• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blakerussell

Hello. I am having trouble finding textures for the RHW-4 Smooth 45 degree curve. Where in the .dat files might they be? Thanks for the help.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: blakerussell on October 05, 2014, 03:25:48 PM
Hello. I am having trouble finding textures for the RHW-4 Smooth 45 degree curve. Where in the .dat files might they be? Thanks for the help.

There aren't any; since they use morph models, they use the same texture as regular RHW-4, and for model-based items, it's 0x5703000e, in RealHighway_L0_RHW-4.dat.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Shadow Assassin

Like last time...

And in curve mode:

It's not quite as slick as the one-tile gap curves, but it is sufficient in most situations.

--SA
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

metarvo

The FA2 RHW-4 is continuing to impress.  I'm looking forward to more.  :)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

noahclem

eggman121

Like always awesome work Daniel. Proves how FAR the FAR is coming  :D . Keep up the great work  :thumbsup:

Anyways here is my addition to the RHW...

I'm sure you will be able to guess what it is.

-eggman121

j-dub

Why thanks Eggman, I don't care what Sonic says, your not that bad of a guy!

compdude787

Quote from: eggman121 on October 07, 2014, 12:49:32 PM
Like always awesome work Daniel. Proves how FAR the FAR is coming  :D . Keep up the great work  :thumbsup:

Anyways here is my addition to the RHW...

[snip]

I'm sure you will be able to guess what it is.

-eggman121

Awesome! I've been wanting a piece like that for a while now; it's much better than that really steep pre-NAM 31 L0-L2 90-degree transition piece! :thumbsup: &apls  &apls  &apls &apls  &apls &apls x9004 
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

eggman121

Thanks for all the kind words...

This one may weave into a future NAM...

-eggman121

compdude787

Much better than that insanely sharp S-curve that we had before, and of course, much more realistic! Previously the engineers of Simerica considered the old DDRHW transitions to be too sharp, so they decided not to put any DDRHW into Simerica's cities. However, this may now change thanks to Eggman! The engineers offer their gratitude to Eggman:

:thumbsup:  &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls x9005 (how high am I going to get with this before the next NAM is released?)

My YouTube Channel

Gugu3

seems like I've lost some amazing stuff guys &apls &apls &apls &apls

chosenreject

Is that a  90 degree curve to L1? and dat ddrhw transition...  :thumbsup:

Pioneer

The DDRHW curve in my opinion, is ESSENTIAL to put in the new NAM

Gugu3

Eggman some amazing stuff from you!Do you think it would be possible to have a 45degree L1 flex curve?
Cheers
Guglielmo

tobsen

First of all I want to say that all the stuff here is really amazing and that i'm looking forward to the next nam.
But is there a possibility for smooth curves for the raised networks to avoid these ugly 45degree corners?
I would love these to build really realistic looking networks and multi-level interchanges.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Gugu3 on October 11, 2014, 04:53:44 AM
Eggman some amazing stuff from you!Do you think it would be possible to have a 45degree L1 flex curve?
Quote from: tobsen on October 11, 2014, 07:39:37 AM
First of all I want to say that all the stuff here is really amazing and that i'm looking forward to the next nam.
But is there a possibility for smooth curves for the raised networks to avoid these ugly 45degree corners?
I would love these to build really realistic looking networks and multi-level interchanges.

Well, there's a bit of a problem here. Well, several problems.

1, Functional fixation. People would inadvertently expect a FlexCURVE to be the same as a FlexFLY (emphasis on curve and fly), so there'd be a fair amount of complaints from people who thought that we were able to get in the FlexFlys developed this release cycle, when in reality, we simply couldn't.

2. We're avoiding puzzle pieces as much as possible. It's more convenient to have a singular overridable piece to handle all the thirty-whatever possible situations, and it would be even more convenient to have said curve draggable. However...

3. When I tried to code it, I encountered a major problem. It turns out that the proposed footprint for the draggable curve was receiving a lot of INRUL Interference from something else. It's extremely subtle and it would go unnoticed by the untrained eye, but there are actually two different versions of the 45-degree bend, one of which had the same exact footprint as what I was trying to code. However, I've been told not to touch that, since it's a convenience to the draggability of RHW compared to how RRW changed the Rail network, and since that pattern corresponds to what's known as the "kinked elbow" that's found on One Way Road and Road (you can try it out for yourselves), it wouldn't make sense to have a kinked elbow for RHW, so, yeah, there are two different versions of the 45-degree bend, neither of which I can touch.

It means that draggable curves are impossible and the only way to get FlexCurves (FlexWRCs?) in-game is by using a RUL1-based solution. That's much more trickier than using an INRUL-based solution for me since I have to find a suitable "intersection" for RHW that doesn't exist yet. However, employing that solution would introduce the problem described in #1.

Sadly, I've a lot on my plate already, and I best focus on one of RHW's other main features for this dev cycle: Draggable Ramp Interfaces. It also means that you won't get to see overridable curves (FlexOCs? FlexORCs?) until after the NAM 33 dev cycle.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

roadgeek

Any indication as to whether Diagonal Bridge fixes will make it into NAM 33? What about diagonal on slopes?

Thanks,
Dan

vinlabsc3k

I can't wait for these new feature, &hlp especially the 90° L0-L1 transition and FAR!

Keep up the work!!  &apls &apls &apls

My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

compdude787

I'm having a problem getting L1 RHW-6C to cross over a street. No matter how much I click around, that center tile will not change from RHW-2.

Can you please make sure this gets fixed in the next NAM? For now, I suppose I'll have to convert all those underpasses to roads.  &mmm

Thanks!!

My YouTube Channel

Tarkus

9 years ago today, on November 16, 2005 . . .

. . . the RHW project was born.  From its humble beginnings as an early alpha, with only a couple intersections, it's now the biggest plugin in the NAM.

How time flies.  Next year marks a decade.

Thank you all for your support over the past 9 years of this project.

-Alex