• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Problem when using opacity

Started by kbieniu7, September 27, 2011, 11:57:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kbieniu7

Hi!
I have some problem in gmax. I decided to use opacity in order to create transparent windows in bus stop. But in the LE and the game there occured some bad pixels on the model, near its edge.

Is there any way to solve this problem? Everything is normal, when I don't use opacity.
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

mattb325

Hi kbieniu7.

There are quite a number of issues that can cause this.

It could range from a graphics card to a LOD or a texture issue. Is this texture issue apparent in game?

I am assuming that the roof texture is not to be opaque and that the rear windows are?

I can see some small colour changes in that roof and assume by that that you are using some sort of metal texture. If so, merge everything into a new scene (exclude LODs and cameras) and then rotate the roof texture around within the UV mapping (by clicking on the gizmo). Sometimes GMAX has a difficult time rendering small changes in colour on the edges of a BAT.

This may assist. Similarly, you could change the texture or try something other than a 1:1 representation of the image in Gmax (EG 0.2 x 0.7 UV co-ordinates, for instance).

If that doesn't work, then again, merge into a new scene and after you have done your preview render, unhide the LODs. Make them a tiny bit bigger so that they are not so tight on the edges of your building. Make sure each LOD is the same.

I hope that helps, but sometimes, there is actually nothing that can be done to correct the problem.