• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Kingdom of Movia and the Crown Dependency of Savoy // Nov 7, 2008 - Teaser

Started by CarmineHilton, April 25, 2008, 12:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarmineHilton

It's teaser time! On the picture below you can see one of the oldest cities of The Movian Empire.
And next to being on of the oldest, it is also one of the most poor cities. How that is will be unveiled soon! =)

This small storyline of Asmara City was especially created for being 'Of Special Intrest this Month'.. I hope you'll like it ;)

paroch: Thank you... You have to seperate yourself from the others to jump out =p + Movia is just a fashion-minded city (like me xD)!!
rhythmandjays: I'm SO glad you liked it =) & I hope next time you will have that front row ticket, it will be fabulous (whenever it comes :p)..
thundercrack83: Héhé, thanks Dustin! I hope you like the teaser above too ;)
Yoman: Whaaaaaat? Why? I personally don't think they're too skinny or something.. Is it how they look? Models always look like that =p >> NO emotions!
Staff: To everyone of the staff, THANK YOU for giving me this opportunity =)
dedgren: It really feels good hearing that from you David! It really does!! And I know what you're talking about, getting people to react on your MD here is MUCH harder than on ST. I still hope though that I'll be able to pull it off ;)
bat: Thankx, I hope that you will also like what I have coming up! =)
rooker1: I guarantee that I will make this month VERY special!! I will give you something that nobody has ever seen in The Movian Empire before =p *stay tuuuuuuuuuned*
kimcar: Thank you for visiting and the beautiful comment! ;)
paroch: I hope so, it's much more difficult here to attract people. I hope with being OSITM will help me gaining new visitors =)

See you soon for the first update of Asmara City! Carmine.

paroch

Asmara is sure looking "gritty" there Carmine - looking forward to seeing the full update.  I guess not too many fashin shows take place in Asmara? ;)

bat

That harbor area of Asmara City looks very nice! Looking forward to more...

CarmineHilton

Welcome Peepz! It's time for a new update.. I know you had to wait some time, but it was worth wile =)
Also had to work a bit in our new clothing store which we opened a few weeks ago in Antwerp, Belgium. Luv that =p héhé

Anyway, I told you guys (and girls ) That I would give you some history about Asmara City first:
Asmara City was rather small city located in the Province of Asmara. But when Germany got power in the 2nd World War and started taking over
area's, the Province of Asmara was claimed. The plan was for Germany to control the whole Movian Empire, but that attempt failed.

Soon they started to develop the city with rich apartment buildings in the beautiful German style at one part of the city and the other part became a port
with low wealth commie-blocks. The Province of Asmara has many resources to offer and everything was shipped to the German Empire.
When the German Empire fell and Europe was liberated, Movia got back the control over the Province. But today, you can still see how the rich and the poor
are separated in Asmara City.

Today I'm showing you part one of Asmara City's Port Area. This includes the 2002 expansions and the older port.
In the next update, you will see another part from the older port but you will have to wait for that until next time

So, shall we start? Enjoy the ride! &hlp

» The bay of Asmara is the scene of commerce and trade. 50 % of the land has been developed to keep up
   with the demands of today. Eye catcher is the Spinnaker Tower, a modern building used as an Observation Tower.

» With construction finished in 2002 and most of it paid by the Movian Government, this new port area brought Asmara
   to the next level. It is currently the biggest port in Movia but it will soon be beaten by Malum as they are also expanding
   their port facilities with the latest technologies. Most of this new section is built on artificial land.

» Suijin Bridge was also a part of the project. It is a suspension bridge that goes over that bay and connects the port and
   'downtown' of Asmara City the with it's suburbs.

» In this picture (and also in the previous) you see many trees. These were planted to lower the pollution that hung over
   Asmara City. Also many old factories were destroyed making place for cleaner Hi-Tech companies.

» You will see more navy-equipment in the next update. This is just a construction site of a new ship for Movia's Military.

» I personally find this pure EYECANDY, you agree with me? It is the older port are with first some High-Rise residential
   development (which you saw in the teaser) and behind that industry and the Nuclear Power Plant of Asmara City.

As an extra, I also have the latest issue of Times Magazine for you all to enjoy!! :satisfied:

paroch: Hàhà, not really. Maybe in the rich part of the city? But still, it's very unlikely to happen... =)
bat: Thx for visiting bat, hope you like the update ;)

Next up is part two of Asmara City's port area.. I hope that I can do it in a week or so 
See you then! Carmine.

