• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Rayden's Showroom

Started by Rayden, May 01, 2007, 08:30:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayden

I always hated those very nice residential buildings out there (ploppables) that you could not use because of the problem that everyone already knows. Despite all the tricks used, like plopping those buidings on top of others already grew, no one could ever make the ocupants to commute. It was like being prisioners on their own houses. But, now thanks to guys like Simgoober, Equinox, TWrecks and many others with their tutorials, I am able now to transform those buildings on growable and funcional ones. Here is the first two atempts, I only used the models from those lots and re-lotted them again myself.

The first one is the Holland Ivy Apartments and you can find its models, made by ixnayonthetimmay, in here

It's just a shame the models don't have nightlights, but still, I love them.

The next one was not properly a non-growable lot, but I could never managed to grow it on my cities, so, I re-made it. The original model is from don miguel and can be found in here. Once again I only used the model, and made the descriptor and lot files myself. On this one, I've tried to follow the original lot design as best as possible.

This one has night lights.

Next, I have another 9 buildings to convert to growable ones. I'll be posting them as soon as I finish. If there is any interest on these lots, I'll ask Jeronij to upload them sometime.

mikeseith

Those are nice buildings...

rooker1

This is great, I have a big interest in this and hope you can upload these.  Great work.

Robin   :thumbsup: &apls
Call me Robin, please.

Howling

Those Lawrence courts lots look excellent!
Lurkiest Lurking Lurker of the SimCity 4 community.
Bldng. | my BATs and research into urban density | Sebasvandenbrink.nl | Help grow Hopburg!

Rayden

Ok, last night I got very busy and thanks to Equinox tutorial and specially Andreas advise, I am now able to convert any residential plopable into a nice growable residential lot. Here is all the stuff done so far, including the 7 lots done only last night.

Nexis Terrace Housing Project Phase A (by mrbisonm, 2003)

Size:5x3 - Low wealth

Nexis Terrace Housing Project Phase B (by mrbisonm, 2003)

Size:5x3 - Low wealth

Nexis Terrace Housing Project Phase C (by mrbisonm, 2003)

Size:5x4 - Medium wealth

Nexis High Luxury Apartments 1 (by mrbisonm, 2003)

Size:10x7 - High wealth

Nexis Euro -H- Block Living (by mrbisonm, 2003)

Size:8x6 - Medium wealth

Clamm Courts (by mcclamm, 2003)

Size:5x3 - Low wealth (This one was re-lotted as the original size was 2x3)

Fhloston Apartment Complex (by ed_diaz, 2003)

Size:12x8 - High/Medium wealth

Holland Ivy Apartments (model from ixnayonthetimmay, 2007)

Size:6x4 - Medium wealth (This one was completely lotted by me)

I have a few more to be done, and probably some commercial service and office ones as well.

Now what I want from you, specially from the gurus around here, it's some little advice. As you noticed, there is no stage or capacity info, so, I would like to know what do you think about those figgers, and, perhaps, as there is a very nice project on the foundry, maybe if you could let me know the stage figgers already compatible with CAM.

Cheers
Rayden

PS: Thanks Andreas :thumbsup:

Rayden

Quote from: Rayden on May 05, 2007, 02:10:28 PM
... Now what I want from you, specially from the gurus around here, it's some little advice. As you noticed, there is no stage or capacity info, so, I would like to know what do you think about those figgers...

Well I guess I'll will have to figger that out by myself &mmm, but I'm sure as soon as I come up with some numbers, somebody will certainly have something to say...

Andreas

Well yeah, that's the hard part... My best advise is to measure the approximate building volume and stuff like this, and then compare your lot with similar lots. I don't have much experience with this, but for measuring "normal" stats for BATs and stuff like this, it's probably a good idea to go through SC4Tool's building database and compare those buildings with each other to get a general idea.
Andreas

Rayden

Thx Andreas, I appreciate your prompt help and do like you said. ;)