• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM: Development

Started by memo, April 29, 2007, 06:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jessilaurn

And then, of course there's Tokyo... where you can find conventional rail, high-speed rail, *and* monorail.  Funny old world....

eggman121

Just a few things I am working on  ;D

OWR Cloverleaf Interchange

Road to Avenue Extended Transition

NWM FlexCurves

-eggman121

dyoungyn

Eggman121,

Simply WOW :thumbsup:  Is the first image truly One Way Roads?  Even so, then are are the ramps just the same, one way roads?  For the "FlexCurves", is it possible the same for AVE6/7?  Finally what about making the AVE6/7 look better in region view and growable on both sides for diagonals with AVE4/5.

Tarkus

The region view stuff can't be adjusted.  We're really limited on what we can do with it.

-Alex

Simcoug

Nice 4 leaf clover Eggman!
You must have St. Pattys day on the mind  :party:

compdude787

Wow, that's awesome!!!
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

omgitskosc

I'm running out of words to describe these updates. NAM 35 is going to be phenomenal.  &apls

Gugu3

Incredible stuff! &apls

dyoungyn

Eggman 121,

What will you one way road cloverleaf interchange look like in the region view?  Will it be white as with one way roads?  My main concern is the ramps! ()what()

Quote from: eggman121 on March 21, 2016, 03:00:35 PM
Just a few things I am working on  ;D

OWR Cloverleaf Interchange

Road to Avenue Extended Transition

NWM FlexCurves

-eggman121

eggman121

Hi dyoungyn

The Ramps should look fine in the Region view IIRC

But as Alex alluded too earlier there is not much we can do with the Region view. Most of it is hard coded. The only main thing that we achieved was Jondor's work on the RHW transport view. Apart from that I don't see much on the horizon in that space.

Hope that clarifies things.

-eggman121

dyoungyn

Eggman121,

Thank you for the reply.  I do understand the limitations with additions to the HARD CODED game that is over 12 years young and getting older. 

So far, thanks so heartily to the entire NAM Team, everything is working as it should with some minor hiccups.  I feel pretty confident that your marvelous one way road cloverleaf interchange with as thus far one way roads identified, as white will lead to more possibilities; which is something that  I have been wishing for years as I use AVE4 (white) as my state highways and FINALLY with possible one way road interchange possibilities that far exceeds what Cities Skylines could every do. 

Thank you again and I and sure all of us hard card players so dearly appreciate.

dyounyn

cmdp123789

I love the new stuff shown.. my only question for now would be.. what things will be included in NAM 35 out of all these great examples?

Tarkus

We haven't quite reached feature freeze yet, so it's not certain what all will make this release.

-Alex

roadgeek

Quote from: Tarkus on March 23, 2016, 09:22:35 PM
We haven't quite reached feature freeze yet, so it's not certain what all will make this release.

-Alex

Ooohh!!! I can hardly wait!

Tarkus

You'll probably have quite awhile to wait, unfortunately.  Most of the development team (myself included) has been occupied with RL for the past couple months, and that's going to be the case for awhile still.

-Alex

Jack_wilds

I for one am also looking forward to NAM v35... it ought to some sort of milestone when its released...

I hope U Tarkus and the fellow NAM Team and even RRW will somehow inspite of, or despite RL can and will make things work... towards finding ways to getting this out, at the very least, this will be released for Christmas '16...

here's hoping and watching

:popcorn:

like the progress a great deal very promising on many fronts  :thumbsup:

the SC4D players owe so much to the NAM Team and the RRW team now for doing all they have done here... it has done a wonder to a tired old game for frustrated model railroaders and civil techs -engineers to, a place to sand box stuff... 

NAM Day will be a big deal   :thumbsup:    &apls

APSMS

I am not ken on the NAM Team plans (or RL schedule), but even with that I think I can safely say that the NAM team would very much like to push out v35 well before Christmas.

Ideally the end of summer at the latest, even with everyone's RL schedule. I doubt Alex and Stephen want to hold on to their goodies that long, and some field testing of Willy and Stephen's work on draggable ERRW should be immensely helpful as well. I can't recall is Robin has been working on anything in particular, but he always seems to fill in the gaps, which is just as useful anyways when it comes to NAM releases and the inevitable bugs that accompany new versions.

But again, I don't actually know what they have going on, and speak with absolutely no authority when I say this. Remember that the NAM team likes to surprise people, and I expect to be fully surprised when they announce it (ok, maybe only partially since I'm a NAM associate, but you get the idea).
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

eggman121

Quote from: APSMS on May 01, 2016, 10:06:42 PM
I am not ken on the NAM Team plans (or RL schedule), but even with that I think I can safely say that the NAM team would very much like to push out v35 well before Christmas.

Ideally the end of summer at the latest, even with everyone's RL schedule. I doubt Alex and Stephen want to hold on to their goodies that long, and some field testing of Willy and Stephen's work on draggable ERRW should be immensely helpful as well. I can't recall is Robin has been working on anything in particular, but he always seems to fill in the gaps, which is just as useful anyways when it comes to NAM releases and the inevitable bugs that accompany new versions.

But again, I don't actually know what they have going on, and speak with absolutely no authority when I say this. Remember that the NAM team likes to surprise people, and I expect to be fully surprised when they announce it (ok, maybe only partially since I'm a NAM associate, but you get the idea).

Yeah there are not really that many people that have spare time at the moment. We definitely want to release sooner but time is a limiting factor. We have to contend with RL because that is what pays the bills. Working on the NAM and all the associated parts can be tedious at times as well. Really we are a collection of people from literally around the globe trying to co ordinate a program. Chuck in RL and there will be down periods. I can't say at the moment what will make it into NAM 35 but it will be worth the wait.

One idea that has crossed my mind is placing tutorials in the public space on how new content is made these days. The old way was churning out puzzle pieces but that became impractical when you consider all the functionality that has to be incorporated. One person that has been my mentor, inspiration and has led the way in the tools he has created is Memo who sadly has been inactive for quite a while. I have picked up many skills and would like to pass down his teachings in the NAM world. I wonder if that is an Idea that would interest anyone?

So all I can say is hold tight for the moment. We do want to release but RL has to take precedence. That is all I can say for now.

-eggman121

Themistokles

Quote from: eggman121 on May 01, 2016, 10:54:53 PM[...]
One idea that has crossed my mind is placing tutorials in the public space on how new content is made these days. The old way was churning out puzzle pieces but that became impractical when you consider all the functionality that has to be incorporated. One person that has been my mentor, inspiration and has led the way in the tools he has created is Memo who sadly has been inactive for quite a while. I have picked up many skills and would like to pass down his teachings in the NAM world. I wonder if that is an Idea that would interest anyone?
[...]

I for one would love to have some modding tutorials to learn how to make draggables. There are good puzzle piece tutorials out there, but they are really limited since many of the online tools have gone down. I can't promise any great products, but I'd love to use some tutorials to try out making draggable things.
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

titanicbuff

Haven't checked in while in the NAM stuff- odd when your an associate- looking forward to my part- the testing.
I have struck an iceberg and Sank
Titanicbuff
Visit my website at: http://simcitybuffs.icyboards.net/
RTMT Team Member
NAM Associate