• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM: Development

Started by memo, April 29, 2007, 06:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gn_leugim

Quote from: delta9 on April 15, 2009, 10:07:02 PM
If I didn't have Vista and could use the Reader I would teach myself T21's and do the wealth levels myself, because I feel the same way. I absolutely love the smooth curve and FAR T21's by sithlrd but it's inflexible with just an on or off option. I would also remove a few of the trees, it's a little busy for me. Then again, you can't intersect it so I kind of like the extreme level of foliage, it looks nice in dense or suburban areas. Can you T21 by density? Hell, I can't do it anyway, right?

Is there anything a Vista user can do?  &mmm

the point is not the t21.. although they don't look good on the wilds\rural areas, I meant to add a alternative to the sidewalks! one model be able to have custom sidewalks and other don't

sithlrd98

Quote from: delta9 on April 15, 2009, 10:07:02 PM
If I didn't have Vista and could use the Reader I would teach myself T21's and do the wealth levels myself, because I feel the same way. I absolutely love the smooth curve and FAR T21's by sithlrd but it's inflexible with just an on or off option. I would also remove a few of the trees, it's a little busy for me. Then again, you can't intersect it so I kind of like the extreme level of foliage, it looks nice in dense or suburban areas. Can you T21 by density? Hell, I can't do it anyway, right?

Is there anything a Vista user can do?  &mmm
QuoteQuote from: mrtnrln on April 12, 2009, 12:22:02 PM
Agreed. I use smooth curves at rural area's, but not in cities, because they don't fit in cities, because they are missing sidewalks. It would be nice to have both options available.

Best,
Maarten
If I had more time to re-do them , I would as I agree that I went a little prop happy , but at the same time I can't stand blank sidewalks!
To modify the curves , whether it be the avenue or the road curves , I kinda had a small pattern....if there was a big spot of blank,it got more props! ;D

To help anyone who is trying to figure out what is what , since I had to change the IIds of the props ,
[tabular type=3]
[row][head]Maxis Prop IID[/head][head]Prop[/head][head]New IID[/head][/row]
[row][data]2b1a0000[/data][data]Flora 10x10x15_$$$ no-tp-tree7 [/data][data]56884d9f[/data][/row]
[row][data]2a8a0000[/data][data]Street2x2x1_Dirt circle [/data][data]b68498dc[/data][/row]
[row][data]2a590000[/data][data]Streetlight1x1x11_$$$Streetlight[/data][data]56884db7[/data][/row]
[row][data]2a5a0000[/data][data]Streetlight 1x1x11_$$$Streetlightbanner1[/data][data]76885191[/data][/row]
[row][data]2abb0000[/data][data]Streetlight 1x1x11_$$$Streetlightdiag[/data][data]56885184[/data][/row]
[/tabular]

Maybe this will help , maybe not....

Jayson

Edit
I have started writing a tutorial for anyone who wants to make their own T-21 curve mods  How to T-21 the Avenue and Road curves

gn_leugim

now that I think better, is it possible to make the sidewalks as props, so we would have it changeing acourding to the welath\zone on that piece of road? :)  &idea

sithlrd98

Short answer, yes.T-21 ing textured props is what Buddybud is doing on his EL rail project. I keep thinking about trying to see if I could do it , I just don't have enough time right now.

Jayson

buddybud

Quote from: gn_leugim on May 10, 2009, 02:46:10 AM
now that I think better, is it possible to make the sidewalks as props, so we would have it changeing acourding to the welath\zone on that piece of road? :)  &idea

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2913.msg215805#msg215805

thats a link to my sidewalk beta at the bottom of that post... it uses 3ds props and models that are textured with iid's.  It's quite promising. As sithlrd98 said i am also incorporating those methods into my elrail mod also.

Cheers.

edit... Also Ebina seems to be doing much the same thing though i'm not sure of how they have implemented their solution. I have yet to try their beta or see how it works. But it seems closer to completion then mine.

gn_leugim

those are good news :)

thank you for your work :D

Tarkus

Might as well let this cat out of the bag . . . some of you may have already seen these . . .

They still need a little tweaking before they're ready, though.

-Alex

Korot

Wide radius OWR? I bet haljackey will be pretty happy with these.

io_bg

These are great and will be really useful! :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

metarvo

Teasing, yet pleasing!  ()stsfd()  I'm positive that I will use this when it's ready.  Good job, Alex!

:thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

mike3775

dragonshardz

*drool*

Where's that drooling smiley? Ah, found one!

(It's too big, could someone who knows how to resize it to a better size please do so?)

EDIT: Thanks Becca, though not exactly what I was asking for....there's this funky code you can put in your image tags to resize images, but I've never gotten the hang of it.

RebaLynnTS

How's this?

Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

MandelSoft

A real NAM-feature that was missing all the time.

Great work, Alex!
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

deathtopumpkins

Very nice Alex! These will be very handy...  &apls

dragonshardz: [IMG width=xxx height=xxx]URL[/IMG]
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

dragonshardz

Haljackey

Quote from: Korot on June 06, 2009, 02:09:35 PM
I bet haljackey will be pretty happy with these.

Indeed I am.  I have been waiting a long time for these.  They look great!

Mad_genius

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if it would be possible to do a facelift mod for monorail, elevated roads and avenues e rail viaducts. Like the El-Rail facelift mod.

Would it be possible. Or would it involve to much work to be done in the near future?

j-dub

Mad_genius:

Yes it is possible, but the work is advanced, and time consuming, for some, sometimes frustrating.

Actually Marrten (mrtnrln) is in the middle of doing a facelift mod for just that. He is working on a major facelift mod for the El/El-Over Road. He also changed alot of Maxis elevated network viaducts to have the sidewalk, and median props for avenues to actually stay under the viaduct. Marrten's mod is a High Def texture replacement mod that replaces the track, but so far does not work with a the el-rail facelift mod, which adds city props underneath.

As for monorail, if you were looking for a similar el-rail facelift ground package for that, I don't recall something like that existing currently.

MandelSoft

Quote from: j-dub on June 30, 2009, 09:34:34 AM
Mad_genius:

Yes it is possible, but the work is advanced, and time consuming, for some, sometimes frustrating.

Actually Marrten (mrtnrln) is in the middle of doing a facelift mod for just that. He is working on a major facelift mod for the El/El-Over Road. He also changed alot of Maxis elevated network viaducts to have the sidewalk, and median props for avenues to actually stay under the viaduct. Marrten's mod is a High Def texture replacement mod that replaces the track, but so far does not work with a the el-rail facelift mod, which adds city props underneath.

As for monorail, if you were looking for a similar el-rail facelift ground package for that, I don't recall something like that existing currently.
Really? I was only doing the Highways and I just started a project to make a new Avenue network (which is in a very early stage). The rest, unfortunately, isn't true, I believe. There must be some kind of missunderstanding.

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE