• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

-M-'s LE Recreations and Alterations

Started by M4346, August 23, 2007, 03:14:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M4346

This is essentially the same thread as the one I have over at the SCJU, but I thought that, if you're not registered at the SCJU or a frequent visitor, I can share my LE 'recreations and alterations' with you (pl.) too, "not because I imagined you to be particularly interested in it, but rather because I want to." :P

QuoteFirstly, I think I need to state the obvious:
The BATs, props, and textures employed in the lots show-cased were not created by me, unless otherwise stated.
Secondly, I don't imagine my lots to be particularly mind-blowing or special. Rather, they are adapted by me, for me, to suit me and as I fancy, like, feel or need them. I don't require you to like them to make me feel better about myself. :P
Thirdly, they are adaptations and not creations. I'm sure you understand the difference.
Finally, I would like to thank the creators of the BATs, textures and props that I use(d) and love. :)

So, here are a few of my adaptations.

The Centre of New Industries and Technologies (CNIT) - (La Defense, Paris , France)

Although a stunning creation by BLAM, I found the original lot to be very unflattering and not at all to be complimenting the magnificent BAT.

Goddess Temple Avenue Roundabout

Prepo's Havis Amanda Fountain Avenue Roundabout

I rather like this one. I was thinking of rather adding Glenni's Avenue Roundabout prop to it to get rid of the grass. It is ill fitting.

Bilbao Bridge and Stonewall Jackson Avenue Roundabout

Washington Monument Avenue Roundabout

This one, for some reason, is one of my favourites. :P

Washington Arch, Marrast Avenue Dividers, Elytheria Flag Roundabout(With Glenni's Prop :D)

I also liked the effect of these combined :)

JRJ Sandstone Cul De Sacs

Now this is one of my own 'creations'. The textures, at least, were created by me to match up with the SMP Sandstone Sidewalk mod. I love that mod and I prefer the Sandstone texture (As you can probably see by now :P)

I have a 'matching' obsession, I guess that might be obvious by now, but just to put it in perspective: when I hang up washing to dry, the pegs must match. When I have a meal with someone (especially my boyfriend) our plates, glasses and cutlery should match. I am obsessed and that obsession is carried over to SC4. :)

Now, I don't try to have EVERYTHING in sandstone, as I said above, so I devise schemes to get around it, as you'll see below:

Meister-Z's Rathaus

Note the use of the overlay texture to make it match up. :P I do love that black texture too, it's sexy! Oh, and I am obviously just as hooked on my flag and flags as some other members :P Although not to the same extent with regards to quantity :D

Palacio de Mineria

Note yet again the overlay texture. :) Visible too, is my obsession with CP's Semi-seasonal Oaks. I just love them! :D

Experimenting with the 'new' NAM Avenue Roundabouts[/b]

It doesn't work, does it? *scratches head*

Added Glenni's prop to the base. I prefer it to the grass. Thanks Glenni!! :D

SNM Security Fence

I added 'watchtowers' to the fences (by creating a 2x2 end lot and 1x1 double fences with towers) to use them in constructing my border with the rest of Atlantica Alba. I thought something was missing, and it was the towers. I rather like them. (Note the flags again) :P

A LOT Request

I was commissioned by our dear and special friend, Mr. CarmineHilton to recreate the following lot:

The Deucalion

I think it turned out great, and he's happy with it too! :P

That is as far as I got over at the SCJU, I'll be sure to keep you posted on new additions. Until then, thanks for stopping by and for taking a peep at my endeavours in the LE! :)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Glenni

No prob, M, glad you enjoyed em, nice lots you made too. The stonehenge, does kind of work, the grass looks a little like a leaves, so it COULD work in a bit less central and forested area... i think... &mmm

BarbyW

Excellent lots, M. Please consider putting these for candidacy to the LEX as we need more lotters who use the excellent models and props already available. The only thing I would suggest changing for Candidacy is the flag. Rather than your personal flag one of the generic ones would be more appealing to the masses.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

toxicpiano

Lovely work indeed! I would love it if these were to make their way to the LEX  :thumbsup:
Where can you get the CNIT building btw?
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

Krio

You have talent  :thumbsup:

I'm a lazy lotter, so it would be excellent if you would get these to the LEX  :P :thumbsup:

M4346

Quote from: mightygoose on August 23, 2007, 03:38:22 AM
man these are rediculously good.

Thank you. :)

Quote from: Glenni on August 23, 2007, 03:44:08 AM
No prob, M, glad you enjoyed em, nice lots you made too. The stonehenge, does kind of work, the grass looks a little like a leaves, so it COULD work in a bit less central and forested area... i think... &mmm

Thanks! And I agree with you with regards to Stonehenge in that context. Makes sense... :D

Quote from: BarbyW on August 23, 2007, 03:53:45 AM
Excellent lots, M. Please consider putting these for candidacy to the LEX as we need more lotters who use the excellent models and props already available. The only thing I would suggest changing for Candidacy is the flag. Rather than your personal flag one of the generic ones would be more appealing to the masses.

Thank you Barby. :)

I made these lots for the sole purpose of personal use and as such they are, as is, not at all on standard for release.
I have used numerous dependency packages and as such I can already imagine the outcry of "too many dependencies!" from the masses. It is something that I am willing to revise too.
I will, if considering Candidacy, replace the flag with a generic one, maybe in the form of PEG's OFMN Mod.

The thing however is that I cannot MOD these lots. I merely alter the existing lots, or, my 'creations' are bland and not up to scratch compared with other releases on the LEX. They do not, for example, have custom and / or proper menu icons or descriptions.

I would be more than willing to help LOT the many poorly lotted files on the STEX and even lot files for the CAM, if someone would be so kind as to MOD them properly. :)

Thanks for approaching me and for expressing your thoughts. ;) It is really appreciated.  ;D

Quote from: toxicpiano on August 23, 2007, 05:10:58 AM
Lovely work indeed! I would love it if these were to make their way to the LEX  :thumbsup:
Where can you get the CNIT building btw?

Thanks! As discussed above, however, these files need to be severely altered / edited before they are up to standard for the LEX. :)
The CNIT can be obtained from the STEX (which is down at the moment, it seems) by searching either BLAM or CNIT.

Quote from: Bengt on August 23, 2007, 05:15:14 AM
You have talent  :thumbsup:

I'm a lazy lotter, so it would be excellent if you would get these to the LEX  :P :thumbsup:

Thank you Bengt! :D
And I will be looking into the latter part of your comment. :)

Right now, people, I am looking into relotting some of Jasoncw's older buildings. :) Stay tuned!
New Horizons Productions

Pat

mmmmmmmmmtastic -M- wow im totaly staying tuned for sure  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

jeronij

You made an excellent work with these lots  &apls ¡¡¡

They look exceptionally good imo. You have a talented eye for lot making  :thumbsup:
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Yoder7652

mmm...nice work here M...you've given me some ideas to steal  >:D uuhh I mean borrow  :wings:  :D ;D

BarbyW

M, if you start a Candidacy thread and let me have the lots for our scrutineers to examine we will give you suggestions and pointers on how to do the modding yourself. If necessary they will be modded for you with information on what has been done.
As far as making CAMeLots is concerned, until wou releases his magic tool, I can make basic lots - ie just the building on a lot - for you and send them to you for lotting. The modding will be done ;D I did that for zero7's Trellish Tower. All you need to do is PM me with the name of the model, the type and wealth level you want to make and the size of lot you want. If you include your email address in the PM I will then send the base lots to you.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

M4346

I have decided to lock this topic as it has been replaced by "M's LE Recreations and Alterations [Candidacy]" found here -> Click!

Thank you!  :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions