• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

DAMN Manager

Started by Yild, November 11, 2012, 01:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yild

not my fault... blame one who wrote plugin :P

Im just an app author
DAMN Manager download: at LEX at STEX
DAMN Manager support thread: at SC4Dev

Gordon Dry

Quote from: Yild on March 15, 2013, 03:58:06 AM
not my fault... blame one who wrote plugin :P

Im just an app author

All right, I'm testing a new strategy....

• using DAMN Manager to manage lots
  • creating a backup # 1 of gamefolder\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugins\DAMN\Support\
  • using good ol' SSPTool to change maximum menu items to a higher value (max. 500?  Are you kidding?) and to create new damncontrol.dat and damndesign.dat
  • creating a backup # 2 of gamefolder\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugins\DAMN\Support\
  • using damncontrol.dat and damndesign.dat from SSPTool

Testing ...

Edit:

Nope.
I'm trying it without damndesign.dat

Edit:

All right, the strategy to make it working is

• First I use DAMN Manager just to manage the menus
  • Then I use SSPTool DAMN Manager just to set the design, defaulting to "Urgent Advice Dialog", 2 columns with 400 px, 200 items
  • SimCity 4.exe, DAMNManager.exe with compatibility setting Windows XP SP 2, run as Administrator
  • SimCity 4.exe with compatibility setting deactivate visual designs
  • SSPTool.bat linked, .lnk run as Administrator
  • Lots not hidden (I deleted the zzzzzz_DAMN_Hidden folder)

So the menu works now, but after each lot I chose and set (or pressed ESC) I have to close the whole window and click on Open DAMN Menu again to get it working. If I do not, the menu won't work, it's like just a picture without functionality.

Gordon Dry

I was able just to hide them all again, same settings as in above post.
And I'm allowed to use further items without leaving the menu just clicking on "Open DAMN Menu" again inside the same window.

It's funny, but since I use the SC4 Launcher everything works fine.

But a new issue, when I try to "Add SimCity Lots" initially it works fine, but as soon I want to change anything in any menu with a SimCity lot in it, the "Update plugins list" progress occurs as times as many entries are in that specific menu, that can last horribly long.

Gordon Dry

And something new...

It seems that adding standard SimCity lots and hiding them breaks the reward system.

I'm no more asked to build the "mayor's villa" or the townhall, neither I can build them after the population reached the limits.

I'm trying to remove all of these standard lots now from the DAMN menus - I hope that helps.

--

BTW several lots, specially BSC Parks stuff, which initially had icons inside DAMN, now got blank (none) icons... I don't know why.

Edit:

All right, hiding standard lots is the reason for the problem mentioned above.

While unhiding them I also updated all hidden lots so now the blank icon problem is also solved.

Edit:

... but from time to time other menus get blank icons, so it's a game. As soon as I change menus I can count on it that somewhere several icons get blanked out ...

ROmeoBOT

I got a problem with my damn manager install. It works fine, but it thinks I have the Danish version of SC4 deluxe, when in fact I have the Swedish version. Anyone had this problem before? Is there a setting in the ini-file that can fix this?
I can't render a BAT because I'm a BOT.
I got no problems with UI and LUA.

Gordon Dry

Hmmm.
Now I can't start DAMNManager.exe

I solved another issue, sometimes I couldn't start it when a Total Commander Lister window with HTML or MHT as content was opened, but now something new...

Perhaps the reason is that JDownloader is running (and so is Java) ... but I only guess it because I never tried to run DAMN Manager when JDownloader was running before...

So, here is the message that occurs:

Access violation at address 0040B9E1 in module 'DAMNManager.exe'. Read of address FB0BFB04.

And after clicking on 'OK' the manager is opened with empty spaces where the contents should be and clicking on the close 'X' just closes the window but doesn't end the process.

Edit:

Allright, it seems that JDownloader or Java is not the problem, it was a previously opened Lister window in Total Commander (again). So, if I ever opened an .html or .mht with TC in the Lister, I have to close TC because something is still in memory that DAMNManager doesn't like.

But whatever, it also doesn't like to be opened too long or to be used too much.

After each menu folder done, pressing save and just closing and reopening the whole program is essential or later the user will be p o.

ROmeoBOT

Quote from: ROmeoBOT on April 02, 2013, 02:47:52 AM
I got a problem with my damn manager install. It works fine, but it thinks I have the Danish version of SC4 deluxe, when in fact I have the Swedish version. Anyone had this problem before? Is there a setting in the ini-file that can fix this?

Well, if anyone else got the problem with the maxis lots showing the wrong language name and description, I figured out a workaround.  &idea  You simply rename the language folder you don't want to (example: Danish_original). Then you make a copy of your language folder (ex: Swedish_copy). Then you rename the (ex: Swedish_copy) to (ex: Danish). And suddenly you have your own language in damn Manager!  :thumbsup:  Replace the names with the languages you want to change!

Be careful when you mess around with the maxis original files and always have a backup copy.

enanbaruch

First let me say that this is a great program and I can't wait to use it in the game.  I have successfully installed the program and used it to look through my plugins folder to begin creating and organizing menus.  My problem is that when I play the game, I get blank menus.  I've tried the suggestions made earlier  regarding the change to the path names in the shortcut properties, especially the Start in path name. I still get blank menus.  Should I have reinstalled DAMN after I changed the shortcut path?  In snooping around a little, I compared the files in the DAMN fold under the Plugins with the help file and did find that one file is missing called lottemplates.ini.  I also noticed that the entries in the DAMN-index file all start with C:\PROGRA~2\Maxis\SIMCIT~2\Plugins\DAMN\Root\ as opposed to the full path name of C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugins\DAMN\Root\.  That probably has nothing to do with it but I thought it was worth a try.
Any suggestions for moving forward? I really really really want to use these menus in the game.

ROmeoBOT

Quote from: enanbaruch on April 24, 2013, 11:14:42 AM
I also noticed that the entries in the DAMN-index file all start with C:\PROGRA~2\Maxis\SIMCIT~2\Plugins\DAMN\Root\ as opposed to the full path name of C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugins\DAMN\Root\. 

Have you tried running the program as administrator? And changing the last /app in the shortcut?

It really is a great program.

enanbaruch

Thanks for your response.  All suggestions are one more step towards a solution.  I can't change the last Apps\ in the "Target" path because that is the directory where the SimCity 4.exe file is actually located.  When I take the Apps\ out, the shortcut cannot find the program.  I believe that the references to taking out the Apps\ string is referring to the path in the "Start in" path, which I've done.  I've also been running both the DAMN tool and Simcity 4 in Administrator mode.

I know I am so close to having this work properly.  Even on the "blank" menus in the game, they have the buttons for "home," "back," and "help" put there by the DAMN.  I only need to see the actual menu items.  When using DAMN itself, the program seems to function perfectly, allowing me to add numerous menu items and add most of my lots.

Yild

Quote from: enanbaruch on April 25, 2013, 04:32:22 AM
Thanks for your response.  All suggestions are one more step towards a solution.  I can't change the last Apps\ in the "Target" path because that is the directory where the SimCity 4.exe file is actually located.  When I take the Apps\ out, the shortcut cannot find the program.  I believe that the references to taking out the Apps\ string is referring to the path in the "Start in" path, which I've done.  I've also been running both the DAMN tool and Simcity 4 in Administrator mode.

is file DAMN-index.txt created in sc4\plugins\damn\support ? is this file empty, if not does the entries contains valid paths? i.e.:

E:\GRY\Steam\steamapps\common\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugins\DAMN\Root\THM Military\Airplanes\DAMN-Menu_1363553214161.dat
E:\GRY\Steam\steamapps\common\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugins\DAMN\Root\THM Military\DAMN-Menu_1363038108168.dat
E:\GRY\Steam\steamapps\common\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugins\DAMN\Root\THM Military\MMP\DAMN-Menu_1363552939628.dat
E:\GRY\Steam\steamapps\common\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugins\DAMN\Root\THM Military\OTHER I\DAMN-Menu_1363552977239.dat
E:\GRY\Steam\steamapps\common\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugins\DAMN\Root\THM Military\OTHER II\DAMN-Menu_1363553133247.dat
E:\GRY\Steam\steamapps\common\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugins\DAMN\Root\THM Military\Ships\DAMN-Menu_1363553272474.dat
E:\GRY\Steam\steamapps\common\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugins\DAMN\Root\THM Military\SNM\Base elements I\DAMN-Menu_1363553455480.dat
E:\GRY\Steam\steamapps\common\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugins\DAMN\Root\THM Military\SNM\Civic\DAMN-Menu_1363553408780.dat
E:\GRY\Steam\steamapps\common\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugins\DAMN\Root\THM Military\SNM\DAMN-Menu_1363553313826.dat

if not, use extras-> reindex DAMN menu, it should recreate DAMN-index.txt file (should - if privileges are available for file creation in above folder).

enanbaruch

Thanks Yild!  I have checked the DAMN-index file and just to be sure permissions are working correctly, I did as you suggested and ran the reindex DAMN menu option.  It definately wrote a new file based on the date stamp.  I did notice that whenever DAMN saves this file it uses an abbreviated file path, as in:
C:\PROGRA~2\Maxis\SIMCIT~2\Plugins\DAMN\Root\Civic\Air Cleaner\DAMN-Menu_1366771609462.dat
C:\PROGRA~2\Maxis\SIMCIT~2\Plugins\DAMN\Root\Civic\Education\Colleges Universities\DAMN-Menu_1366768816840.dat

This is how the path originally looked in my shortcut in the "Start In" path name.  I tried editing the DAMN-index file to put the whole path name in there, as in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugins\DAMN\Root\Civic\Air Cleaner\DAMN-Menu_1366771609462.dat
C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugins\DAMN\Root\Civic\Education\Colleges Universities\DAMN-Menu_1366768816840.dat

but running simcity after that yielded the same results - blank menus.

I was thinking that maybe one of my plugins was causing this, so I was going to try to run simcity with a clean plugins folder, and then try adding a few back and rerunning the DAMN tool.  What do you think?

enanbaruch

SUCCESS!  I completely wiped out the plugins folder (the one in Documents\Simcity 4\) and added back several plugin files. I also started over with the DAMN menus - getting rid of the old structure and basically starting over. 

Everyting works fine now.  I will add the plugin files back one or two at a time and eventually see which one was causing the DAMN menus to be blank in the game.

Thank you again for creating such a useful tool, and I apologize for taking your time to answer my problem that was most likely caused by something I've downloaded in my plugins.

If and when I discover which plugin was causing the problem, I will report back here in the future.

Yild

Quote from: enanbaruch on April 25, 2013, 11:13:43 AM
If and when I discover which plugin was causing the problem, I will report back here in the future.

that would be helpfull :)

Strife

been using this tool for a while, its awesome, thanks a lot for uploading it.

i started having this issue a few days ago, when i open the menu all i see is this:

any clue what am i doing wrong?, it was working fine before.

also, is there a way to extend the ingame time the menu is avaiable, i always have to pause the game to use it or it turns grey and disabled.

Yild

Quote from: Strife on May 02, 2013, 07:36:21 AM
been using this tool for a while, its awesome, thanks a lot for uploading it.

i started having this issue a few days ago, when i open the menu all i see is this:

any clue what am i doing wrong?, it was working fine before.

I have never experienced this, it looks like TGI conflict - try to find plugin that is on your picture, remove it and then check DAMN ingame, or split your plugins in half check each part alone, if you found which part cause conflict split in in half and check again... repeat...

also, is there a way to extend the ingame time the menu is avaiable, i always have to pause the game to use it or it turns grey and disabled.

nope, DAMN menu acts as an reward system - each lot from ingame reward menu (original) is placed once and cursor turns to default (menu goes gray) - you can't place reward lot twice - this can be solved by LUA script author (Daelay) but in 7 (?) years that (original) DAMN is available there was no update to this behavior.

H2Odk

Quote from: Yild on May 04, 2013, 03:17:43 AM

nope, DAMN menu acts as an reward system - each lot from ingame reward menu (original) is placed once and cursor turns to default (menu goes gray) - you can't place reward lot twice - this can be solved by LUA script author (Daelay) but in 7 (?) years that (original) DAMN is available there was no update to this behavior.

This is how I solved this (timeout + plop multiple times).. notice ONLY works for DAMN used in the news window.. not as a separate window.

LUA script from damncontrol.dat
--#-package:0000daea# -- package signature
----------- created by Daeley & SSP -------
---------- last edit: 01/06/07 ------------

-- some code to prevent interfering with other kTest1 messages (from me... lol)
news_trigger_ID = " "
itemID = " "
function set_news_ID(string)
news_trigger_ID = string
end

if (DAMenu == nil) then

-- ************** values ****************** --

DAMenu = {}
DAMenu.menu = true -- true for submenu, false for item
DAMenu.parent = DAMenu -- self
DAMenu.op = false
DAMenu.items = {}
DAMenu.size = 0
DAMenu.linkname = "Home"
DAMenu.description = ""

DAMenu.currentMenu = DAMenu -- keep pointer to currently displayed menu

DAMenu.icons = {}
DAMenu.icons.menu   = "sc4://HTML/dae1e700/dae1e71f"
DAMenu.icons.search = "sc4://HTML/dae1e700/dae1e722"
DAMenu.icons.info   = "sc4://HTML/dae1e700/dae1e724"
DAMenu.icons.home   = "sc4://HTML/dae1e700/dae1e721"
DAMenu.icons.back   = "sc4://html/dae1e700/dae1e720"
DAMenu.icons.plop   = "sc4://html/dae1e700/dae1e723"

-- ************** news message ****************** --

local a = create_advice_cityplanning('0DAE102D')
a.trigger  = "1"
a.frequency = 1
a.timeout = 20000
a.title = [[text@dae1e775]]
a.message   = [[text@dae1e776]]
a.priority  = 0
a.mood = advice_moods.NEUTRAL
a.once = 0

local a = create_advice_cityplanning('0DAE102C')
a.trigger  = "DAMenu.op and (news_trigger_ID == 'DAMenu')"
a.frequency = 1
-- a.timeout = 5
a.timeout = 20000 --H2Odk: menu no longer timeout so fast
a.title = [[text@dae1e773]]
a.message   = [[text@dae1e774]]
a.priority  = 0
a.once = 0
a.event = game_events.kTEST1

-- ************** def functions  ****************** --

DAMenu.addItem = function(rootmenu, item)
   rootmenu.items[rootmenu.size] = item
   rootmenu.items[string.lower(item.linkname)] = item -- keep double indexation
   rootmenu.size = rootmenu.size + 1
   item.parent = rootmenu
   if (not (item.menu)) then
     if (item.description == [[text@NULL]]) then
        item.description = nil -- nillification (yes, I just invented that word)
     end
     DAMenu.createItemNews(item)
   end
end

DAMenu.newMenu = function()
   menu = {}
   menu.menu = true -- true for submenu, false for item
   menu.items = {}
   menu.size = 0
   menu.description = "menu description"
   menu.info = {}
   menu.info[1] = ""
   menu.info[2] = ""
   menu.linkname = "menu linkname"
   menu.icon = DAMenu.icons.menu
   return menu
end

DAMenu.addMenu = function(root,name)
   menu = DAMenu.newMenu()
   menu.linkname = name
   DAMenu.addItem(root,menu)
   return menu
end

DAMenu.newItem = function()
   item = {}
   item.menu = false
   item.hidden = false
   item.network = false -- these is obsolete, but for old DAMN
   item.type = "" -- available types: flora, network, zone and finally building
   item.linkname = "item linkname"
   item.info = {}
   item.info[1] = ""
   item.info[2] = ""
   item.description = "item description"
   item.iid = "00000000"
   item.icon = DAMenu.icons.plop
   return item
end

DAMenu.itemCursor = function(item)
-- this is now obsolete, but for old DAMN
   if (item.network) then
     game.tool_plop_network(tonumber(item.iid,16))
   else
-- till here
     if (item.type == "flora") then
       game.tool_plop_flora(tonumber(item.iid,16))
     else
if (item.type == "network") then
  game.tool_plop_network(tonumber(item.iid,16))
       else
  if (item.type == "zone") then
    game.tool_plop_zone(tonumber(item.iid,16))
  else
    game.tool_plop_building(tonumber(item.iid,16))
  end
end
     end
   end
   DAMenu.trigger() --H2Odk: reactivates menu after plop
end 

DAMenu.findItem = function(str)
   local i = 0
   local index = 0
   local x = {}
   str = string.lower(str)
   repeat
     index = string.find(str,"/")
     if (index == nil) then
       x[i] = str
     else
       x[i] = string.sub(str,0,index-1)
       str = string.sub(str,index+1)
       i = i + 1
     end
   until (index == nil)

local menu = DAMenu.items[x[0]]
   i = 1
   while ((menu ~= nil) and (x[i] ~= nil)) do
     menu = menu.items[x[i]]
     i = i+1
   end
   return menu
end

DAMenu.itemCopy = function(item)
   newItem = {}
   for field in item do
     newItem[field] = item[field]
   end
   return newItem
end

DAMenu.createItemNews = function(item)
   if (item.hidden) then
     a = create_reward_cityplanning(item.iid)
     a.condition = function()
       return reward_state.HIDDEN
     end
   end
   if (item.description ~= nil) then
     a = create_advice_cityplanning(string.format("%x",tonumber(item.iid,16)+1))
     a.trigger  = "((news_trigger_ID == 'DAMenuItem') and (itemID == '" .. item.iid .. "'))"
     a.frequency = 1
     a.timeout = 5
     a.title = [[text@dae1e773]]
     a.message = item.description
     a.priority  = 100
     a.once = 0
     a.event = game_events.kTEST1
   end
end

-- ************* search function ****************** --
-- we can not localize these texts
DAMenu.searchTitle = "Search"
DAMenu.searchBody = "Enter a search term (not case sensitive), then press [OK] to view the results. A maximum of 50 results can be displayed."
DAMenu.searchAccept = function()
   DAMenu.searchMenu = DAMenu.newMenu()
   DAMenu.searchMenu.parent = DAMenu
   DAMenu.lookup(string.lower(keyboardInput.currentword),DAMenu)
   DAMenu.searchMenu.linkname = DAMenu.searchMenu.size .. " items found"
   DAMenu.currentMenu = DAMenu.searchMenu
   DAMenu.trigger()
end

DAMenu.lookup = function(str,menu)
   if (DAMenu.searchMenu.size < 50) then
     for i=0,menu.size-1 do
       if (menu.items[i].menu) then
         DAMenu.lookup(str,menu.items[i])
       else
         if (string.find(string.lower(menu.items[i].linkname),str) ~= nil) then
           DAMenu.addItem(DAMenu.searchMenu,DAMenu.itemCopy(menu.items[i]))
         end
       end -- else
     end -- for
   end -- if
end

-- ************** news utility ****************** --

DAMenu.getTitle = function()
   return DAMenu.currentMenu.linkname
end

DAMenu.getLinkText = function(index,line)
   if (index < DAMenu.currentMenu.size) then
     if (line == 1) then
       return " " .. DAMenu.currentMenu.items[index].linkname
     else
       if (DAMenu.currentMenu.items[index].info[line-1] ~= "") then   
         return " > " .. DAMenu.currentMenu.items[index].info[line-1]
       end
     end
   end
   return ""
end

DAMenu.getLeftIcon = function(index)
   --return DAMenu.icons.search
     return DAMenu.currentMenu.items[index].icon
   end
   return ""
end   

DAMenu.getRightIcon = function(index)
     if (not(DAMenu.currentMenu.items[index].menu)) then
       if (DAMenu.currentMenu.items[index].description ~= nil) then
         return DAMenu.icons.info
       end
     end
   end
   return ""
end 

DAMenu.open = function(index)
     local item = DAMenu.currentMenu.items[index]
     if (item.menu) then
       DAMenu.currentMenu = item
       DAMenu.trigger()
     else
       DAMenu.triggerItem()
     end
   end
end

DAMenu.plop = function(index)
   if (index == nil) then
     local item = DAMenu.currentMenu
     if (not (item.menu)) then
       DAMenu.itemCursor(item)
       --DAMenu.currentMenu = DAMenu.currentMenu.parent --H2Odk: stops menu going up one level after plop
     end
   else
     if (type(index) == "number") then
         local item = DAMenu.currentMenu.items[index]
         if (item.menu) then
           DAMenu.trigger()
         else
           DAMenu.itemCursor(item)
         end
       end
     end
   end   
end

DAMenu.up = function() -- up one level
   DAMenu.currentMenu = DAMenu.currentMenu.parent
   DAMenu.trigger()
end 

DAMenu.root = function() -- back to root level
   DAMenu.currentMenu = DAMenu
   DAMenu.trigger()
end 

DAMenu.trigger = function()
   if (not (DAMenu.currentMenu.menu)) then
     DAMenu.currentMenu = DAMenu.currentMenu.parent
   end
   DAMenu.op = true
   set_news_ID("DAMenu")
   game.trigger_event(game_events.kTEST1)
end

DAMenu.triggerItem = function()
   itemID = DAMenu.currentMenu.iid
   set_news_ID("DAMenuItem")
   game.trigger_event(game_events.kTEST1)
end

