• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FLEX Turn Lanes (FTL) and Related Projects - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, August 01, 2009, 09:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

debutterfly

Hey Alex, will these eventually be integrated with the NWM? Anyway, love the dev pics. :) Keep 'em comin'. Kinda off game, if anyone plays Strat-o-matic Baseball, I just had my first no-hitter occur with only two walks and no errors.  ;D  A perfect game through 7 innings. Anyone who wants to know more about the game here's a link

Larry (debutterfly)

Edit- Alex you may want to add a sticky post on the top of every page like the RHW Thread.  :)

Toichus Maximus

this promises to be an excellent project! great work, guys.

just_a_guy

I see a great future in this project. It will awesome just all of your other projects Alex. Nice work
Come and check out my BATting works at:

Just_a_Guy's attempts at BATing

j-dub

Quote from: TarkusI've still got some color correction to do here, and may adjust the crosswalk spacing:
It seems the lines are too close on the single avenue turn lane one, so, just a suggestion:

CONCEPT ART ONLY

allan_kuan1992

I like how TuLEP is going =)
That avenue intersection of course will probably need a few sidewalk tweaks but it looks good so far.

I also feel like calling the project under the moniker "TULIP" for some strange reason =P

= Allan Kuan

WC_EEND

Quote from: allan_kuan1992 on August 07, 2009, 03:25:19 PM
That avenue intersection of course will probably need a few sidewalk tweaks but it looks good so far.

I also feel like calling the project under the moniker "TULIP" for some strange reason =P

= Allan Kuan

hehe, same here
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

simzebu

Quote from: allan_kuan1992 on August 07, 2009, 03:25:19 PM

= Allan Kuan
I think it could work. Turning Lane Intersection Project. Or Turning Utility Lane or something, if you want to use all of the letters.
Known as Embolalia in numerous other places.

Penguins, Python, and Programming, oh my!

joelyboy911

The 'I' could stand for Improvement.

Sorry to drag the thread back on topic, but I think the tyre lines are a bit intense in the middle of that ave intersection. They're a bit to griddy and sharp for my particular liking. Colour correction will make this project 100% perfect. Everything else is great, but I wonder, will left turning lanes be included (erm, right hand for most of you guys) ie. slip lanes? They are becoming increasingly common on avenue type roads where I live, as well as 2 lane roads in some spots.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

NaliLeader

Wow.

Will right turn lanes be included in some of the pieces?  Because that is common on many arterial roads.
I am not a leader ;)

tamorr

This might seem like a silly question, but there will be a Left Hand driving compadible version correct?
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."

Tarkus

Thanks for all the comments and feedback, everyone.  I'll have some development here soon to show you guys, but first, I'll respond to a few comments/questions.

Quote from: mrtnrln on August 07, 2009, 02:36:33 AM
By the way, I wouldn't mind to eurofy these TuLEPs pieces

That'd be fantastic--thanks for the offer! :)

Quote from: debutterfly on August 07, 2009, 06:56:51 AM
Hey Alex, will these eventually be integrated with the NWM?

Yes, that is the plan.  I'll have further details on that at some point.

Quote from: j-dub on August 07, 2009, 01:26:24 PM
It seems the lines are too close on the single avenue turn lane one, so, just a suggestion:

That was my thought, too.  Thanks for the suggestion!  I really quite like it and will probably end up doing something similar.

Quote from: joelyboy911 on August 08, 2009, 02:58:34 PM
Sorry to drag the thread back on topic, but I think the tyre lines are a bit intense in the middle of that ave intersection. They're a bit to griddy and sharp for my particular liking.

I agree there as well.  I've been playing around with the Smudge tool in GIMP to see if I can minimize it, and thus far, the results are looking good.  I'll have more on that soon.

Quote from: joelyboy911 on August 08, 2009, 02:58:34 PM
Everything else is great, but I wonder, will left turning lanes be included (erm, right hand for most of you guys) ie. slip lanes? They are becoming increasingly common on avenue type roads where I live, as well as 2 lane roads in some spots.

Yes, absolutely.  Slip lanes are a big thing here, too.

Quote from: NaliLeader on August 08, 2009, 03:40:49 PM
Will right turn lanes be included in some of the pieces?  Because that is common on many arterial roads.

Affirmative.  Both right turn lane and slip lane setups are planned.

Quote from: tamorr on August 08, 2009, 04:13:38 PM
This might seem like a silly question, but there will be a Left Hand driving compadible version correct?

Correct indeed--all NAM Team products are designed to be LHD compatible.  The LHDification work will probably be one of the last things put in place before release.

And for those of you who have been wondering about traffic signals, well, there's some very good news for youBlue Lightning and I have made some substantial progress in figuring out the animation setup.

-Alex

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Any chance the project will extend to the T-Avenue intersection?
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

KoV Liberty

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Tarkus

Rough draft of the aforementioned 100% chance:

Going to move the crosswalks back a bit, and of course, I still need to color-correct it.

-Alex

KoV Liberty

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

joelyboy911

Looks good to me. Another great use of this mod would be prioritising roads, ie. two 2 lane roads intersect: It is not necessarily true that both roads have equal usage, so only one of them might have turning lanes. Also, maybe you could do an improvement on intersections where an avenue turns 90 degrees, and on the turn a road or one way road joins it. Heres an example at the intersection of Princess St. and Ferguson St. in my home town: Palmerston North, New Zealand

If you wish to see it larger, click it.

If anyone was wondering, the green bits are bike lanes. Not sure if these feature in other parts of the world?
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Ryan B.

Alex, looks good there! 

Any chance the middle lane could be made for both left and right turns?

deathtopumpkins

Or even two left turn lanes? That's usually the case around here. In fact often the right turn lane would be added to the right side. It looks incredible as-is though.  ;)
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores