• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Light Replacement Project - Version 2 released! 06/25/2008

Started by MandelSoft, April 20, 2008, 06:11:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How should I release the LRP

All lumped together in one pocket
36 (26.3%)
One pocket for every style (example: American, Brittish)
81 (59.1%)
One pocket for every lampposttype (example: low wealth, highway)
15 (10.9%)
One pocket for every filetype (example: models, essentials)
5 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 137

MandelSoft

Quote from: citymaster13 on December 20, 2008, 04:13:38 PM
I have been using the LRM mod, with dutch style street lights. I have it set up so that on highways, lights appear on the median Here's the problem:

In this shot, the lights appear normal. However, if you look closely there are actually two sets of lights there, practically superimposed on top of one another. This is on a straight section of ground highway, far from any interchanges, ramps, or onslopes (which i use a lot w/ my freeways)

In this shot, a light is placed right in front of a T-interchange. Only one instance of the light is there (compare the two images) but only one half of the light renders a light cone (an element of the model?) My guess is that the light was created this way on purpose, so when two were superimposed on top of each other like they usually are (by either the game itself, or by some mod).

Yes, this is the purpose. I had to choose between too bright lights on normal sections and one light down on intersections. Because the second seems more realistic, I chose that option.

This shot shows you both lights in a row, near an onslope. Anyways, how do i fix this, so that the lights ALWAYS appear properly (Although, for realism i could pretend that the glitchy lights were ones that burned out, because no city is perfect ;D)

I tried once to fix that issue, but I failed. So I don't know how to fix this.

Also, i noticed that lights always appear on the side of the highway on the onslope itself. Is there a way to fix this too?

Yes. I haven't done the T21 of the onslope pieces yet.

BTW mrtnrln, with the RHW addon mod, how do you make lights appear on the median of two parallel rhw-4's?

That's just an overhanging prop, which is placed on a LOT beside the road.

I hope this answers some questions.

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

citymaster13

Thanks Mrtnrln! Previously i thought i was the only person who had this problem. Truthfully things are a little more realistic on the motorways if there's an occasional burnt out light ;D. Besides, it's not very noticeable with the UK extra tall lights, which i am currently using. Hopefully u will be able to finish the onslopes in the next release, which i highly anticipate. So far the LRP has done wonders for my city's appearance.

simseattle

I really like this mod, in the day time the lights look great, but at night they turn into brown boxes. I followed the instructions in the read-me file and I am still having this problem. Out of all the lights I downloaded the only ones that light up at night and don't have brown boxes are Dutch $$$. I've been trying to figure this out for a while so maybe someone here has the solution. Also in addition to that, none of my downloaded buildings light up at night, is this the same problem?

MandelSoft

It seems that you are missing the lightcones. Check all thedependencies again if you downloaded and installed them.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

simseattle

Yeah, that was the problem. I thought I had already downloaded the light cones a while ago for something else but I must have gotten that confused with something else. The lights work great now, thanks!  :thumbsup:

Ilikeanrhw

Hey mrtnrln, when at night the LRM German Streetlights ( $$$ Avenues, Roads,etc.) they become brown boxes!  :bomb: Can you fix the problem? (NOTE: I'd like you to please fix the problem because I like your streetlights (LRM)  ::)  :thumbsup: )
(\__/) Watch out! I think everyday is a toaster day.
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy bunny into your signature to help
(")_(")him gain world domination. Bunny loves weasels. So you too. :)