• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FLEX Turn Lanes (FTL) and Related Projects - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, August 01, 2009, 09:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kassarc16

I don't know if this has ever been brought up, but will we eventually see TuLEPs under/across ELR/GLR/EHR/GHR?

potwor

Hi guys!
I have a proposition for a new puzzle pieces, to make possible u-turn.
Just picture:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ps. sorry for my English  ;)

strucka

Quote from: kassarc16 on August 25, 2010, 05:32:55 PM
I don't know if this has ever been brought up, but will we eventually see TuLEPs under/across ELR/GLR/EHR/GHR?

:thumbsup: Just opened the browser, to ask this.  So will we?

Tarkus

Quote from: kassarc16 on August 25, 2010, 05:32:55 PM

Quote from: strucka on August 26, 2010, 06:41:10 AM
:thumbsup: Just opened the browser, to ask this.  So will we?

Eventually.

Quote from: potwor on August 26, 2010, 05:06:20 AM
Hi guys!
Just picture:

Your English is quite good, actually. :)  I'd say there's a good possibility you'll eventually see something like that.

TuLEPs development has been relatively inactive as of late, though.

-Alex

TEG24601

Quote from: potwor on August 26, 2010, 05:06:20 AM
Hi guys!
Just picture:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It would be nice.  I spent some time in Michigan, and they have that style of U-Turn in the place of left-hand turns on many major roads, because it saves time at the intersections.

TEG

j-dub

Momentarilly, an NWM TLA-5 neighbor connector can go right after the left turn TuLEP in that situation. However, I wonder if it would be better if the arrow marking on the pavement displayed a U turn arrow, instead of a left turn arrow, then again I have seen both setups. This one highway in my reality has a U turn lane, except it shows a left arrow on the pavement, and to actually make a left, your basically driving on the wrong side of the median for a good ten or fifteen feet, but angled if clear.

travismking

This is actually called a Michigan Left.  Kinda strange but I guess that once you get used to it it saves time at traffic lights due to no left turn signals etc... But probably only useful on not so busy roads so as to avoid dangerous U-turns in heavy traffic

Highrise99

So, I was planning out a city, when I came across this:

I didn't realise that tuleps interfaced with the NWM.  Great work NAM Team!  It looks pretty realistic, too.

travismking

there are blank ones and ones with turn arrows for if you dont want the turn arrows ;)

Nego

I saw this while looking through mrtnrln's MD and saw these pictures and thought that these look like TuLEPs:

And as you can see from this picture, they look like they are fully functional:

So I wanted to know, are these TuLEPs, and if not, could these be converted to them or where could I download them?

MandelSoft

This was a side project of mine, the Prime Road Avenue Project, which got cancelled due to the TuLEPs. The Project got cancelled due some issues and redundancy. One of the issues is that it has quite narrow lanes (only 4m instead of 5m). So no, these aren't for download. In fact, I stopped using them quite a long time ago.

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

jdenm8

IT's another one of those 'If Only' things.
They looked extremely realistic though.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

ivo_su

- Alex Do you  and the team plan on creating a large TULEP  whit tile 3x3 or 4x4
would be nice if have TULEP when is crosing 8 of OWR-5 or like

- Ivaylo

MandelSoft

^^ I don't know exactly what you mean. Could you please explain your idea more clearly?

MR.Y

I have a Problem with the Euro-Textur-Mod, it don't work, I made everything like discribed in the readme, but there just are these American Textures. What schould I do?

ivo_su

Quote from: mrtnrln on October 11, 2010, 02:17:15 PM
^^ I don't know exactly what you mean. Could you please explain your idea more clearly?

is not the best but something I speak
I think bigger TULEP whit tile 3x3 4x4 and 5x5 have a place in the network of NAM

MandelSoft

I think you'll need the AVE-6, 8 and 10 to do this job...

ivo_su

Quote from: mrtnrln on October 11, 2010, 11:30:22 PM
I think you'll need the AVE-6, 8 and 10 to do this job...
well but if there will be so big intersections in the new AVE-6, 8, 10 and Can OWR-4, 5 to contact them
never seen anything wrong if you do
at least for me it would be convenient and perhaps for other

Tarkus

Actually, as the "AVE-10" isn't really a true AVE-10 but twin OWR-5s, it's very likely you'll see something along these lines.

-Alex