-->> build from directory structure <<--

function DAMenu.interpret(path)

local _,i = string.find(path,"Root\\")
  local relpath = string.sub(path,i+1)

local menu = DAMenu
  while (i) do
    _,i = string.find(relpath,"\\")
    if (i) then 
      local folder = string.sub(relpath,0,i-1)
      -- interpret folder
      local submenu = menu.items[string.lower(folder)]
      if (not submenu) then
        submenu = DAMenu.addMenu(menu,folder)
      end
      menu = submenu
      relpath = string.sub(relpath,i+1)
    end
  end

-- create link from root to relative menu
  DAMenu.items[relpath] = menu

end

-- os.execute("echo off & del list.txt & for /R %i in (*.damn.lua) do echo %i >> list.txt") -- game loses focus :(
local luainput = io.open([[Plugins/DAMN/Support/DAMN-index.txt]])
local line = 1
while (line) do
  line = luainput:read("*l")
  if (line) then
   DAMenu.interpret(line)
  end
end

DAMenu.currentMenu = DAMenu

end

There are 3 edits.. all marked with "H2Odk"

Reihard

Hello.
I have a DAMN window (with the adviser), but it empty.  :'(

What did I do?
I add things in a window, I press SAVE CHANGES and REINDEX DAMN MENU.
I have setup game in folder C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe  and have updated it.
SimCity 4.exe is placed in C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Apps and it is copied in C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe
I pressed on all SimCity 4.exe
I have setup today the newest JAVA (automatically).
I tried setup the DAMN-SSPTOOL, but result same.  It worked with my old Rush Hour.

"check simcity 4 shortcut property " Start in " - it can contain " \Apps" in path, it should point to root folder of the simcity installation ie c: \programs files (x86) \Maxis \Simcity 4\"

I have not understood it and tried to remove or bypass "...\Apps", but it has not helped.

What I should make and press?

Manwith Noname

Reihard, and anyone else for that matter...

I had this same issue. I searched, I read, I tried many things but all of the suggestions failed to make the menus appear. In another thread I found...

Quote from: memo on February 24, 2013, 08:21:30 AM
It is in the attachment. You should get the menues, if you move it into your plugins (and remove your previous DAMN files). I indexed some of the Network Addon Mod items, so you should be able to select some of the puzzle pieces. Though, you don't need the NAM in order to get the menues.

Edit: By the way, I noticed that I did not delete "Apps" from the shortcut at all, but it works nevertheless.

I tried his folder and success! Alas, the link for DAMN was in German and it wasn't my menu setup. Dropping my DAMN-Index.txt brought up my menus but this link to DAMN was still in german.

So I played around, I compared the files across folders and noticed that his damndesign.dat was significantly smaller than mine. Did a bit more playing around swapping files and lost my menus.

Now, I know that when I installed DAMN without creating a menu in DAMN Manager it shows up, in my own language too. So, having created a backup of my DAMN folders with my index files and root structure in place, I wiped them. I re installed DAMN and checked in game. It worked but of course not my menu layout.

Checking what had been installed by DAMN itself, showed me that there was no damndesign.dat.

The next step for me was to replace my ROOT folder and my DAMN-index.txt, the result...

I now have my created menu showing in game.

In short, try deleting the damndesign.dat file found in the DAMN\Support folder.

I don't know what this file does for sure, but my guess is it relates to the columns and pixels you can change in DAMNManager. If there is some valid reason I should not delete this file then maybe someone with more knowledge of it's contents would care to explain but for now, it seems to me that DAMNmanager creates this file and for some reason the game doesn't like it.

Hope this helps someone.

EDIT: This is essentially what GordonDry found also, but he used SSPTool to create a design file...I'm just deleting it and seeing how that works.

droric

Yild,

I would like to request permission to use your application screenshots in some documentation for the DAMN NAM project.  Also if possible would these screenshots be able to be used for the NAM user manual?  Furthermore I was wondering if it was possible to add these root menu's in a more functional method using your application.  See the DAMN-NAM Root Menu button which links to another menu item.  ALSO is it possible to replace the folder icons with item icons?  Thanks!!

PC Specs: i2700k @ 4.9 Ghz, 16 GB @ 1600-8-9-8-16, 2X GTX 580 SLI, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3R, 120 GB Vertex 3 SDD, 3 TB RAID1, 1200W SilentGold, Antec P180B case, Win 8 x64 Pro