIS-OWR transition is draggable? :o
Yes, indeed, the OWR-MIS transition is indeed fully draggable.  As is that MIS overpass. :)

Quote from: Patricius Maximus on October 02, 2008, 03:46:08 PM
I trust it is closer to release... or is that wishful thinking?

It is indeed closer to release.  Can't say how close, but I do have a fairly clear idea as to what all is going to be included now. 

I would also advise that if you don't have the current RHW, but want to play with it before Version 21 comes out, download it now.  More than likely, just as I did last release, I'll lock the current files shortly before the release of the new version, to prevent potential conflicts.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Patricius Maximus

QuoteIt is indeed closer to release.  Can't say how close, but I do have a fairly clear idea as to what all is going to be included now.

I think I have a good idea as well. I'm glad it is closer to release.

QuoteI would also advise that if you don't have the current RHW, but want to play with it before Version 21 comes out, download it now.  More than likely, just as I did last release, I'll lock the current files shortly before the release of the new version, to prevent potential conflicts.

Hmm... Big hint there *reads recent history*

- Patricius Maximus

Tarkus

I made good on my threat and posted a "prediction" poll . . .  $%#Ninj2 ()flamdev()

It's the season for teasin' . . .

-Alex (Tarkus)

un1

Wow Tarkus.  :D

(I selected Early December because I wan't it to be realesed on my birthday.  ;D)

I think time is coming......

-un1

Pat

Alex I think maybe if we are luckie we'll get something in ohh about sometime in 2009  ;D  and that is my vote I am sticking to it lol....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie