• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Lightning

You draw it out by drawing 3 parallel curves.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

fafalone

I bulldozed a large intersection built with RHW3 in order to re-do it with the new version, however it had a couple OWR tunnels going under it and a pond in the middle of a exit loop, and whenever I go to use the level tool on it, I get a CTD within seconds. I'm at a loss for an explanation.

alfadriver12345

Thanks Tarkus-Alex for the response.So let me get this staight-As long as the pieces are used correctly(I use LHD version) it doesn't matter which way the arrows point or if you use the "In" or the "Out" to make the connection ()what().(Sorry for being so stupid,I just finished night shift so my brains a bit slow).Cheers  :thumbsup:

schm0

Quote from: schm0 on May 12, 2010, 08:45:40 PM
Hello everyone,

I am having problems using the newest RHW... specifically when using the curved 45 degree puzzle pieces for RHW2 and the eye-candy pieces for the center lines. It crashes to the desktop (it's frozen completely once or twice as well) after 20+ minutes of play time, but works for the most part otherwise. I've been able to cope by constantly saving, but it's rather frustrating and it has happened consistently since install.

Each time I am placing the pieces on top of an existing RHW network. It only seems to happen when using the eye-candy or curve pieces, and not when using the RHW in general.

I am using a brand new install of the NAM (i.e. removed the entire directory, reinstalled and repackaged) along with the RHW, SAM and RAM along with all of the custom bridges. I do not have any other traffic or network mods installed.

My initial thoughts are to run SC4 with nothing but the NAM/RHW and see if I still have the problem.

SC4 crashed with just the NAM/RHW/Bridges, etc. running after placing a puzzle piece only 4 clicks into the game. Any ideas?

Anyone happen to know why this is happening? Sorry to bump my own post, but I hadn't received a response.
schm0

Terring7

Are there near transit enable lots? Hovering a puzzle piece over transit enable lots will make the game crash.
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

schm0

Nope, this is open land and the RHW. I am placing the curve and eye candy pieces on top of existing RHW, if that makes any difference.
schm0

Tarkus

Quote from: schm0 on May 15, 2010, 01:14:11 PM
Nope, this is open land and the RHW. I am placing the curve and eye candy pieces on top of existing RHW, if that makes any difference.

I'm not entirely sure what is causing that--I'll see if I can replicate something on my end.  It's possible there might be something else at play there as well.

-Alex

CaptCity

Not a huge issue with this one, but it appears the preview image for the FARHW2 - RHW2 Long Curve piece is the same image as the regular road FAR curve piece. I noticed it after putting Sithlrds sidewalk textures back in the plugins and got this...

Without the textures, it appears as this...

Looks like the regular road in the preview. The piece plops fine, it's just the preview image. Not a big deal, just thought I'd mention it...

Andreas

I'd assume the RHW folks was just lazy (or let's say they were trying to save IDs) and used the Road FAR Curve preview for the FARHW Curve preview as well - it just becomes more obvious if you use sithlrd98's mod. ;)
Andreas

Tarkus

Actually, we had a proper FARHW-2 Long Curve preview model in one of the builds, but some of the testers who were in Software Rendering mode reported some issues, so we swapped it out with the Road one as at least an interim measure.  My working hypothesis as to why it was happening was the higher poly count of that preview model due to the fact that it was using MORPH technology, and it was a bit much for the Software Rendering to handle.

And that gave me another thought--schm0, are you by chance using Software Rendering?

-Alex

Shadow Assassin

QuoteMy working hypothesis as to why it was happening was the higher poly count of that preview model due to the fact that it was using MORPH technology, and it was a bit much for the Software Rendering to handle.

The model looked like it was corrupted... hardware rendering just ignored the invalid vertices while software rendering tried to render it as best as it could even though the coordinates were invalid... end result: crashy-crashy.

QuoteI'd assume the RHW folks was just lazy (or let's say they were trying to save IDs) and used the Road FAR Curve preview for the FARHW Curve preview as well

Quick and dirty fix. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

swamp_ig

Very much enjoying 4.0!

Here's a bug report: On sharp corners with ELMIS, the corner piece is missing. Compare with the normal MIS

Shadow Assassin

That's because it hasn't been done for elevated MIS yet.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

MandelSoft

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on May 16, 2010, 02:10:55 AM
The model looked like it was corrupted... hardware rendering just ignored the invalid vertices while software rendering tried to render it as best as it could even though the coordinates were invalid... end result: crashy-crashy.

And if you were lucky enough, you would see this:

Ugh!
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Blue Lightning

Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

j-dub

Oh yeah, I hated that long FARHW-2 curve puzzle piece glitch. Even on completely empty land of open field flat terrain, seeing that meant doom, then boom! CRASH But that was then, and hopefully not now for everyone else.

Korot

Quote from: Blue Lightning on May 16, 2010, 11:11:16 AM
I think some of you will be happy....

<snip>

YES! FLEXFLY can turn to the right! Now my interchanges don't cause high blood pressure levels when building them! Thank you! But how long will it take before they are released? 5.0, or 4.1, which we'll hopefully can play with before the end of the year?

And a request: 45 degree FLEXFLY, ergo: orthogonal to diagonal and back. Just so you can curve across your RHW without a one tile 'gap'.

Regards,
Korot

Blue Lightning

A2 will be v4.1, along with RUL fixes of FLEXFly. As for 45 degree turns, I've penciled them in for somewhere around v4.4.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

noahclem

I'm happy :)

Look forward to 4.1! Any penciling-in with regard to FLEXFly over the widest networks or RHW-4 FLEXFly?

Korot

While we're busy requesting things: When will El-RHW2 come out? Ergo: for which version are they planned? And also a intersection between C and D, one that leaves a one tile gap between the RHW-4 and MIS lane. C gives you no gap, while D requires a minimal two tile gap. Ergo: I'm requesting a C-wide.
And the ability for all EL-networks to overpass something wider than an RHW-4.Goes off to NWM thread to make requests.

Regards,
Korot