Yoder7652

great update...I can't believe the embassy tower was hit! It makes me think foul play is afoot $%#Ninj2

paroch

Hi Carmine,

A very nice update you've given us there.  The suspensions bridge picture is my favourtie there - really like it.  And of course, the mosaica are very special too, must have taken you some time to get them looking so good.

Paul

sebes

Great update. The port is very realistic, and very busy! I can understand why the region is soo whealthy  :thumbsup:

The picture of the explposion in the Embassy tower is shocking.... I wonder what caused it. 
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Earth quake

Splendid update Carmine, I love your bridge, really realistic!!!!

bat

Fantastic new update there! And wonderful pictures of the port! The picture of the bridge is also beautiful!
Great work on the update!

Looking forward to more...

rooker1

Not sure how I missed your last update, but that was amazing. 
Awesome job on your seaport and you are right, the wait was worth it.
So you say you are going to give us special month, I can't wait.
Robin  &apls
Call me Robin, please.

kimcar

&apls &apls Excellent update Great shot and super job with your seaport  &apls :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

I could not agree more with Robin--it was definitely worth the wait, my friend! A wonderful update! I will most certainly be looking forward to seeing what you have next!

Take care,

Dustin

bohort

Wow  :o
I look at your city and I love this  :thumbsup:
Your port is very realistic !  &apls
We have only planet ! Stop Global Warming !
I'm French, so sorry for my bad english !

CarmineHilton

Today I have a special update for you all, because as stated before in the teaser: the 25th of July was UNION DAY!
The SCJU (SimCity Journal Union) became 3 years old today, which makes it the longest living and most succesful union of all ;)

Of course, Movia joined the celebrations but still kept the terror in mind that occurred at Unity Day this February.
That's why also a remembrance ceremony was set up which was broadcasted LIVE in all SCJU Member States =)

I have some pictures of the LIVE broadcasts from MBC (Movian Broadcasting Corporation). The networks is Movia's biggest tv station and is mostly owned by the Tribune Media Corporation (67 %). That corporation also owns TNNone and the New Burgundian Tribune. Nexio Media Group holds 28 % of the shares and the final 5 % is from other investors.

Now, let's go to some pictures... Enjoy!

» Truly the entire Royal Family was present.

- HM King Nicholas II x HM Queen Paola
- Princess Elisabeth x Prince William of Wales (UK)
- Prince Aymeric x Princess Madeleine (Sweden)
- Princess Azula x Prince Sebastian (Royal Cytheria)
- Princess Mai

» You're probably wonder why nobody is on the pavilion itself? Well, it was currently not allowed because of the light
   show going on. The twinkling starts represent all lost souls in the SCJU year of 2007-2008.

» Just as last year, also Rihanna performed at the Union Day concerts. Other performers were Michelle Williams from DC,
   Katerine (Uniovision Song Contest winner) and Lara Fabian, the artist who will represent Movia in New Rhodesia for the 3rd USC.
   Movian boys band "Spoilt Rich Boys" weren't able to make it on time, sadly...

» I'm sure it would have been beautiful...

Yoder7652: Thank you, and indeed the SCJU Embassy Tower is destroyed. 2 Explosions made the steel structure collapse...
paroch: It indeed took me some time to get them like that =p I'm very happy you like it paroch! Thx :)
sebes: Thanks, Movia is wealthy yes but Asmara City isn't that rich (at some places).. You will see that soon! ;)
art128: I'm glad you like it. Thx for visiting!
Earth quake: Héhé, many people seem to really like the bridge =p I really like it too, actually...
bat: Thx for all those kind words! I'm really happy that you like it all :)
rooker1: I wanted to have done more this month, but didn't really have the chance.. I hope you like this update too! =)
kimcar: Thank you very much! Glad you liked it ;)
thundercrack83: I hope this was worth the wait too.. As said to Robin, I really wanted to do more this month.. Yeah, that's life I guess =p
bohort: Thx for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon ;)

That was it, people! Next update will not be Part II of the port area as promised but it will be something else of Asmara City ;)
I'm not 100 % happy with Part II, so I want to make some changes here and there before posting it.. héhé

Anyway.. see you soon! Carmine.

CasperVg

Very nice work, wonderfully done!
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

rooker1

Carmine,

You can only do what life allows you to do.  Both updates, including this one were great.  I wish you had had more time to do more as I really enjoy your pictures.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

bat

Some really nice pictures there! And the fireworks looks nice!

Looking forward to more...

Simpson

Wow really good
The city s looking really good and réalistic
Continue ;)
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

etherian

Absolutely fantastic pictures there Carmine!
The fireworks are down-right spectacular, looks like one hell of a celebration! ;D
Typographia - Type as Cities" border="0

Types as Cities | Now Showing: Lucida