• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FLEX Turn Lanes (FTL) and Related Projects - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, August 01, 2009, 09:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Quote from: sitejunction on May 21, 2010, 02:48:02 PM
OK i got you. Just another suggestion
What about something like this or something similar to this
http://img704.imageshack.us/i/asymetrialtintturnlane.jpg/

The intersection geometry there would be a bit tricky.  It'd require a rather specialized transition piece on the north end that I don't think would be of much use outside of that particular case, which makes it a rather unlikely candidate for future addition.

-Alex

jdenm8

is a piece to patch this little gap of mine in development to something like ARD3?

I just can't configure this intersection any better.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

kassarc16

I'd say even just basic avenue would work, though arrows would be nice.

By the way, is that a T21 replacement for the road pole traffic lights?

jdenm8

Ah, yes. They are. That HD one is on the STEX (They're RHD and in some freak occurrences with a patch, LHD) and the LHD mirroring patch (So the lights are on the left) I saw it on a sig here and it's attached to a thread in here somewhere. It doesn't work on NWM and TuLEPs though (It's old).

EDIT: the patch link was in j-dub's sig. http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=5161.0

Nego

jdenm8, I used a workaround using the Avenue road intersection. It looks a little better and allows cars to use the third lane to the left in the intersection. You can try it out if you want. I'd also like to say that from what I can see, your city looks really nice. I think I'm going to start to read your CJ. ;)

:)

j-dub

Hey wait a minute theres only one lane to turn on despite the double arrow indication ahhhhhhhhhh! (crash) The funny thing is though, the double turn lanes to one lane does exist, because I have to live in a city with that on more then one occasion, anyway I think a fair compromise would be instead of having the turn lanes each side of that TuLEP, have TLA-3 there across each, that way you still have pathed access to turn left onto the avenue from the road and while the middle lane is shared, the right turn lane in between would at least look like there is something to turn onto, thats how double turn lanes into single lanes work in my city, after you cross, the other lane was designed so you can turn into the nearby driveway after you turn past the intersection, but in most cases its a grudge match where traffic ends up clogging the intersection because they have to merge down. The last option is ASR but lane direction will need to be selected and altered.

itsacoaster

Hi everyone,

Would anyone happen to know why the routes are as shown, instead of in the left turn lane?

As you can see, the paths appear good.

Any help would be appreciated!

j-dub

This has been brought up before, and I think it was a pathing related issue. I don't know if this has been patched and administered though. In this case though, it almost looks like traffic, including pedestrian traffic goes in and out of those buildings before continuing their trips.

Tarkus

Quote from: j-dub on June 04, 2010, 09:22:39 PM
This has been brought up before, and I think it was a pathing related issue. I don't know if this has been patched and administered though.

It was actually fixed right before the release.  I'm using that intersection piece in one of my own cities without issue.

-Alex

itsacoaster

I just wanted to add... my above TuLEP problem seems to occur in one of my cities, but not another.  I will need to do more testing, though, to make sure.

itfitzme

What network will appropriately interface with the "Avenue Type A/Dual Slip Lane" slip lane?

I have been successful in using the "Avenue Type A/Dual Slip Lane" when the two exit/entrance "ramps" are within one tile of each other, that is right up at the corner of two intersecting avenues.  It seems that the single added filler piece works well.

()what() I have been unsuccessful when the two perpendicular pieces are a distance from each other.  Specifically, I have two avenues with one overpassing the other.  I would like to connect the two with bypasses at each quadrant, especially one way connections.  The "Avenue Type A/Dual Slip Lane" seems the best but I am unable to connect them.  I have attempted both the OWR-1 and the MIS.  Neither seem to be happening.

:'( I have been unsuccessful in finding any "how to" or other clue in the available forums and documentation.

---------
&Thk/( A separate NWM issue came up when attempting to connect separated slip lane pieces.    The OWR-1 diagonal starter piece appears to drag in the direction opposite to the arrow.  This seems quite opposite of the other one way starter pieces.  What's up with that?

-------------------

&apls The entire Network Addon Mod series, from the core NAM to the NWM and everything inbetween, is a nice piece of work.

Thanks.

jdenm8

The slip lane set, while useful, can only be used with the slip lane filler piece. OWR-1 and MIS will not interface with them.

riiga

I grew tired of there only being US textures, so I made Euro textures for a few selected TuLEP pieces. I'll probably do the rest during the summer.

- riiga

Andreas

Nice! :) Any chance that you could use the same arrow that is already available in the road turning lanes plugin? It would be nice if I could include them into the Euro Road Textures Mod (with proper credits of course), since I don't see a chance to make new textures anytime soon myself.
Andreas

io_bg

Looks great, riiga!
By the way, I've a question - is it possible to have sidewalks on slip lanes when there's development next to them? The grass would look dull in the middle of a city for example.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

MandelSoft

I got a simmilar mod on my harddrive:

The major difference that I use blockmarkings instead of a solid line, so traffic is allowed to change lanes.

Also, if anyone is interested, I also have AVE-2 textures without a yellow median line:

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

j-dub

QuoteThe major difference that I use blockmarkings instead of a solid line, so traffic is allowed to change lanes.
In the US, the reason for the solid white line was intended for people not to pass, but people do some times change lanes at the last possible minute to turn, and that causes some serious aggravation.
As for your AVE-2 textures, I think we already know those will be in high demand for Europe.

riiga

Well, since Maarten appearently already have done a lot more of the textures, and I was going for almost the same look, I think I'll probably colloborate with him, instead of doing another set. Since no-one had shown any sign previously, I thought I was the first one to do it, but nevertheless, there will hopefully be a Euro texture set released in the near future.

- riiga

gn_leugim

Lovely euro textures &apls only one advice, is the dashed lines are to keep, can you make them a lil more thiner? like they are are a bit thick, looks like some one lost white bricks on the way to the construction site ^^