• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM: Development

Started by memo, April 29, 2007, 06:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hconline

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on May 09, 2008, 06:04:11 AM

The diagonal coming into the orthogonal road should be totally diagonal, and not make  short turn, otherwise it makes it look like you can make a left turn onto it. 
Life is like a butterfly, ephemeral, yet beautiful beyond belief. -Me

Tarkus

Quote from: hconline on June 20, 2008, 04:50:26 PM
The diagonal coming into the orthogonal road should be totally diagonal, and not make  short turn, otherwise it makes it look like you can make a left turn onto it. 

That would be Maxis' fault.  SA didn't modify that part, just added the slip lane in for the tile next to the Orthogonal-Diagonal Road-T-Intersection.

I do see your point though--the texture Maxis did for that intersection has always bothered me a little.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Kitsune

Is there gonna be any double height pieces develop for road, avenue etc etc ?
~ NAM Team Member

Tarkus

Quote from: Kitsune on June 21, 2008, 08:50:16 PM
Is there gonna be any double height pieces develop for road, avenue etc etc ?

That would be a nice thing to have.  I could certainly use them in a few places, and they'll come even more in handy once there's more RHW/MIS stuff out there. ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

allan_kuan1992

Hmm... that calls for a whole new draggable high ELR system =P

Anyway, I do have a problem with the current GLR curves... they're too tight! It'd be of best interest to develop some puzzle pieces with smooth curves so that it doesn't appear that some of our subway trains are jackknifing trying to traverse them. I know the NAM has this already for roads, railways, and avenues, but GLR pieces seem nonexistent = (

- Allan Kuan

superhands

well what have I been upto?

j-dub

Great, a draggable road cul-de-sac?

superhands

sorta. really just a texture replacement with pathing. hope to do diag next.

nerdly_dood

Road cul-de-sac! I'd love that with American lines!
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

j-dub

A cul-de-sac is just a cul-de-sac, and I didn't think they had lines. To compromise the Euro versus American thing, isn't this just a cul-de-sac in a seperate replacement dat file that doesn't require the Euro road mod?

superhands

nerdly_dood, in fact i did the maxis/American version before this euro texture. i just didn't find time for a screenie.

j-dub your quite right. it will function like MAS 's turning lanes-texture plugin.
unless it's combined into the nam?

Shadow Assassin

That looks great.

It can be a stand-alone file, since it doesn't require anything special [eg. addition into controller files, etc].
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

EDGE4194

a road cul-de-sac??   yay  &hlp

MandelSoft

Looks nice, Bighead99  :thumbsup:
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

nerdly_dood

Quote from: bighead99 on July 04, 2008, 04:26:19 AM
nerdly_dood, in fact i did the maxis/American version before this euro texture. i just didn't find time for a screenie.
Oh ok, cool! I did use the Euro road mod for about a month and a half but then I got bored with it... The release of RHW v.20 may have been a contributing factor - there was no Euro texture set for it then, and now I have DTP's set which I'd say gets a 9/10 on the coolness scale-it doesn't have any RHW-2 textures, and it was based on the Euro RHW texture mod which means that road intersection textures don't look quite right, but overall it's great and I'm getting off-topic!

I should stop typing irrelevant crap...
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Jayster

Is anyone working on 5-laned one-way roads, and 3 laned avenues. ;D

dragonshardz

Yes, that would be the NWM project, though only 3-lane OWR's (of the 2 types of OWR you are asking about) have been finished enough to show in the sticky post.

superhands

added wealth textures.

j-dub

Great, this will be of use later.

Alfred.Jones

That looks awesome!

Great work

Sim City 4 Devotion