• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Söderland, a skandinavian region

Started by Flatron, January 02, 2012, 05:10:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flatron

Reply-Time:
Quote from: riiga on October 04, 2013, 04:02:42 PM
Fantastic! Looks stunningly similar to Norway.  :thumbsup:
Thank you :) I like that you like it...

Quote from: vortext on October 05, 2013, 03:59:05 AM
Looks great, nice panorama!  :thumbsup:

Though maybe use some farr pieces to break up the diagonal stretch of rhw. There's still room for it and it would make it more interesting imho.

The sidewalk is awesome btw, is it your own creation?
Thanks, It would have been tricky to build it with FARR and FARHW because the terrain is tricky and I even bulldozed the whole thing several times just to be able to build the station in a way that looks a little bit good.
The sidewalk is not my own creation, it is called cobbled stoned and can be found here: http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/26431-cobbled-stoned-hd-sidewalk-mod/
Art, Agunter, Kergelen: Thank you guys :)
Quote from: RickD on October 09, 2013, 07:36:38 AM
Beautiful town. I do think in the overview it does resemble Alesund a little bit. But I have only seen it from up on a hill. Never actually made it there.  ;)
Thanks, yes I tried to make it look similar, but different. I haven't even ever set foot to anywhere north of Berlin, so only have Google Earth and my Imagination as inspiration :D

Komsip

Quote from: Flatron on April 04, 2013, 04:42:32 AM
Update 23: Trams(Spårväger)
Hej from Jarlsån.

23.1 In Västermalm, a former working-class quarter, the central square is surrounded by tram-rails. In this picture, you can see that someone from the transport authority has lots of humour:D

23.2 In front of the railway station, the trams enter a tunnel that goes to the northern parts of Jarlsån.

23.3 Here, the tram crosses the river Askån between gamla staden and Västermalm.

23.4 The eastern industrial area is also reachable by tram.

@ benedict: I'm pleased to hear that you like my style. I try to build transit networks as I would like them as a passenger/citizen. This can sometimes result in big expanses, but if money doesn't matter... ;D
Where did you find those buildings (the reddish ones that are wall2wall or did you make them yourself? I've long been trying to design a scandinavian like city, but the main buildings lack, and I'm not skilled in using 3d design programs. No idea how to make my own bats.

vortext

While Flatron did make his own houses, the one you're after is Hamburg Neustadt by stephenhh.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

WolfGuy100

Wow, I am really liking this! Keep it up! &apls

MOD: Its been more than a year since Flatron posted in this MD, so please, let this thread "sleep" until Flatron post something new.