• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

TMU's BAT Buildings

Started by the Monkeys Uncle, May 28, 2007, 08:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Monkeys Uncle

Every once in a while, I have this random idea for a building, and even rarer yet, the idea is actually good enough to BAT.  I had one such moment a while ago.  It started out like this:

Then this:

Then this:

So anyway, along with at Simphoni and Simtropolis, I'll hopefully keep you guys posted.

Scifan68

*Drools* Whoah that is huge!  It must of took forever to put it all togather.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny,he will take over the world
(")_(")

vester

Nice to see you around again.

Glenni

True BAT legend still keeping on, heh, that's great! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Vario80

Hi TMU, didn't know you are posting here also!  :) This really a stunning huge building looks great. :thumbsup:
Avatar: Atlantic Hotel Sail City- The new landmark of Bremerhaven

jeronij

Hello  TMU,

nice to see you around the site  :thumbsup:

This is a wonderful architecture. Very elegant. I'lll keep an eye on the development of this beauty  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

the Monkeys Uncle

Quote from: Vario80 on May 29, 2007, 12:35:45 AM
Hi TMU, didn't know you are posting here also!  :) This really a stunning huge building looks great. :thumbsup:
Occasionally. ;D

Yes it is pretty huge; 120 storeys at 480m!

the Monkeys Uncle

I've been working a little more on it, and I finally got the entire building sheath on, plus the base done.  It's looking better than I imagined!  Now for the detailing... hopefully I won't have to push it over 100,000 polygons, either (it's currently at 75,000)

schooner2

Wow, this is an amazing building!  I cannot wait to see the finished product!
"Proclaiming your religion, race, ethnicity, gender just cheapens your image.  After all, aren't we all just human?"  - Anonymous

Vario80

Looks pretty good i think.
I like the rounded shape of the building and also the glassfront is okay. Keep it up! :thumbsup:
Avatar: Atlantic Hotel Sail City- The new landmark of Bremerhaven

RippleJet

Another CAMeLot in the making! ::)

the Monkeys Uncle

CAMeLot?  *is confused*

Anyway, look, roofjunk!  (and, a cool view from the top)

RippleJet

Sorry for confusing you! :P
A CAMeLot is a growable lot made for the CAM, with a growth stage higher than those set by Maxis, ie. 9-15 for residentials and commercials.

See my sig for a link to the Colossus Addon Mod! :thumbsup:

Shadow Assassin

Your building is shaping up quite nicely, Tmoo. :P Don't worry too much about poly limits and that sort of thing, it actually has nothing to do with render time. What has to do with render time, though, is the total volume and height of the building.

Here's to hoping the camera rig doesn't stuff it up. :D

(By the way, I accidentally deleted you from my contact list, so I have to re-add you :P)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

the Monkeys Uncle

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on June 01, 2007, 05:18:14 PM
Your building is shaping up quite nicely, Tmoo. :P Don't worry too much about poly limits and that sort of thing, it actually has nothing to do with render time. What has to do with render time, though, is the total volume and height of the building.
Yeah, but it does have an effect on the smoothness of my computer when I'm trying to run the BAT and 5 other programs at the same time. Photoshop, Firefox, MSN... etc etc etc

Shadow Assassin

Well, don't run them! :P

Ideally, you should only have Photoshop and gMax running. Or buy another GB of RAM. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!