• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM: Development

Started by memo, April 29, 2007, 06:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spot

Kitsune

Are there any plans for ortho bridges using the DBE technology? It would allow for neighbour connection bridges...
~ NAM Team Member

noahclem

Absolutely outstanding work Alex  &apls &apls  These L1 draggable viaducts will be of huge utility.

@ Kitsune: I'm a bit out of the loop at the moment but there's been talk for some time of at least having basic ortho DBE-based stuff where the bridge would be the same look as a viaduct.

metarvo

Is that what I think it is?  It looks like a draggable L1 AVE-4 curve, similar to the draggable L1 RHW-8S and RHW-10 curves.  Nice job!

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Kuewr665

Such ability would also make useful land bridges over valleys and canyons.

Tarkus

Yes, you can drag an L1 MIS directly through one of these things . . .

-Alex

Jack_wilds

??? I dunno... can ya  ()what()  ...  :P  :thumbsup:   :)

:satisfied:

MandelSoft

Ooh, that will be incredibly useful!
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

spot

Useful indeed. I just wonder since its all draggable, would u be able to drag the road thru an MIS starting piece ?

Tarkus

Quote from: spot on September 07, 2013, 03:16:14 PM
would u be able to drag the road thru an MIS starting piece ?

The MIS starter piece has a false intersection on it, so you'd need to be able to have three networks on one tile, which isn't possible.

-Alex

Kuewr665

Amazing! This is one of the intersections needed for interchanges.

Gugu3

droric

Quote from: Tarkus on September 14, 2013, 01:18:53 AM
Thanks, guys!  And I'm back with its Avenue brethren . . .

-Alex

O.o
This will make things so much easier

&apls

PC Specs: i2700k @ 4.9 Ghz, 16 GB @ 1600-8-9-8-16, 2X GTX 580 SLI, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3R, 120 GB Vertex 3 SDD, 3 TB RAID1, 1200W SilentGold, Antec P180B case, Win 8 x64 Pro

Indiana Joe

Not bad, not bad.  But where are the diagonals?  $%Grinno$%

Kuewr665

I remember reading that the 45 degree Avenue FLEXCurves had a secret ability months ago. What is that ability? I've used them all the time and I still do not know it.

memo

I created that puzzle piece, but don't know about the secret ability either. Maybe it's that it allows for wealthified sidewalks? Maybe, what you mean is that you can demolish the two tiles of the inner curve that are almost void, without breaking the curve apart from the pedestrian paths?

There really isn't anything else I can think of that is secret about it. ;)

novak253

I would love to see flux underpasses for Monorail and Elevated rail. I understand they are meant for underpasses, but many people use them for underground roads, so it is impossible to make them go under these pieces.

Kuewr665

The post I remembered is this one. It merely refers to a goody with avenue curves. I guess I mistakenly remembered that there was something special about the curve when the goody is the curve itself.