• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Questions on making a functional canal network

Started by tdwright, August 06, 2013, 06:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdwright

Hi all,

Been trying in vain to create a functional canal network. After reading around a fair bit, I've been experimenting with SimGoober's BSC canal set and CAN-AM. I've been using SimGoober stuff for the eye-candy and CAN-AM to try and get stuff to use them, but I've had a few problems:

• Bridges: I can't seem to find a way of crossing a TE canal with a TE road/avenue/rail. SimGoober has an addon pack of some TE bridges, but they don't have room for a CAN-AM network piece underneath.
  • FLUPs: Since I couldn't get a bridge to work, I started looking at a FLexible UnderPass. Does there exist a canal FLUP puzzle piece?
  • Terminals: SimGoober's terminals don't render properly for me - they just look like ped malls. Does this mean I'm missing a dependency? If so, how do I work out what's missing? If not, what else could be the problem?
Or have a chosen the wrong starting blocks? Should I be using Oppie's canal set? Or one by someone else? (There seem to be loads out there!)

Sorry to hit you all with so many questions, but I really want my canals to work! :)

Cheers,
Tom

NCGAIO

There are bridges available in the "NAM" to cross channels made ​​with textures of Simgoober or Callagrafx that you must choose at install time.

Functional terminals must be downloaded from the LEX here

BSC CAN-AM Lotes NAM (v1.0)]

The topic of the forum for the CAN-AM is this

Canal Mod Addon (Can-Am)]

With this search you can find most of the materials to channels propables

Custom search canal - LEX

I'm seeing if I can find the time to finish my project for functional channels using only the traffic resources that are available in the game, maybe by the end of the month it is ready.

Diggis

There is also an additional addon, uploaded under my name, which will allow you to swap canal types and the CAN-AM will change to the correct type.  This allows you to use Callagrafx's canals, my rivers (which match the canals from Cal) and the RPK from Citynut (I think it was), all in the same city without changing anything. 

NCGAIO

Hi Diggis
Any chance you have interest and time available for a new project to functional channels.

Diggis

Quote from: NCGAIO on August 07, 2013, 08:18:31 AM

Hi Diggis
Any chance you have interest and time available for a new project to functional channels.

Hmm, not a huge amount. I'm all but done on SC4. But I keep looking in so no harm in asking, what did you have in mind?

Bear in mind, I'm not a developer, I only work with the known tricks.  I was able to do the other canal stuff because Daeley did the clever stuff.  ;D I'm very good at following orders.

NCGAIO

I had done some time ago the temporary mod to build and deploy real canals as well as  the textures to animated  water  to overlay the normal paths.

In this project the automatas would appear more easily on the water and still have option of using some types of network transport.

In addition there is the advantage of being possible to use various types of already existing walls to download and use the bridges of the game besides avoiding the work to  terraform flat areas to put a canal.

If someone could collaborate with BAT accessories that really i don't have the necessary patience as well as  time to do then  certainly would  possible put into development.

Quote from: Diggis on August 07, 2013, 09:21:22 AM  I was able to do the other canal stuff because Daeley did the clever stuff ....

Daeley certainly ... but also we can not forget Goaskin on the same idea. :thumbsup: