• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FLEX Turn Lanes (FTL) and Related Projects - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, August 01, 2009, 09:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MandelSoft

I proposed them once, along with other TuLEP interfaces:

Quote from: mrtnrln on May 19, 2011, 08:57:18 AM
My proposal for the menu setup:

Menu button 1:

Menu button 2:

Menu button 3:
All current intersection pieces.

Menu button 4:
All current slip lane pieces.

Red: Not yet created.
Blue: Allready created, but not yet public.
Green: Available in the public version.

What do you think?

Best,
Maarten
(if you click the quote link and look a few posts further, you actually see some realised textures).

This list might be extended when we continue development on the Advanced TuLEPs (hint hint...)

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

j-dub

In reality those both have a crosshatch, I think they are still planned, you just did not see them the last release is all.

Tarkus

Quote from: Dexter on September 21, 2011, 08:14:04 AM
I was wondering if filler pieces like these...

Are planned to be added to the TULEP plugin?  I often find situations where they would be useful, and the avenue piece could also be used to seemlessly connect the new avenue overpasses to TLA-5 :).

Actually, if you see some early TuLEP development screenshots, you'll see the first one.  I just have to find where I put it. ::)

-Alex

icfan

Question to the TuLEP Development Team:

The current setup for the ending Avenue for a "T" Avenue interchange in TuLEP is two right turning lanes and one turning left.  Has it been discussed about having two left turning lanes and one right turning lane?  Sorry if this has and it is a programming issue.

Tyler

Opkl

Quote from: icfan on September 21, 2011, 12:14:17 PM

The current setup for the ending Avenue for a "T" Avenue interchange in TuLEP is two right turning lanes and one turning left.  Has it been discussed about having two left turning lanes and one right turning lane?  Sorry if this has and it is a programming issue.

Tyler

I was wondering the same thing.  Usually you'll see two left and one right.  As for the TULEP pieces Dexter brought up, those are a good idea. 

MandelSoft

Well, currently the question "is it possible?" is irrelevant (since most requests are quite possible). The real problem is organisation, ID reservation and nomenclature. Also, with adding more and more TuLEPs makes the mod more complex; new lanes setups require more intersection setups and sometimes more transistions. And that's for a longer time the problem that's holding back the advanced TuLEPs...

Tarkus

Quote from: Opkl on September 21, 2011, 01:49:00 PM

Tyler

I was wondering the same thing.  Usually you'll see two left and one right.  As for the TULEP pieces Dexter brought up, those are a good idea.

From back on Page 4, before the textures were cleaned up:

Quote from: Tarkus on August 08, 2009, 11:04:55 PM
Quote from: Ryan B. on August 08, 2009, 09:50:30 PM
Any chance the middle lane could be made for both left and right turns?

Sure.

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on August 08, 2009, 09:56:59 PM
Or even two left turn lanes? That's usually the case around here.

Absolutely.

Heck, there's even TuLEPs to do this:

And to prove I'm not pulling anyone's leg and just quick-changing textures, here's all the Avenue Type A TuLEPs that are in-game as of this moment.  A1 is in the upper-left corner, going down to A6 in the lower-right.

Maarten's points above mine are 100% accurate.  We can make new TuLEPs until the cows come home . . . all the difficulties are organizational.  If we make every logical lane control combination of TuLEPs for Road and Avenue, it would result in 160+ puzzle pieces.  That's without intersections, transitions, One-Way Road TuLEPs or NWM TuLEPs (aside from the Road and Avenue ones that are cross-compatible with NWM networks).

We can do it, but we'll never hear the end of it from all the folks who complain about too many icons or overly long TAB Loops.  We've had some initial discussion about "FlexTuLEPs", but it's been just that . . . there's no implementation gameplan in place.

-Alex

Starmanw402007

Cool Updates on the tuleps. Looking forward to using them when the next version comes out.
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

icfan

Thanks for the clear up!

Quote from: Tarkus on September 21, 2011, 02:49:42 PM
Quote from: Opkl on September 21, 2011, 01:49:00 PM

Tyler

From back on Page 4, before the textures were cleaned up:

Quote from: Tarkus on August 08, 2009, 11:04:55 PM
Quote from: Ryan B. on August 08, 2009, 09:50:30 PM
Any chance the middle lane could be made for both left and right turns?

Sure.

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on August 08, 2009, 09:56:59 PM
Or even two left turn lanes? That's usually the case around here.

Absolutely.

Heck, there's even TuLEPs to do this:

And to prove I'm not pulling anyone's leg and just quick-changing textures, here's all the Avenue Type A TuLEPs that are in-game as of this moment.  A1 is in the upper-left corner, going down to A6 in the lower-right.

Maarten's points above mine are 100% accurate.  We can make new TuLEPs until the cows come home . . . all the difficulties are organizational.  If we make every logical lane control combination of TuLEPs for Road and Avenue, it would result in 160+ puzzle pieces.  That's without intersections, transitions, One-Way Road TuLEPs or NWM TuLEPs (aside from the Road and Avenue ones that are cross-compatible with NWM networks).

We can do it, but we'll never hear the end of it from all the folks who complain about too many icons or overly long TAB Loops.  We've had some initial discussion about "FlexTuLEPs", but it's been just that . . . there's no implementation gameplan in place.

-Alex

Dino007

I'm building an intersection:

And I would need this tulep's:

Since this would be only cosmetic pieces this shouldn't be a problem to make?
TIGR

MandelSoft

Attached to this post are extra Euro texture for the additional TuLEPs of the NAM 30:

This small mod should be used in combination with SFBT's Euro Textures for the TuLEPs and my custom arrows mod for TuLEPs (also attached to this post)

Best,
Maarten

j-dub

Oh, cool modding, brony (someone's got to acknowledge your handy work)

Dexter

Why does one park on a driveway, and drive on a parkway?

kbieniu7

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/2534/tulep100620111.jpg

I was considering asking for such piece! You read in my mind! Especially with no traffic lights! It would be excellent for rural roads!  :)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Gugu3

j-dub

Ramona Brie

Now do it for AVE-6 and you've fulfilled my biggest TuLEP request: TuLEPs for streets.

Jayster

Is it possible to get a piece that's like the rail crossing but street intersects with it?

Jayster